Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3644 3645 [3646] 3647 3648 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465613 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54675 on: October 23, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »

Usually auditory stuttering is because of latency issues, or a computer slow-down, or an issue with your headphones/speakers.

If you can, plug them into something else to see if that's the issue. And if you can, try a different computer on the same network.

If you can't, restart your computer and hope for the best?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54676 on: October 23, 2012, 08:33:02 pm »

Pets, just like a trusted old friend, soothe and uplift without being asked to. Sometimes just standing next to them eases secret sorrows and fears of what has yet to come.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54677 on: October 23, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »

I felt really good when I woke up this morning, but as the day wore on, my smile wore off. Ugh. I'm just tired, stressed, and lonely.

Wanted to take a nap. Just tossed and turned.
Tried various things for stress relief. No enjoyment.

The worst part is I don't even know what I'm stressed over. I just feel like there's a huge weight on my shoulders, and I can't relax. Trying to think what it could be, I can't come up with anything but a few things I have no control over (my move being delayed, several friends having issues I can't help with, etc). I don't particularly feel like I'm stressing out over those things, but they're about the only worries I have right now, so I dunno.

Ever been on vacation and felt you needed a break? That's kinda what I feel like right now. I should be relaxed, but just can't do it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54678 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

Something I try when I get like that is to stay at a friends place for the day (and stay the night), play lots of video games, spent a lot of time shouting at each other, that sort of thing.  I'm always sad when I have to go back home, but something about that helps me "reset," like I have my fill of fun shenanigans and I don't feel so bad about getting back to productive things.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54679 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:19 pm »

Yeah it'd be nice if I had a friend's place to stay at :(

Maybe I really should go through with that road trip. A winter one doesn't sound like that great of an idea though (I hate driving in snow (in fact I hate driving period)).
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54680 on: October 23, 2012, 11:08:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54681 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:40 pm »

Yeah, I know all about that. :(

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54682 on: October 24, 2012, 01:41:52 am »

Why does Pandora keep stuttering?! It just does it randomly, I don't know why, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer from Google.

I'm just trying to enjoy my hype radio stations, and I can't doing that if it keeps stuttering.
Dude, you shouldn't be so insensitive about its speech impediment! It tries its best to give you quality service, and then you just go shooting it down.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54683 on: October 24, 2012, 06:39:24 am »

Why does Pandora keep stuttering?! It just does it randomly, I don't know why, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer from Google.

I'm just trying to enjoy my hype radio stations, and I can't doing that if it keeps stuttering.
Dude, you shouldn't be so insensitive about its speech impediment! It tries its best to give you quality service, and then you just go shooting it down.

Hey, when the only thing I'm patiently watching adverts for every now and again for is smooth service, it should only expect to get the heel when it starts skipping and stuttering. Step your game up Pandora, literally nothing else experiences this kind of latency issue.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54684 on: October 24, 2012, 08:05:08 am »

Laptop is about to die, and I currently lack new charger.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54685 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:03 am »

Do CPR?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54686 on: October 24, 2012, 08:55:36 am »

Blow into the charger port, in hopes your laptop is Windpower Compatible™.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54687 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:40 am »

Blow into the charger port, in hopes your laptop is Windpower Compatible™.
Or stomp on it, if it resembles a NES/SNES cartridge. And everything else in this video when they try to fix it. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpJiL0aOj8
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:26:55 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54688 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »

What did i just watch? :P

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54689 on: October 24, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »

Weather related misery: I haven't seen the sun in two+ weeks, it's been overcast and/or drizzling for all that time.  At this point, I'd even kill for some snow instead of rain.
Pages: 1 ... 3644 3645 [3646] 3647 3648 ... 8167