Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3603 3604 [3605] 3606 3607 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463465 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54060 on: October 12, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Okay, two things are making me sad.

One, I think I'm developing a crush on somebody. If I don't act, I'll never know whether she'd be willing to go on a date with me or not. If I do, I could be rejected. Sure, she sort of acknowledges my existence, but it's only really because we're both doing volunteer work at the Salvation Army. I just know this is going to end in pain for me, one way or another.

Two, the kitten was going berserk, as usual, and was trying to strip my forearms of flesh. Or at least it felt like that. I was laying in bed at the time, mucking about with my laptop. I eventually just stick my arms in the air, so they're out of reach. He looks like he's about to go for my face. I basically say "If you go for my face, you will regret it". My stepdad, who's in the hallway, on the computer, says, "Well maybe if it wasn't so ugly, he wouldn't." I reply with "Now that was uncalled for." He replies to that with "So was your birth, but we don't complain about that." He may of thought of it as 'joking' but it still really hurt.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54061 on: October 12, 2012, 05:19:06 pm »

For one, rejection > knowing you never tried.

For two, :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54062 on: October 12, 2012, 05:21:57 pm »

One, I think I'm developing a crush on somebody. If I don't act, I'll never know whether she'd be willing to go on a date with me or not. If I do, I could be rejected. Sure, she sort of acknowledges my existence, but it's only really because we're both doing volunteer work at the Salvation Army. I just know this is going to end in pain for me, one way or another.

Just do it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #54063 on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:35 pm »

The phrase "disturbing" is just a label to me. It rarely has any effect on my emotions.

The same with "morality". It's all relative, and we all die anyway. :(

I want to believe there's good and evil, and that I'm good, but it's hard to rationalize (on both counts.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54064 on: October 12, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »

@Haspen: :D I'm glad I rate so highly on your to-manhug-list.

@Kai: Yeah, I'll try to figure one of them out. Until then, I'ma prolly just PM you.

In general: I had a sad today, but it went away. My LF made it better. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54065 on: October 12, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

But you can't hear my MANLY VOICE through PMs!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54066 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:07 pm »

But you can't hear my MANLY VOICE through PMs!

Lolz, but this way I get to preserve the mystery of your sexy voice forever!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54067 on: October 12, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »

Done. Making new topic.

Thanks. Things pretty much continued to ramble all off-topic-like since my last post. IRCers, to that thread!

Anyway, I'm sad that people I like have been circumstantially removing themselves from my life for the last 2 years. Trying to get back in touch with folks, but it kinda sucks that I can expect few to no replies.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54068 on: October 13, 2012, 08:21:14 am »

I find the feeling that I lack genuine emotions disturbing. I have to question myself if what I feel is real, and not just play-pretending.

If there are emotions I can feel, it's fear, sadness and all the negativity. I'm not sure if all the good feelings I feel are genuine or just ephemeral spur of the moment feelings...

I'm also questioning myself if I really like my crush or if it's just born out of pretending.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #54069 on: October 13, 2012, 09:52:15 am »

My GPA is in the gutter.

It's a 2.8 from what I've calculated, and I don't think I'll have any chance with something lower than a 3.5*. The problem is what I've always said, plus a tendency of lack of effort on my side. Also, tests aren't made to consider GPA, since all the teachers need to do is spread everyone out over the diabolic bell curve and rank them up. GPA isn't a thing in Korea**.

:( My academic forecast is dimming ~

* Seeing that I easily got a 4.1 during my one year stint at an American school without studying at all, that shows how undervalued a 4 is.

** Slightly happier, a grade system will be introduced starting from 2014 for 9th graders and going up.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54070 on: October 13, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »

my high school classmates are really fucked up this year. So far we had a suicide, car death, car accident, assault, now a family member kidnapped and unfortunately found dead in a park. The world is trying to kill off the 92' kids

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54071 on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

holy crap man D:

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54072 on: October 13, 2012, 03:53:17 pm »

my high school classmates are really fucked up this year. So far we had a suicide, car death, car accident, assault, now a family member kidnapped and unfortunately found dead in a park. The world is trying to kill off the 92' kids
I suspect it might just be that this kind of thing is more visible to you than usual, than it is that it's occurring more often. I remember talking with one of the head administrators for the school who told me that our school had something like 4 or 5 deaths a year, then again we had something in the region of a couple thousand students, so maybe not?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54073 on: October 13, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

well i couldn't really argue on our class size 400 i think, but everyone new each other so its a huge shock for us especially we been labeled as the last sane class year for our high school >__>

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54074 on: October 13, 2012, 04:38:30 pm »

I've been giving a situation some time to cool down because nobody involved did anything wrong. Yet when I check the situation my heart starts to race and a feeling of dread sends me to shivers. Last time I was like this was when my dog died. And to top it all off I reported what was bothering me to a friend of mine, who told me "Well they must not have really been your friend if they did that." That pissed me off enough to sorta rudely close down the conversation. I'm not gonna downplay anybody for how this turned out, or value something for less than it is.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 3603 3604 [3605] 3606 3607 ... 8167