Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3679 3680 [3681] 3682 3683 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448455 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55200 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:43 pm »

Speaking of college, I'm in it now, and let's just say I have an...unexpected roommate.

Just search my name and "roommate" for about half an hour of posts that are hilarious to other people but horrifying to live through. Nevermind, forum search is still awful. No matter, you'll hear all the stories sooner or later.

Also I'm going to try to use my future degree to save humanity from the energy crisis. You're welcome.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:06:22 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55201 on: November 10, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

You try but ultimately fail because you spend your entire future time punching people in the face.

At least, that's how I like to imagine it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55202 on: November 10, 2012, 08:11:45 pm »

!

Vector's back! Wait, why am I posting this in the sad thread?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55203 on: November 10, 2012, 08:30:12 pm »

Don't be anxious about college, Pnx, you can do it!  No, but seriously, I got bullied all four years and there's legitimately sucky stuff that happens, but often you can find a safe spot to kinda nestle into and everything feels pretty okay.  The important thing is to focus on learning, not grades, and working on your social life and overall happiness like it's your job helps, too.  I found that once I stopped thinking about things less in terms of "I am failing" and more in terms of "the overall situation may be negative, but it is currently improving in X, Y, and Z ways" I was much better able to cope.

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well :3  I'll check out your LP soon.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, and yeah, learning to have a good attitude towards failure is good. I rarely have conversations with my father, but one of the few times we did my father made a really good point about that, he told me that the best way to view failure is as a learning experience. Breaking the habits of a lifetime hasn't been easy, I've always had extremely low self-esteem and a lot of the things that have happened to me have managed to make that problem worse, but I think I have been making progress on that front.

As for anxiety... well I'm working on that too, I've been working on trying not to be terrified of everything outside of the little room where I spend most of my days, it's been... tough, and I'm actually seriously considering taking anti-anxiety medication to do something about it, but I'm not sure if that's something I want to do yet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:00:56 am by Pnx »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55204 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:38 pm »

Oh, hi vector, welcome back, for however long you're here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55205 on: November 10, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »

Welcome back, Vector.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55206 on: November 10, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »

*joins general Vector welcoming crowd*

As far as sads go, had the strangest crying jag earlier today and it's still kinda' lingering. Seemed to be kicked off by one of the old shuttle launch soundbytes, so I'm not sure it's entirely sad so much as... something or other, but it's kinda' disconcerting. Might be a bit of that whole subconcious, "Goddamnit humanity, you can be awesome, why do you do other shit?" thing.

I've also apparently buggered up my wrist somehow when I was helping load up a motor scooter thingy, yesterday, and the pain of it's starting to kick in harder today. Might have just stressed tendons or something, I'unno, but having a somewhat limited field of motion that doesn't cause pain spikes with my hand is annoying. Might be a doc visit in the near future if I don't see improvement :-\

Also kinda' looking like I'm going to have to go strangle either a glasses maker or an optometrist in the next week or two. Daily headaches, bleh, and I'm pretty sure the cause is the new glasses.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55207 on: November 10, 2012, 10:30:11 pm »

Oh, hi vector, welcome back, for however long you're here.
This.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55208 on: November 10, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »

Hey there Vector, glad to hear how you've been. Rather missed you!

About to check out Honey and Clover, and try again with Baccano! and Cowboy Bebop.  I suddenly have rather a lot of time >_____>

Unless you meant the Manga, I started livestreaming episodes of Cowboy Bebop on Saturdays, back to back with Joss Whedon's Firefly, after considering the similarities between them. We're only on episode 4 of Bebop so far, and the old episodes are up there, if you'd like to catch them; there are apparently a lot of folks who haven't seen it before.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55209 on: November 10, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »

So, in actual sads, I'm getting fed up with my job and all its driving and the time it takes away from daddy/daughter time. By the time I get home nowadays, it's her bedtime. It's only going to get worse from here until christmas is over. I work almost the entire month of december solid.

Also, said munchkin is sick. She's in my bed right now, coughing a teeny little child cough and sniffling in her sleep.

I need a freakin' hard drink, but I won't drink anything but the gatorade sitting beside me, because she's in the house.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55210 on: November 11, 2012, 02:28:31 am »

I just had my exam for my maths paper yesterday. I'm so not sure how well that exam went, didn't finish it, guessed at some questions, yadda yadda.

I'll be gutted if I have to take it again next year.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55211 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »

I shed manly space tears every time I hear a space shuttle launch.
I interpreted this part of your post like this  :P

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55212 on: November 12, 2012, 03:27:20 am »

I was blocked from my Live/Hotmail account because I couldn't remember my password. This is no problem for my XBox as I'm already logged into my console but I haven't finished the Dawn of War 2 campaign.

Worst part is I've been using Gmail for two years, so I don't have enough information memorised to answer the recovery questionnaire at an acceptable level.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55213 on: November 12, 2012, 09:11:29 am »

Urgh, I hate it when milk starts thickening at the bottom.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55214 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:11 am »

If when life gives you lemons you make lemon aid, when do you do when life gives you curdled milk?
Pages: 1 ... 3679 3680 [3681] 3682 3683 ... 8167