Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471751 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53625 on: October 08, 2012, 02:17:28 pm »

I am so not cut out for kids.
Call all of your kids Revenge.

Regret nothing.

Also call one of your kids Regret.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53626 on: October 08, 2012, 02:18:50 pm »

Name one Regret, one Mistake, one Disappointment... :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #53627 on: October 08, 2012, 02:27:08 pm »

When I grow up, I'm going to get two Yorkshire Terriers (smallest dog ever?) and call them Death and Blood.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53628 on: October 08, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

Wha' about Phobos and Deimos?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53629 on: October 08, 2012, 02:32:03 pm »

Those are his future corgies.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53630 on: October 08, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »

So cold. Don't know why I'm so cold. It's not cold. It's 67! That's nice weather! Instead I'm in long pants and a coat and shivering my ass off.

Brrrrr. Stupid worthless holiday means I can't work today either, I hate holidays.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53631 on: October 08, 2012, 02:47:20 pm »

Parents. Thank you god for my parents. I'm saved.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53632 on: October 08, 2012, 02:49:30 pm »

The worst part of rescuing my family after my little sister got sick and laid off is living with my family again. There is a reason I never got home sick.

My mother still freaks out whenever she sees something she thinks is "satanic", recent cases in point, sister was watching "Lost Girl" on SYFY, and I bought a game called "Diablo 3". She is as judgmental as ever when it comes to people(me). She has now started to buy into the "Ancient Aliens" conspiracy theories, so it kinda sucks she couldn't reserve some of that judgment for a little bit of skepticism.

My little sister has says she has migraines every day. She says this after anyone brings up the idea that she might need to do any kind of work around the house, but if you just leave her alone it doesn't seem to bother her that often. She is incredibly rude and bossy, and reacts to everything as if it were a ridiculous imposition or beneath her.

My step dad? Well, he may be dopey, but he is a nice guy. We have little in common and almost nothing to talk to each other about, but at least he doesn't grate on every fiber of my being like my mother and sister. However, he is a 1 chore a day kind of person. For some reason both mow the lawn and run a dishwasher in the same day. I know I am not much better right now when it comes to getting stuff done about the house, but at least I have the excuse of sifting my brain through the programming grinder all day at work.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53633 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:25 pm »

The worst part of rescuing my family after my little sister got sick and laid off is living with my family again. There is a reason I never got home sick.

My mother still freaks out whenever she sees something she thinks is "satanic", recent cases in point, sister was watching "Lost Girl" on SYFY, and I bought a game called "Diablo 3". She is as judgmental as ever when it comes to people(me). She has now started to buy into the "Ancient Aliens" conspiracy theories, so it kinda sucks she couldn't reserve some of that judgment for a little bit of skepticism.

My little sister has says she has migraines every day. She says this after anyone brings up the idea that she might need to do any kind of work around the house, but if you just leave her alone it doesn't seem to bother her that often. She is incredibly rude and bossy, and reacts to everything as if it were a ridiculous imposition or beneath her.

My step dad? Well, he may be dopey, but he is a nice guy. We have little in common and almost nothing to talk to each other about, but at least he doesn't grate on every fiber of my being like my mother and sister. However, he is a 1 chore a day kind of person. For some reason both mow the lawn and run a dishwasher in the same day. I know I am not much better right now when it comes to getting stuff done about the house, but at least I have the excuse of sifting my brain through the programming grinder all day at work.
Waitaminute. Aren't you the one paying the bills? Why not pull the "my house, my rules" card?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #53634 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

If a kid complains about being sick (headache, nausea) whenever they are asked to clean; it might be a dust allergy.

I need to pop a zyrtec before any household cleaning projects myself; and run a HEPA filter on full blast to suck up the airborne dust.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53635 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:48 pm »

Waitaminute. Aren't you the one paying the bills? Why not pull the "my house, my rules" card?

Yes, I am paying almost all the bills. The only thing they have to buy for themselves is food and medical care, and often as not I help out with that too a little bit. Being judgmental and freaking out is part of my moms religion. My sister is "sick". And my step dad? His 1 chore a day is more than either my mother or sister manage to do.

If a kid complains about being sick (headache, nausea) whenever they are asked to clean; it might be a dust allergy.

I need to pop a zyrtec before any household cleaning projects myself; and run a HEPA filter on full blast to suck up the airborne dust.

She is 30. And it isn't that she gets a headache after starting to clean, it is that she already has a migraine any time you ask her to do anything from cooking a meal, to filling a dishwasher, to going to the grocery store.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53636 on: October 08, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »

As a migraine sufferer myself, they are pretty insufferable. Then again, the easiest way to tell that I have a migraine is if I'm locked in my bedroom with all the light and sound blocked out puking into a bucket, whilst trying to swallow an entire bottle of excedrin. Then again again, there are meds for migraines now.

Edit: Now that I think about it, my Prozac helped a little while I was on that, and my ex-wife was on a beta blocker to prevent migraines.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:10:14 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53637 on: October 08, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »

I've got a bit of sympathy for mr. one-chore-a-day. I have trouble doing more than 2 (I try, I really do, but my memory is literally 3 points long, and most chores require at least 2 points of it), and if I'd lived with the people you've described as long as he had?

I'd be lucky to pull of one.

Good luck, though.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53638 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »

If you need to puke, don't torture yourself for a half hour. Just let it out.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #53639 on: October 08, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »

I woke up nauseous on Sunday and felt terrible for like half an hour and then passed out again. I kind wish I had thrown up right away.
Pages: 1 ... 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 ... 8167