Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3620 3621 [3622] 3623 3624 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467369 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54315 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

Well i do have questions but the company is legit in anyways just didnt like how some situations were handled.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54316 on: October 17, 2012, 02:17:46 am »

I feel kinda sick for some reason. :-\ No idea why.
Ontop of that the ongoing saga of Yoink trying to move out has hit another snag. I was supposed to move today, now it looks like it's gonna be tomorrow. *sigh*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54317 on: October 17, 2012, 07:05:22 am »

E: Only hope I think to getting her is if she starts making the moves (not likely, considering the gender roles thing), because I think she's also in to me. Sends very obvious signals of attraction which get broadcasted to her friends and somehow sent to me.

I think we're this.
Oh. You're not screwed. Still have chance. Make move soon though.

I wish I could. We barely talk, and I don't know her that much. Social Anxiety gets to my guts before I can do something, and I guess admitting I have feelings for her on FB would totally be lame. I don't even keep in touch with her through texting, let alone ask her out to meet me somewhere.

This statement makes me genuinely angry New Guy. I don't want you to be lonely and pathetic like me, so I want you to discard whatever shitty feelings of awkwardness or anxiety and just ask her out on a playful date or something. Fucking do it, compared to me, you have what's basically a linear straightforward path to success, and it hurts me too much to see you squander it.

Once again:

Just fucking do it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54318 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:09 am »

I'll never understand why so many of you guys insist on being heart-achingly lonely. All of you, gather 'round, it's pep talk time.

Look. There are 6+billion people in this world. People relatively close to you are fewer than that, sure, but you have an advantage with those people: language. You can talk to them. You can ask them questions. You can find out stuff about them. If you find out that you like them, you can tell them. If you do tell them, the very worst that can happen is that they say "no, thanks" and you move on to the next person. Seriously, that's the very worst. You don't have to be crushed, or bitter, or whatever, so long at you make a legitimate attempt.

The biggest obstacle to loneliness is realizing that people can't fucking read your mind. If someone shows interest in you, and you're interested in them, all you have to do is get some way for them to figure it out. Tell them. Not ballsy enough? Write a letter/email/whathaveyou. Not your style? Serenade them. Try to start a rumor chain. Do interpretive dance. Fucking do something to let them know. You don't even have to gusto up to do it. Usually social clues will let a person know, even if you don't know you're giving them off.

The easiest way to do this, though, is usually just walking up to someone and asking, "Hey, you wanna go get something to eat sometime?" Seriously. Try it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54319 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:30 am »

I think the biggest obstacle to loneliness is that people won't fucking go away.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54320 on: October 17, 2012, 08:33:31 am »

That's why you need to take to the hobby of satirizing and aggressive cynicism.

One really well placed borderline-racist/sexist joke and most go running for the hills.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54321 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:26 am »

I think the biggest obstacle to loneliness is that people won't fucking go away.
Well played.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54322 on: October 17, 2012, 08:39:08 am »

I'll never understand why so many of you guys insist on being heart-achingly lonely. All of you, gather 'round, it's pep talk time.

Look. There are 6+billion people in this world. People relatively close to you are fewer than that, sure, but you have an advantage with those people: language. You can talk to them. You can ask them questions. You can find out stuff about them. If you find out that you like them, you can tell them. If you do tell them, the very worst that can happen is that they say "no, thanks" and you move on to the next person. Seriously, that's the very worst. You don't have to be crushed, or bitter, or whatever, so long at you make a legitimate attempt.

The biggest obstacle to loneliness is realizing that people can't fucking read your mind. If someone shows interest in you, and you're interested in them, all you have to do is get some way for them to figure it out. Tell them. Not ballsy enough? Write a letter/email/whathaveyou. Not your style? Serenade them. Try to start a rumor chain. Do interpretive dance. Fucking do something to let them know. You don't even have to gusto up to do it. Usually social clues will let a person know, even if you don't know you're giving them off.

The easiest way to do this, though, is usually just walking up to someone and asking, "Hey, you wanna go get something to eat sometime?" Seriously. Try it.
+1 to this. I realize I'm being hypocritical here, because I was totally Mr. Cripplingly Shy Guy in my teens and early 20's. But I'm trying to save you what it took me 15-20 years to learn: it really doesn't hurt that bad to get turned down. I have not only been stood up on dates, I went with a bro on a double-blind date one time and the females ended up breaking the speed limit and endangering life and limb in order to lose us. Which was kinda harsh but at the same time fucking hilarious.

You'll get a lot of chances, but you may not necessarily get a lot of *good* chances. So if one comes along....carpe diem.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54323 on: October 17, 2012, 08:59:03 am »

Or you could tell a girl you're into her and then get the fuck kicked out of you by her boyfriend and several friends of his.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54324 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

AAaaand that is why doing a bit of research can help a lot.

AAAAaaaand that is why you're going to live the rest of your life as a creepy stalker.

AAAAAAAaaaaaand that is why you're going to be forever alone.

I kinda got sidetracked there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54325 on: October 17, 2012, 09:01:37 am »

Or you could tell a girl you're into her and then get the fuck kicked out of you by her boyfriend and several friends of his.
Only if you do so in front of him, and if he's bigger and a douche.  Fun Fact:  if they talk a good talk when they could be inserting boot into ass, than tey probably don't want to, can't, or won't unless its a last resort.  Its a social display, and if you can win it than you 'win' the girl.  Apes we are.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54326 on: October 17, 2012, 09:02:46 am »

I'm trying to save you what it took me 15-20 years to learn
You know that never works, right :p
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54327 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:18 am »

I'm trying to save you what it took me 15-20 years to learn
You know that never works, right :p

This. :P Everyone's gonna be like, "Good advice, but..."

I learned on my own how to talk to women, but I'm just avoiding the whole thing because a recent incident with my LF illustrated very well how emotionally unstable I am.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54328 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:08 am »

Hmmprf. I need braces. Kinda as expected, but this is just going to be so fucking annoying. One good part is that they are going to install them during christmas holidays. Why is this good you ask? Because this means it wont have to be done during school, causing me to miss lessons and causing huge frustration (of wich i already have more then enough of in school.).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:57:03 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54329 on: October 17, 2012, 10:39:53 am »

....brackets?? or do you mean braces? (metal things on teeth)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3620 3621 [3622] 3623 3624 ... 8167