Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3670 3671 [3672] 3673 3674 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451360 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55065 on: November 06, 2012, 08:17:40 am »

All our classes were in cold rooms today. :(
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55066 on: November 06, 2012, 01:31:58 pm »

Minor, minor, but chicken and dumplings made with de-boned (instead of boneless, i.e. bought with bones and boiled off of 'em instead of bought without entirely.) chicken makes me sad. Every single time I eat it, I end up biting into bone remnants, which I really, really hate doing. "There's no bones in it!" *omnomnomcrunch* goddamnit

Dumplings are not supposed to crunch :(

And afterwards, I have trouble stomaching that batch of dumplings, because there's always that lingering chance that the next bite is going to be thoroughly unpleasant. I really would rather be gorging on the delicious things, but... nope. Argh.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:33:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55067 on: November 06, 2012, 05:15:02 pm »

Today's version of self loathing:

I don't deserve anything. I take more than I give, which isn't really excusable anymore. I think of all the things I've been given by others: raised by my family, given all these luxuries I use every day by society, and society itself being made and supported on the backs of laborers everywhere. What have I given in return? Not much.

I'm not religious anymore, but this song keeps going through my head. I cannot give a resounding yes to the questions it poses, and I want to. But will I ever? Can I repay all the things I've been given? I'm not sure.

I just feel useless and spoiled.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55068 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:07 pm »

If you need to give in order to feel good about yourself, I could use some stuff... ;)

Anywho, we all stand on the shoulders of giants. The point isn't to give back - you usually can't, and shouldn't want to. The point is almost always to pass it forward. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to do that, for sure.

All you need to do to break even is to "pass it forward" more than the average person, and you're gold.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55069 on: November 06, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »

I am currently puking my guts out. Thank you, sickness.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55070 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »

I am currently puking my guts out. Thank you, sickness.
Ugh, sympathies man D: I hate the flu.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55071 on: November 06, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

It seems my belovedly awesome monitor died this morning.  Power randomly switched off and won't switch back on.  I should be able to send it in under warranty, but gah... it sucks horribly.

Was starting to feel like I was coming down with something lastnight, but gave up a couple hours of sleep for the election anyway.  Now I'm feeling like crap and like I shouldn't have bothered with the useless token gesture.  I'm not in a swing state and I wrote in a third party candidate to help her get the 5% for federal funding, but she's not going to get it.

Everyone in my family found some way to piss me off just as I was leaving for work.

And I'm at work now, where the mouse wheel that I make reflexive use of constantly while reviewing documents keeps switching directions.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #55072 on: November 07, 2012, 03:26:47 am »

Wasted three hours trying to get Linux and Code::blocks all working together nicely to compile for Linux. I didn't get to do that. :(

I could have done other things with that time... ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55073 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:58 am »

Did like, nothing TOO bad at school last night.
I get to speak with the discipline director today. Woo.
And when I say :
nothing TOO bad
I mean, all I did was bang on a door.
At 4:00 PM, when there were no classes to disrupt.
So, if im lucky, i'll get off with a detention.
Because if you so much as look at something funny, you seem to get a detention now.
And yet if people scream at and argue with a teacher,
they get a slap on the wrist.
I love small schools.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55074 on: November 07, 2012, 10:48:00 am »

Just watched the finale of Mitchell and Webb. Who the fuck ends a comedy show with something like that?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55075 on: November 07, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

Just watched the finale of Mitchell and Webb. Who the fuck ends a comedy show with something like that?
Apparently, they do. Honestly, though, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55076 on: November 07, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »

Its Nor'eastering.  My classes got cancelled...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55077 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

That sucks. I was with my then-gf up in New York back in '96 or so when a nor'easter hit. There were a couple of nearby towns where whole houses were underwater.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:00:52 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55078 on: November 07, 2012, 04:06:36 pm »

Well snow today.  I walked home places rather than trust the bus, what with my dui not letting me drive.  I almost took a picture of myself, I had on all black leather but the peacoat (which is dark navy blue and not leather).

Im hearing about more power outages and accidents.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55079 on: November 07, 2012, 05:10:06 pm »

Apparently, they do. Honestly, though, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Since you asked, have one of the most depressing sketches ever.
Pages: 1 ... 3670 3671 [3672] 3673 3674 ... 8167