Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469502 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53700 on: October 09, 2012, 01:02:16 pm »

I don't think many people know much about chickens at all. Or most domestic animals for that matter.

Like how people think turkeys can't fly or don't realize chickens are jungle scavengers or don't know that cows kill more people than sharks every year, and go mad aggro on dogs.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53701 on: October 09, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »

Yeah, chickens are fucking evil. I have to walk through a herd of them every morning, and about once a week they end up making me bleed from evil chicken attacks.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53702 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:42 pm »

Yeah, chickens are fucking evil. I have to walk through a herd of them every morning, and about once a week they end up making me bleed from evil chicken attacks.

Are these mundane pecking attacks or LoZ-style Cuckoo massacre attacks?

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53703 on: October 09, 2012, 02:31:20 pm »

Chickens are just fat vultures anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53704 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:12 pm »

They taste better though, or so I hear. Vulture meat's supposed to be pretty bad. No clue what the eggs are like, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53705 on: October 09, 2012, 02:57:57 pm »

Obviously, it's the dry, warm place to stay. And the large slaves who will cater to their whims.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #53706 on: October 09, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Nah, it's the evil conditioning you do on the poor animal, it needs to be killed in order to free its soul.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53707 on: October 09, 2012, 03:17:16 pm »

There is something horribly wrong with my math professor's mind. He assigned 14 points to two problems, focused on the neutralization of logs and natural logs, and made them impossibly hard. Most problems had three or four points assigned to them. I did almost all of the rest of the test in the first 25 minutes. The next 25 were spent furiously expanding upon every possible way to switch the values around, taking up all my writing space. Nothing. Not one god damn solution in any of it. I still don't even know how you could theoretically finish them without completely neutralizing the variable to solve for.

I hope I did as well as I thought I did on the rest of the test, because if I didn't I am Fucked with a capital F.

I know how to do these types of problems. I practiced doing them plenty. And yet.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:19:03 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53708 on: October 09, 2012, 03:26:59 pm »

I thought you neutralized logs by using them at a Carpenter's Workshop.

I'm helping!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53709 on: October 09, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

One thing I find funny about those people against having pets because it's 'cruel' etc.

we let our cats out about 3 times a day, where they are free to wander off if they want.
if it's cruel, I think they would've buggered off by now. They can catch enough food to feed themselves (and often do, unfortunately), so it won't be the food keeping them here.

This is cruel as fuck (though not to the cats) and it saddens me when people do this. People who poisons dogs and squirrels sicken me, but I've got no sympathy for cats in this situation. They are one of the few animals who kill simply because they can, and while its not as much of a problem in places like the United States, this "cats can do whatever they want not my problem lol" mindset is a huge part of the reason swathes of new zealand wildlife are being eradicated - and despite the fact that cats are a hundred times worse, it's the owners of other small mammals like ferrets that have their animals killed because "it needs to look like they're doing something, and people will never accept it if we told them they had to keep their cats inside".

That, and I got really sick of trying to make sure the fuckers weren't killing my animals.

Note: Exceptions are made for those who live in the country and use their cats primarily for rodent removal purposes or whatever. That's an environment unlikely to get a high enough density of deadly predators to cause problems. Suburbs, however, are a much different story.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:37:10 pm by GlyphGryph »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53710 on: October 09, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »

Are squirrels even benign? They steal the seeds from our birdfeeder, scare away the birds (I live on an acreage, so these are the kinds of birds that actually fly away from our feeder if our cat comes by, not the stupid crows you get in parks) and have figured out to get into our squirrel-proof containers. I think having your cat kill maybe two squirrels and a pigeon in some suburb isn't an environmental or moral catastrophe (HAW).

Doesn't matter, though, because our cat was found with a broken hip (in the wild, where he evilly killed small rodents and clearly didn't even eat them due to being evil, as evidenced by how skinny he was) and we don't let him outside unsupervised.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53711 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:05 pm »

Squirrels are rats with furry tails.  :P

But yes, no such thing as "outside" cats while I was growing up, between drunk drivers, ordinary drivers, people who didn't secure their dogs, violent tweens, etc. there were more than enough problems.

Our neighbor, however, did. Her cats killed most of our garden by pissing and sleeping in it, she did nothing about them. We found at least half of a baby rabbit or a bird in our yard every couple days. When she left, she also left the cats with nobody to take care of them, after insisting for months that she couldn't possibly mistreat them by forcing them to stay inside. Some people.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53712 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »

My family's cat is an "outside" cat, despite my protests. I have no idea what damage he's done, but he has gotten into fights (including escaping from a raccoon when he was still pretty much a kitten).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53713 on: October 09, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

We did have an wild cat poop in our garden, though. I guess only let your cat out if the garden:forest ratio is high.

My relatives got a cat that they let roam their suburbs, and we had this conversation:
"What if the cat poops in someone's garden?"
"Oh, it's okay, it's just fertilizer!"
""

Later, someone poisoned that cat (actually it was a kitten). Lovely times all around. I wasn't sympathetic, though, because think of all the squirrels that bastard killed! Completely unjustified!
My wooden badge was delicious.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53714 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:39 pm »

Its not just about fun for a cat. They are hardwired to be perfect killing machines. Most cats just can't help it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 ... 8167