Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3607 3608 [3609] 3610 3611 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460017 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54120 on: October 14, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54121 on: October 14, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

Yeah. Urk. I kinda don't want to wake up tomorrow. I hate waking up in general. Worst time of the day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54122 on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »

It's generally better when you're waking up WITH someone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54123 on: October 14, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »

Yeesh, not even a library or sumthin'? Supports my lean toward suicide before imprisonment a bit more. Sounds like one of the fastest ways in the world to drive me bugfuck insane. I get jittery if I don't have something to read for an extended period. Psychological addiction if there ever was one. Haven't gone more than a day or two, maybe three on the outside, without reading in, like, two decades.

I'd wonder if that means something, but... eh. It's an addiction I'm fairly happy to have, t'be honest. Might be able to get by if I could write, instead, but I haven't been forced to try, yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54124 on: October 14, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

...Depends on who.
Sig! Onol

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54125 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »

...Depends on who.
This is true.

Your bunkmate in jail? Not good.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54126 on: October 14, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »

...Depends on who.
This is true.

Also a corpse. Not from experience, but I've heard it's unpleasant.
Sig! Onol

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54127 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01:28 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54128 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:25 pm »

Have I ever mentioned I get no sleep whatsoever if I share a bed with someone? Yes, even if I get to know them biblically. So, I'm sure waking up would be great then. Except I never get to the whole, 'Falling asleep' thing. :) You can't see it in the smiley, but I'm gritting my teeth for that smile.

...Depends on who.
This is true.

Goddamnit, there aren't bunks, the people aren't like that, and jail isn't like that. You're thinking of prison, cellmates, and felons. People in jail are innocent. Until proven guilty. Except not.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54129 on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:46 pm »

While I've never been in the system myself, many of my relatives have, and a few are guards at the county jail. Unless you're spending time in state prison, you have most of the amusements that you have in the outside world, and it's fairly comfortable. For that matter, I'm still pissed at a cousin of mine because he forgot some of my books at the jail last time he did time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54130 on: October 14, 2012, 10:07:28 pm »

Have I ever mentioned I get no sleep whatsoever if I share a bed with someone? Yes, even if I get to know them biblically. So, I'm sure waking up would be great then. Except I never get to the whole, 'Falling asleep' thing. :) You can't see it in the smiley, but I'm gritting my teeth for that smile.
Oooh, that sucks :( Twin beds for you, I guess.

Goddamnit, there aren't bunks, the people aren't like that, and jail isn't like that. You're thinking of prison, cellmates, and felons. People in jail are innocent. Until proven guilty. Except not.
Sorry :(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54131 on: October 14, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »

You're all good, Kai.

While I've never been in the system myself, many of my relatives have, and a few are guards at the county jail. Unless you're spending time in state prison, you have most of the amusements that you have in the outside world, and it's fairly comfortable. For that matter, I'm still pissed at a cousin of mine because he forgot some of my books at the jail last time he did time.

o.O I don't know where you live, but where I live, it's all concrete and metal as far as you can see. There's a tiny library that contains the sum total of every Louis L'Amour book ever written ever, even the fakes, and a shitpile of shitty spy books. No computers, the phones cost... A ton of money to use, and people can only donate books, they can't give them directly to you for you to read.
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54132 on: October 14, 2012, 10:25:42 pm »

It's in my profile. I live in NW Ohio.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54133 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:37 pm »

Man, next time I get in trouble, I'm doing it in NW Ohio.
He's fucking with us.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54134 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

Minimum Security prison is where it's at, so I'm told. Internet access and everything so long as you are not a sex offender.

You gotta be a bourgeois white-collar criminal to get into that sort of prison though.
Pages: 1 ... 3607 3608 [3609] 3610 3611 ... 8167