Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453635 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54960 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »

My dog gets way scared of fireworks. She was shivering under my chair all evening wrapped in a blanket. Need to get her some earmuffs or something. :(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54961 on: November 03, 2012, 10:41:58 pm »

TWOO WUV is appealing to me, if only because I'm desperate for someone that I trust enough to be completely open with. Sex (and to a lesser degree, romance) doesn't merit nearly as much attention. Of course I've got my own problems with being completely lacking in any sort of social sensitivity; I can't read people to save my life, and I'm internally terrified of being close to people, even ones I've known for a decade or more. Ikari Shinji said it best, "I'm so fucked up." Though that particular context doesn't quite apply in this case. I'm not that far gone. At least not in that particular way.

I guess that's my unintentional sad for the day.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #54962 on: November 03, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »

Oh, tell me about it. I am completely and utterly terrified of the one women I've had a serious crush on for the past three years; I seem to be monogamous by nature, and...well, if all you have room for is your history teacher, you quickly become clingy and obsessed.

My fear now is that that will carry over and I'll be scared of my future girlfriends/wife.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54963 on: November 03, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »

TWOO WUV is appealing to me, if only because I'm desperate for someone that I trust enough to be completely open with. Sex (and to a lesser degree, romance) doesn't merit nearly as much attention. Of course I've got my own problems with being completely lacking in any sort of social sensitivity; I can't read people to save my life, and I'm internally terrified of being close to people, even ones I've known for a decade or more. Ikari Shinji said it best, "I'm so fucked up." Though that particular context doesn't quite apply in this case. I'm not that far gone. At least not in that particular way.
This. Yes, I too pine for someone to be completly open and loved. The closest I have is my little aspergeric sister, and my cat, neither of whom offer me attention for that reason. Specially difficult considering my shyness.

Except for the feeling other people part, sad thing is when I try I can literally read minds and bend them too my will, problem being working up the nerve to do it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54964 on: November 03, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »

Man, I tried all that, and it seems pointless. TWOO WUV just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Sure, it would be nice, but I don't think I ever want to settle down with anyone ever again. I've made that painfully clear to my ladyfriend, and I hope she doesn't start falling for me. I also hope I don't start falling for her. Either scenario would be heartbreaking. I just can't do it again. Not right now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54965 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

Man, I tried all that, and it seems pointless. TWOO WUV just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Sure, it would be nice, but I don't think I ever want to settle down with anyone ever again. I've made that painfully clear to my ladyfriend, and I hope she doesn't start falling for me. I also hope I don't start falling for her. Either scenario would be heartbreaking. I just can't do it again. Not right now.
Well then, good to keep other goals in mind. Like bending masses to your will.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54966 on: November 03, 2012, 11:16:48 pm »

Well then, good to keep other goals in mind. Like bending faces to your will.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54967 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:31 pm »

I just want someone to hold me and say it's okay, once in a while :(

I don't quite understand the "terrified" thing because it's the opposite for me. I want someone I don't have to be afraid around, because I know they won't judge or anything if I have a concern. Someone who knows me to their core and likes me anyway. I'm totally afraid of what people think of me, but a romantic partner would be the last one I'd be afraid of.

* kaijyuu shrugs.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54968 on: November 03, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

I just want someone to be there with me when I'm alone. I spend too much time by myself nowadays. Also snuggles.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54969 on: November 03, 2012, 11:20:26 pm »

Snuggles are good. Among other things. It boggles the mind how many of you guys place emotional value on physicality.

Am I really the only one who likes physical relationships with no strings attached? Sure seems that way sometimes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54970 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:29 pm »

I want somebody that shares similar life values as me that I can raise a family with.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54971 on: November 03, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »

I'm kinda neutral on the raising family thing. I'd certainly wait until moderate financial security though (out of school and with a half decent job). Of course, I wouldn't wait until full financial security, since that'd never happen.

But yeah, kids are in the maybe pile. Adoption if with another dude.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54972 on: November 03, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »

I think I might be a sociopath.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54973 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »

I think I might be a sociopath.
Join the club. There are T-shirts with your name on them.

BTW, why do you think so?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54974 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »

Because I can't empathize with anyone and I am not off-put by the misery of others. I have no desire to hurt anybody and I never really have, but I just don't care about anybody. I am the happiest when I'm completely alone and have difficulties communicating with all but my long-time friends, who I find it difficult to empathize with or care about too.
Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 ... 8167