Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3636 3637 [3638] 3639 3640 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467461 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54555 on: October 21, 2012, 08:16:03 pm »

My dad can not handle his rage in any constructive way. He really only can conceive of two possible ways to deal with his anger: bottle it up or blow it out. So, I just let him rant. Sometimes it gets bad for some reason, elections are terrible. He's been calling Obama the N word tonight. [sigh]. :(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54556 on: October 21, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »

Still sad from yesterday. Everyone I know is out partying and getting laid and having fun, and I'm here, at home, having just got done working my back and knees into vaguely bony paste, sitting on a computer utterly bored with nothing to do but dwell on how sad I am. This is bullshit. :/ I need something to do, but there's nothing to do.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54557 on: October 21, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »

Still sad from yesterday. Everyone I know is out partying and getting laid and having fun, and I'm here, at home, having just got done working my back and knees into vaguely bony paste, sitting on a computer utterly bored with nothing to do but dwell on how sad I am. This is bullshit. :/ I need something to do, but there's nothing to do.
Here's some concilatory Tim Curry.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54558 on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:06 pm »

Lol, sweet, now I'm on youtube. Much better. :P Thanks though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54559 on: October 21, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »

I feel kind of pathetic recently in knowing that my cousin is entering highschool and has a cute girlfriend.

This is the cousin I've known, quite literally, from the day he was born. I held him in my arms when he was just a baby and watched him grow up through the years. And now I feel pathetic that he's probably gotten laid before I have.

Time to go fall asleep feeling bad about myself. Again.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54560 on: October 22, 2012, 01:39:33 am »

And now I feel pathetic that he's probably gotten laid before I have.

Why do people consider this a metric of life success?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54561 on: October 22, 2012, 01:40:42 am »

Beats me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54562 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:12 am »

And now I feel pathetic that he's probably gotten laid before I have.

Why do people consider this a metric of life success?

Cultural mores and learned behaviors. Those two things account for a good ninety percent of all evil and wrong in the world.

Ironically, they also account for much of the good too. :/
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54563 on: October 22, 2012, 01:49:17 am »

Presumably it's a challenge to get laid, and if someone younger than you gets laid first, then you're 'not up to the challenge'. Not true, of course, but still, people seem to think that way.
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54564 on: October 22, 2012, 01:51:01 am »

It's all very strange. I always considered sex to be an expression of love between two people, but apparently its more like video games to everyone else. :/
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54565 on: October 22, 2012, 01:52:43 am »

It's all very strange. I always considered sex to be an expression of love between two people, but apparently its more like video games to everyone else. :/
Apparently this is sex, then.
Sig! Onol

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54566 on: October 22, 2012, 01:55:54 am »

For me it's not so much getting laid as finding a wife and raising a family.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54567 on: October 22, 2012, 02:00:15 am »

Apparently this is sex, then.
That sounds like what it is for some of the people I know.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54568 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:13 am »

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.

They have to be roughly in boy/girlfriend territory for me, so I require some attraction to be there and it to be an expression of it, like Hans. At the same time, I'm fine with just some playful fun.

I could potentially have a relationship that's completely devoid of sex. It'd be nice, but it's not the end all, not nearly. In the "expressions of love" totem pole, it's roughly in the middle for me. Genuine expressions of caring and concern supersede it, despite their mundanity.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54569 on: October 22, 2012, 04:02:03 am »

For me it's not so much getting laid as finding a wife and raising a family.

That is actually the whole reason I am not out looking for a girlfriend right now - I want a wife and kids, not some meaningless fling. My roommates criticize me for not wanting to go out and get laid though, and I'm not certain how to laugh them off. I told them, I'm not interested in sex before marriage and even then not regularly until it's time to start having kids. They still laugh at me though, thinking I'm some kind of beta. I'm not a fish I'm a lone wolf, with my own ideas and visions.

It makes me sad that my roommates see women as nothing more than something to use for their own selfish needs and desires. It also makes me sad that while they claim to be religious that they lack the compassion and kindness that is supposed to go with that sort of thing.

Then again, humanity makes me sad in general. That's why I lost hope for humanity when I was a young boy and decided to just do my own damn thing. Strangely, that thing these days entails being kind to complete strangers and letting them cut in front of me at the supermarket despite my large quantity of perishables, and telling random people to have a nice day despite the fact that I will never see them again.

Either way, I should get some sleep. I've got to head to the HUD later today so I can update my information with them. Hopefully this is goodnight.
Pages: 1 ... 3636 3637 [3638] 3639 3640 ... 8167