Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456846 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54150 on: October 14, 2012, 11:21:26 pm »

Or we could provide those niceties to everyone, so there's no incentive to go to jail, ever.

In my town, there was a guy who started a forest fire because he was tired of being homeless. He wanted to go to jail, since you know, jail food > garbage can food. Can't say I blame him (though I'd prefer he'd of robbed a bank with a finger gun rather than burned down a mountain...).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54151 on: October 14, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »

Actually, don't do anything like that, because it's evil, vile and illegal. This is only a ridicious hypothetical. Go get a second job, lazy assholes.
Hoping this is joke...

Wait, they were doing the same thing back then, too? :P
Yes, but back then, it included actually stabbing people.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54152 on: October 14, 2012, 11:32:05 pm »

Instead of just smearing their reputation with a bunch of crap.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54153 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »

They did that with literal shit instead.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54154 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:12 pm »

Or we could provide those niceties to everyone, so there's no incentive to go to jail, ever.

In my town, there was a guy who started a forest fire because he was tired of being homeless. He wanted to go to jail, since you know, jail food > garbage can food. Can't say I blame him (though I'd prefer he'd of robbed a bank with a finger gun rather than burned down a mountain...).

The situation is probably not that terrible. You can show up at an ER and they'll treat you at their own loss, even though the hospital will do everything in it's power to get rid of you if it's obvious you won't pay them anything. Prison hospitals are not the best in the world either, but they will treat even quite advanced issues. Lady I knew had her ovarian cyst removed during her stint in county jail, probably saved herself hundreds of thousands of dollars by getting put into jail, ironically enough.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54155 on: October 14, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »

Power went out last night, and as a result it got incredibly cold. Also, I seem to have gotten sick. Fak.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54156 on: October 14, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »

They did that with literal shit instead.

Sometimes both at once, if they felt like dabbling in biological warfare.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54157 on: October 14, 2012, 11:54:19 pm »

I was out for most of today due to some food that didn't agree with me. Despite having a several hour nap I'm still really drained. Not something you want to occur when riding through the metro system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #54158 on: October 14, 2012, 11:59:13 pm »

My sister is sick. A coworker was sick at work. And every other person here is sick.

???
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54159 on: October 15, 2012, 12:20:14 am »

I probably should have re-made the thread, but I just didn't get around to it.
Seems legit to me  ::)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54160 on: October 15, 2012, 12:21:38 am »

You can fight a war, but you can't fight a people.

I think the greater part of the military should be toned down to national guard et al, and the cancelation of a good chunk of the recruiting. If we had a smaller army, we'd be much less tempted to stick our nose into places people don't want our noses in.

What screws the States over most of the time is its politics and red tape. I want to go back to the days of Lincoln, baby.

The US was isolationist from 1776 up until 1941. The current interventionist mindset comes from the entire civilized world shouting "none of this mess would have happened if you'd have gotten off your selfish ass and helped out" after both world wars. While at the same time scorning Americans for not being European. The entire reason that the US military is so large is because so many nations demanded and received defense pacts after WWII, and a large force was needed to fulfill treaty commitments.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54161 on: October 15, 2012, 12:23:50 am »

You can fight a war, but you can't fight a people.

I think the greater part of the military should be toned down to national guard et al, and the cancelation of a good chunk of the recruiting. If we had a smaller army, we'd be much less tempted to stick our nose into places people don't want our noses in.

What screws the States over most of the time is its politics and red tape. I want to go back to the days of Lincoln, baby.

The US was isolationist from 1776 up until 1941. The current interventionist mindset comes from the entire civilized world shouting "none of this mess would have happened if you'd have gotten off your selfish ass and helped out" after both world wars. While at the same time scorning Americans for not being European. The entire reason that the US military is so large is because so many nations demanded and received defense pacts after WWII, and a large force was needed to fulfill treaty commitments.

I think you misused the word civilized. You can't apply that word to Europe. They have civilization, but they're not very civilized. :P
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54162 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:13 am »

...Did some posts disappear? I mean, the spambot did, but so did a couple of posts after that :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54163 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:59 am »

...Did some posts disappear? I mean, the spambot did, but so did a couple of posts after that :o

Sssssh. You saw nothing.
He's fucking with us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54164 on: October 15, 2012, 12:26:42 am »

Sssssh. You saw nothing.
He knows. Neutralization squad inbound.
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 8167