Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3675 3676 [3677] 3678 3679 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449383 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55140 on: November 09, 2012, 07:38:01 am »

Figures. The two thieves are actually really thieves. One's probably his lackey; the other, the boss. The boss has a syndicate in Malaysia, and his identity here is a farce.

I hope they die together in hell for all the fuck ups they gave us to handle. Let them burn in unholy unity! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55141 on: November 09, 2012, 07:49:32 am »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55143 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:49 am »

Procrastinated on a lab report. Now I have to write it all up today.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55144 on: November 09, 2012, 10:40:24 am »

Slight happy is that the video also says that it is not exclusively bad.

But the main problem with this kinda things is that it's all decided by old people saying "LULZ INTERNET = BAD CUZ PRON AND PAIRATEZ = CRIMINALZ!".
This kinda thing needs to be introduced over one or two generations, when most people know the good side of the internet, and what goes and what does not.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55145 on: November 09, 2012, 10:59:04 am »

I really, really don't want to go into work today.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55146 on: November 09, 2012, 11:54:57 am »

Yet more attempts to control the internet
Why does that keep happening  >:( :(

Don't you know, if you control the Internet you control the world.  Well either that or you can stop all the evil pirates stealing yar stuff.

Er, what is the proposal now? couldn't find it from a quick look at one of the articles.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55147 on: November 09, 2012, 12:43:33 pm »

Don't you know, if you control the Internet you control the world.  Well either that or you can stop all the evil pirates stealing yar stuff.

Er, what is the proposal now? couldn't find it from a quick look at one of the articles.
To hand responsiblity and authority for regulating the internet to the ITU.
The ITU is a UN agency that was created to regulate the telegraph and gives each nation's government one vote each on each policy and has zero transparancy.
If accepted as the regulatory body of the internet policies effecting the internet would be decided, voted on behind closed doors and only announced once moves were made to enforce them.
Russia, China, Pakistan and a number of other internet freedom loving countries are pushing hard for the ITU to be given this authority.
And here's a piece written on wired by the head of the ITU on the subject

Governments are looking for more effective frameworks to combat fraud and other crimes. Some commentators have suggested such frameworks could also legitimize censorship. However, Member States already have the right, as stated in Article 34 of the Constitution of ITU, to block any private telecommunications that appear “dangerous to the security of the State or contrary to its laws, to public order or to decency.” The treaty regulations cannot override the Constitution.
It makes for intresting reading.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55148 on: November 09, 2012, 12:50:50 pm »

You know, I've got a pretty simple policy when it comes to this kind of monitoring stuff, if they're watching us, we should be watching them.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55149 on: November 09, 2012, 01:05:20 pm »

Rules that are proposed to regulate the Internet are almost always stupid in that they assume that the Internet is built on certain fundamental underlying structures which are actually only optional.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55150 on: November 09, 2012, 01:34:53 pm »

I find it amusing that it is says "As stated in article 34", and that that article is related to censorship.
That's a very amusing coincidence.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55151 on: November 09, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »

The RNG hates me tonight, it seems...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55152 on: November 09, 2012, 09:02:38 pm »

I'm talking to like, 5 different people in different chats, thinking about how I'm not quite so lonely anymore. Then I look around, and realize most of them are spread across the world.

* kaijyuu is lonely again.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Cuffling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55153 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:58 pm »

It helps to remember you're talking to actual people and not to a computer bot thingy

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55154 on: November 09, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

It helps to remember you're talking to actual people and not to a computer bot thingy
I know. But I'm the type that likes physical interaction as well :(

(and not just perverted stuff, you pervs)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3675 3676 [3677] 3678 3679 ... 8167