Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3617 3618 [3619] 3620 3621 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469225 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54270 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:42 am »

You filtered through a thousand emails, many of which were probably spam/redundant.  Speaking of redundant, I needa turn off this forums auto-email....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54271 on: October 16, 2012, 10:53:48 am »

You filtered through a thousand emails, many of which were probably spam/redundant.  Speaking of redundant, I needa turn off this forums auto-email....

All are "work" emails I was intentionally cc'd on. I've thrown water on half a dozen brush fires and gasoline on half a dozen more. 1000 was an exaggeration. really it was just a few hundred.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54272 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:11 am »

At least you get attention.  I so unimportant Im actually sitting at a desk with a laptop out while sorting confidential mail.  I don't have legit access to office computers and the last time I sent an email out it was for an 'awareness project' that the head of the department didn'tbother to comment on save to say she "didn't have time".  While Im only a part time this kinda chisles at my work ethic and makes me sad.  Ive had custodial jobs with more import than this one.

All are "work" emails I was intentionally cc'd on. I've thrown water on half a dozen brush fires and gasoline on half a dozen more. 1000 was an exaggeration. really it was just a few hundred.

Now I trying to picture my boss-lady conducting a meeting while secretly playing DF... :)

you MONSTER!
Snow=awesome.  Some of my best still-wearable naval artifacts were meant to be worn in winter.  Snow/cold is great.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54273 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:52 am »

Not so much sad as a vague sense of loss, here.

I'm moving away from home, so I'm sorting through alllllll the old junk from my childhood. Figuring out what to throw away, what to box up and shove into a closet to forget about, and what to actually take with me. Lots of old arts and crafts projects that have been sitting on my shelves for a decade are going in the garbage (except maybe a neat paper mache t-rex I made in 4th grade; he's kinda cute. Would make an interesting thing to put on top of my PC case). Most my old toys are going to my nephew. Old nintendo powers are getting boxed up. Some VHS movies are in the "I dunno" pile. My display broadsword and katana are probably coming with me, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh, and I found about $30 in change amongst everything. That was good.

It'll be okay! Soon enough you'll clutter up your new home with stuff like that. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54274 on: October 16, 2012, 11:29:23 am »

I'm not disputing that snow is great, I'm disputing that snow is terrible.
I LOVE SNOW!

Same here, snow is all snowy and nice. Combine it with biking home with a good friend and you have hilarity right there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54275 on: October 16, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »

I'm not disputing that snow is great, I'm disputing that snow is terrible.
I LOVE SNOW!

Same here, snow is all snowy and nice. Combine it with biking home with a good friend and you have hilarity right there.
replace the wheels on stabilisers with skis, and viola! you will struggle to fall over!
I can fall over quite effectively on skis. At high speeds, even. I can also do a good imitation of a landmine victim by launching myself into the air and leaving a trail of debris before making an impact crater. With my face.

...I haven't been skiing in quite some time.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54276 on: October 16, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »

Man but those are LEG skies, not STABILIZER skis! Completely different animal!

What you need to do is attach some stabilizer skis to your regular skis and it wouldn't be such a problem.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54277 on: October 16, 2012, 12:51:55 pm »

Man but those are LEG skies, not STABILIZER skis! Completely different animal!

What you need to do is attach some stabilizer skis to your regular skis and it wouldn't be such a problem.
That sounds suspiciously like a meme.

"Yo dawg, I put some skis on your skis so you can stand up while you fall down!"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54278 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:38 pm »

Know-it-all dad has gotten himself lost. Had to give him directions over phone while looking at Google Maps.

He will not shut the hell up. I can't tell him which streets to turn down if he won't shut up. Worst part? It's all complaining.... You have two and only two options:
a.) sit their and bitch while ignoring directions while things don't get better, or
b.) listen to and follow directions and things will get better.

Noticed, there is not other option... [sigh].

I need to know what street you are on. I need to know what streets you are passing while on that street. I don't care that there's some bakery or auto shop; cram it, now.... And, because you didn't cram it, you've missed the street you were going to turn on.... Fantastic.

[sigh]

:(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:19:05 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54279 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »

Ah, irate family members :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54280 on: October 16, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »

Know-it-all dad has gotten himself lost. Had to give him directions over phone while looking at Google Maps.

He will not shut the hell up. I can't tell him which streets to turn down if he won't shut up. Worst part? It's all complaining.... You have two and only two options:
a.) sit their and bitch while ignoring directions while things don't get better, or
b.) listen to and follow directions and things will get better.

Noticed, there is not other option... [sigh].

I need to know what street you are on. I need to know what streets you are passing while on that street. I don't care that there's some bakery or auto shop; cram it, now.... And, because you didn't cram it, you've missed the street you were going to turn on.... Fantastic.

[sigh]

:(
You forgot...it's now YOUR fault for not giving him that street direction soon enough.

Now, picture that scenario for roughly 8 hours a day. Congratulations! You now have a rough idea of what my job is like.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54281 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »

We need to give Red a million dollars and burn his work to the ground.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54282 on: October 16, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »

I'm up for some random arson. But where will we get the million dollars?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54283 on: October 16, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »

Let's go rob corporations!

Then liberalize the country!

Then burn Red's work to the ground!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54284 on: October 16, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »

You could run guns to the Mexican cartels, thus causing us to investigate you and creating a loop.

Pages: 1 ... 3617 3618 [3619] 3620 3621 ... 8167