Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3594 3595 [3596] 3597 3598 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461688 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53925 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:11 am »

Oh man, it has officially reached the point where getting out of bed in the morning is not only uncomfortable, now it is also really damn cold.

Am I the only person who loves this...?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53926 on: October 11, 2012, 06:45:33 am »

Oh man, it has officially reached the point where getting out of bed in the morning is not only uncomfortable, now it is also really damn cold.

Am I the only person who loves this...?

I think you may be confusing "brisk and refreshing" with "really damn cold".  As in, "your feet stick to the floor and then go numb"-cold.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53927 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:28 am »

Actually, I love the cold freezing cold does to my pillow and blanket, and how warm it is outside, but my face/head is really really bitterly cold. And when in the morning, I suffer cold shock because the air is sooo cold, it's even better xD

You could say I love bitter cold if only for the relative warmth rolling myself up in a blanket gives me.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53928 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:37 am »

Actually, I love the cold freezing cold does to my pillow and blanket, and how warm it is outside, but my face/head is really really bitterly cold. And when in the morning, I suffer cold shock because the air is sooo cold, it's even better xD

You could say I love bitter cold if only for the relative warmth rolling myself up in a blanket gives me.

Well, yeah.  That's all well and dandy.  But having to get out of that cozy warmthness and step into the cold harsh reality that you're still not really awake yet but you've got an hour to shower, get dressed and cram something foodlike down your gullet before going *outside* into the even bitterer cold harshness of an early-morning world that's forgotten to pay its heating bills...  Not quite so storytime enjoyable.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53929 on: October 11, 2012, 07:32:17 am »

Each to their own xD

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53930 on: October 11, 2012, 08:11:21 am »

Hrm... this thread doesn't seem very sad at all.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53931 on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:19 am »

The hospital is lying to me again. :(

I'm not thinking I'm actually going to get this stupid bill resolved.

I'm pretty sure they are lying because they are following the "script" that all the previous liars followed.

This is kind of stupid - I feel like, for some reason or other, hospitals shouldn't be allowed to lie to people. I guess I can understand why they are doing it, but still.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53932 on: October 11, 2012, 09:45:02 am »

Each to their own xD
Wait, wait. How cold is your cold?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53933 on: October 11, 2012, 11:00:53 am »

Got another 14/20. Aka, after this weekend alot less computer for me, probably. The most annoying thing is that i could have got 17,5/20 if i didnt get to work on the test instantly but simply listened for a while as the teacher said something we didnt put in. I put exactly that in.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53934 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:32 am »

I got an 88 on both tests this week, and on an essay discoursing agression in rats 110 days old in varying degrees of isolation.  Then my philosphy prof dumped a c- in me for 3 counts of 'improper format'.  I didn't realize I was in ENGH101 again.

Also, b+ is cool, but an a- looks better.  at least I'm not struggling for the Bs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53935 on: October 11, 2012, 11:18:29 am »

I got an 88 on both tests this week, and on an essay discoursing agression in rats 110 days old in varying degrees of isolation.  Then my philosphy prof dumped a c- in me for 3 counts of 'improper format'.  I didn't realize I was in ENGH101 again.

Also, b+ is cool, but an a- looks better.  at least I'm not struggling for the Bs.
Hmm, i feel you. I got a 7.5 for english today because i wrote "there are no X" instead of "There are not X" a few times.
WTF?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53936 on: October 11, 2012, 11:23:39 am »

not X... what? That second construction doesn't make any sense without a following verb or, like... a number.

"There are no rocks" does makes sense.
"There are not rocks" does not.
"There are not a dozen rocks" does.
"There are not enough rocks to bury a man with" does.

So I guess  that seems a bit crazy, but it depends on context. But then, English teachers can be a bit crazy, after all... Like, most of them believe their subject is prescriptive! Hah! Madness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53937 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:33 am »

I have the snivvlies.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53938 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38:15 am »

Well, for singular it was "there is not a projector"
The sentence was "There are no windows".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53939 on: October 11, 2012, 11:39:29 am »

There are not/no windows in the rape dungeon.  That makes sense...  Id say ask another teacher if its buggering you.  I did that all through first year, cuz my *A&P* prof was a dork to me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:41:24 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3594 3595 [3596] 3597 3598 ... 8167