Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3634 3635 [3636] 3637 3638 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467278 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54525 on: October 21, 2012, 12:23:16 am »

I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't be empty :'(

Sleep hans, if you're tired. Some rest will do a bit of good, at least.

Haha, that wasn't empty. :P

And I don't wanna. I just wanna get fucked up to be honest. So tired of being sober, at least when I'm on drugs I can bury myself in my vice instead of dwelling on how sad I am.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54526 on: October 21, 2012, 12:33:47 am »

I'm worried about my future.

I hate that I hate. I want to blame my roommate for re-igniting my misanthropic hate, but the truth is that it's just me. His idiocy is but an outlet. I thought this was over, I thought I was past this. A few months ago everything was alright, people liked me and for the most part I liked them. Now I'm around a bunch of hateful motherfuckers who I hate and who hate me back all the time because I don't live like they do. I hate being here and moreso I hate knowing I have to be here and have no other real options in life.

This is bullshit. It's all bullshit, its my fault, and I'm tired of it. I don't even want to be doing any of this anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54527 on: October 21, 2012, 12:38:27 am »

I'm worried about my future.

I hate that I hate. I want to blame my roommate for re-igniting my misanthropic hate, but the truth is that it's just me. His idiocy is but an outlet. I thought this was over, I thought I was past this. A few months ago everything was alright, people liked me and for the most part I liked them. Now I'm around a bunch of hateful motherfuckers who I hate and who hate me back all the time because I don't live like they do. I hate being here and moreso I hate knowing I have to be here and have no other real options in life.

This is bullshit. It's all bullshit, its my fault, and I'm tired of it. I don't even want to be doing any of this anymore.

It's not all your fault, MSH. You might be the one who's hating, so you're part of it, but it's not ALL you. Sometimes people just suck. I know about the misanthropy, but you have to remember there are good people out there. Just... Maybe not anywhere near you right now. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54528 on: October 21, 2012, 12:44:26 am »

I can't think of anything that wouldn't come off as condescending, since I've never had such a problem :(

But I will say this:

I hate that I hate.
I find this worthy of much respect.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54529 on: October 21, 2012, 12:49:19 am »

I can't think of anything that wouldn't come off as condescending, since I've never had such a problem :(
Must agree.
But I will say this:

I hate that I hate.
I find this worthy of much respect.
As the general representative of Misanthropy here, I must interject.

You hate. Rage filles your soul. Hate is one of those emotions that is different. It is a starter emotion, spewing all sorts from it. It is unlike rage, which springs from loathing or others, and moves logically to someother emotion; and is similar to Love, with its own Cast of emotions to support it.

Just keep in mind that Time dulls Hate's edge, and that Abscence makes the Heart grow fonder. You will move on. You will stop hating.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54530 on: October 21, 2012, 12:51:38 am »

And then sometimes Misko is frighteningly lucid and logical. What witchery is this... But seriously, that was pretty comforting, at least for me.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54531 on: October 21, 2012, 12:52:29 am »

And then sometimes Misko is frighteningly lucid and logical. What witchery is this...
* kaijyuu is terrified.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54532 on: October 21, 2012, 01:19:35 am »

MSH, doubt it'd help, but I've been in a somewhat similar situation most of my life. My near daily litany for many, many years (and still not uncommon one) is
Quote from: W. C. Hazlitt, English Proverb
For every evil under the sun,
There is a cure, or there is none;
If there be one, try and find it,
If there be none, never mind it."

If you can't do anything about the situation, do what it takes to put it out of your mind. Hate takes up so much energy you could be doing something else with, y'know? Find a useful outlet, if you can. It's not easy, though. Not at all. Always the process, "Can I do anything about it? No? Then why should I care? Do I care? Yes? Then I must stop, until and unless I can do something about it. I need that energy for something else."

Somewhat easier when you don't have the luxury of anger, but despite the troubles you're having that still seems pretty safe for you to indulge in, so it'd be a bit harder. Meditation, maybe? The practical aspect if not the spiritual. If you're having anger reactions, consciously stopping the physiological aspect of it helps quite a bit with the psychological part, I've found. It's been a long, long time since it was safe for me to get angry, so there's some experience there. It seems to help, over the long run, at least. Short term gains can be difficult, but every little bit, yeah?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54533 on: October 21, 2012, 01:23:27 am »

And then sometimes Misko is frighteningly lucid and logical. What witchery is this...
* kaijyuu is terrified.
This is new method of terrifying people through meta. People were expecting madness. I supplied reasonable and well-thought out opinion. People are freaked out more then If I had suggested brutally murdering everyone by beating them with a physical copy of Windows Vista.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #54534 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:05 am »

Not sad, but been in a random "self-destructive" mood for the last couple of days. Not like I wanna ruin my career and social life, more that I just really want to get drunk and smoke sometime. And I don't smoke :S
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:28:27 am by MorleyDev »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54535 on: October 21, 2012, 08:16:51 am »

The sun passes lower over the horizon each day. Good bye Summer! We hardly knew ye. :(

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54536 on: October 21, 2012, 10:24:26 am »

Im watching a kitten beat up on my commonlaw niece's one-eyed old-ass dog.  Its playing hunter with the dog all day.  The dog just takes it and welps...  And last time it tried to get its funk on it got mauled by a 'jealeous boyfriend'.  Poor chihuahua...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54537 on: October 21, 2012, 01:48:28 pm »

Every D&D game I try to participate in appears to die as soon as I join it. It's as if my very existance destroyed the free time of the DMs. This is starting to get rather frustrating.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54538 on: October 21, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »

Mine's not dead.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54539 on: October 21, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

If I remember correctly, I dropped out of that one because I had problems with getting Hamachi to run correctly, also, it's on sundays, which are problematic for me. So yeah.  :(

Edit: Though I never gave you a proper explanaiton for that, did I? Sorry for that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:13:05 pm by Theoboldi »
Pages: 1 ... 3634 3635 [3636] 3637 3638 ... 8167