Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3587 3588 [3589] 3590 3591 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465461 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53820 on: October 10, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »

What are you smoking and where can I get some?
I AM SMOKING LANGUAGE, AND IT IS GLORIOUS

... Shakespeare was written on highly potent hemp paper. This is the only logical explanation.
The man married a cousin.  And was liberal with the catamitin'.  Was not above it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53821 on: October 10, 2012, 04:40:00 pm »

As far as bizarre Facebook estrangements go, I've been 'FB-Friends' with the slightly-younger daughter of a couple of my parents' friends.  Family-friends and all that jazz.

This gal is a wee bit too prone to posting either bible quotations or links to articles "FINALLY AND WITHOUT ROOM FOR A SHADOW OF A DOUBT" debunking Obama's birth certificate.  As in, he's really a bushman from the African desert.  A Marxist bushman.

Then, one day, she left one particularly enjoyable biblical post as her status.  I noticed this, and the fight between my humanistic etiquette and my atheistic desire to confront all y'all's damn ign'nce in the most biting and witty way possible.

The quote in question:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eventually, manners failed.

My response to the pious young girly:

Within fifteen minutes, I was unfriended and blocked from her profile.  No message, just *bam*.  I learned from a friend that she had also, of course, deleted my comment from her page.

Not that I find this particularly saddening, mind.  In fact, I think it's hilarious.  But it was almost relevant to something that was posted here quite a ways back, and I felt like posting it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53822 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:38 pm »

/kind of on-topic

Pisskop, you make me sad for not looking into 'my messages' page :P

/on-topic

Remember that badass grammar professor of mine who knew 20 or so languages, travelled half the world, conducted exam to 'In the Hall of the Mountain King', an so on? He is going to retire next year. Damn, there goes great teacher mind :(
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53823 on: October 10, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »

As far as bizarre Facebook estrangements go, I've been 'FB-Friends' with the slightly-younger daughter of a couple of my parents' friends.  Family-friends and all that jazz.

This gal is a wee bit too prone to posting either bible quotations or links to articles "FINALLY AND WITHOUT ROOM FOR A SHADOW OF A DOUBT" debunking Obama's birth certificate.  As in, he's really a bushman from the African desert.  A Marxist bushman.

Then, one day, she left one particularly enjoyable biblical post as her status.  I noticed this, and the fight between my humanistic etiquette and my atheistic desire to confront all y'all's damn ign'nce in the most biting and witty way possible.

The quote in question:

Eventually, manners failed.

My response to the pious young girly:

Within fifteen minutes, I was unfriended and blocked from her profile.  No message, just *bam*.  I learned from a friend that she had also, of course, deleted my comment from her page.

Not that I find this particularly saddening, mind.  In fact, I think it's hilarious.  But it was almost relevant to something that was posted here quite a ways back, and I felt like posting it.

I find it frustrating that no matter what you say, people are just going to pick and choose what parts of the Bible 'count' and which don't. But I really can't go any deeper than that or someone will get mad at me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53824 on: October 10, 2012, 04:55:35 pm »

Its true.  The bible is a compilation of works scattered across several timeperiods and by different authors in different countries.  Its as full of contradictions as our psychs and habitations.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53825 on: October 10, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

Julia Dietze's so hot it hurts.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53826 on: October 10, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »

Julia Dietze's so hot it hurts.

Why is that a sad?

I had to google her, and she is fairly hot, but I don't see how that would hurt.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53827 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:03 pm »

Meh. Generic hollywood babe.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53828 on: October 10, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »

I once again fail to understand the concept of "hot".

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53829 on: October 10, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

*shrug* dunno, I get dull throatache whenever I see a sufficiently hawt woman. Effect of months long singleness I'm guessing.

Actually, upon further introspection, what saddens me a bit is that today I realized that I was friendzoned (while reading a webcomic, of all things). I wasn't madly infatuated, so it's mainly a pride-thing; I feel foolish (worse, foolish-with-public)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53830 on: October 10, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

*shrug* dunno, I get dull throatache whenever I see a sufficiently hawt woman. Effect of months long singleness I'm guessing.

Just wait until you get to the stage where it doesn't hurt anymore. That's even worse.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53831 on: October 10, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »

May I ask how long its been since you had a chain significant other share your bed?  Its been over 3years for me...  Don't wanna cross a line...
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53832 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53833 on: October 10, 2012, 05:33:59 pm »

fat isn't really that hot.
It is to some people. Others (like me) don't really care. So don't be too hard on yourself :)

Virgin here as well, despite my ahem... antics here.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53834 on: October 10, 2012, 05:35:17 pm »

May I ask how long its been since you had a chain significant other share your bed?  Its been over 3years for me...  Don't wanna cross a line...
Rookie :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3587 3588 [3589] 3590 3591 ... 8167