Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3565 3566 [3567] 3568 3569 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469564 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53490 on: October 06, 2012, 12:43:22 am »

Re Handshakes: B-but the most common alternative to handshakes is... Hugs! D: I'm fine with internet hugs and cuddles, but if you wrap your arms around me in real life I will freeze in abject terror as my brain tries to work out the appropriate response. And inevitably fails to do so before the hug ends, anyway.

This is easy. Just wrap your arms around them back. Then let go when they let go. Hugs are easy unless they're sneak attack hugs, then they're really easy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53491 on: October 06, 2012, 12:45:36 am »

I'll stick with handshakes, even if I'm not great at those, either.
I always try for a firm, strong grip, but then I worry about accidentally hurting someone. (Unlikely I know, with my punyness, but still.) And then there are people who have a handshake like a dead fish, and then things just get awkward.

Re Handshakes: B-but the most common alternative to handshakes is... Hugs! D: I'm fine with internet hugs and cuddles, but if you wrap your arms around me in real life I will freeze in abject terror as my brain tries to work out the appropriate response. And inevitably fails to do so before the hug ends, anyway.

This is easy. Just wrap your arms around them back. Then let go when they let go. Hugs are easy unless they're sneak attack hugs, then they're really easy.

But then, where am I supposed to look? Over their shoulder somewhere? Am I supposed to remain completely still, or do some kindof back-patting thing? How am I supposed to know when they're gonna let go? Am I supposed to hug differently for different situations?! Aaaagh so many unknowns please noo aaaaagh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53492 on: October 06, 2012, 12:48:11 am »

Now I suddenly want to carry around an actual dead fish, and present it to people when they go in for a handshake.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53493 on: October 06, 2012, 12:48:46 am »

But then, where am I supposed to look? Over their shoulder somewhere? Am I supposed to remain completely still, or do some kindof back-patting thing? How am I supposed to know when they're gonna let go? Am I supposed to hug differently for different situations?! Aaaagh so many unknowns please noo aaaaagh.

Over their shoulder. Your chin should either be above their right shoulder, or on it, if your short. I usually remain still, backpatting is awkward. And just wait until they start to let go, you'll know. As for different situations, YES. Do not full body hug a female friend. You either turn your hips a bit to either side, or keep your hips back a bit, to keep from making that awkward pelvic contact. Also, do not full body hug a male friend, unless you're into that kind of thing and they are too. Generally, do one of those 'butt out' hugs, unless it's someone you do the naughty with.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53494 on: October 06, 2012, 12:54:07 am »

Christ. This hugging stuff is worse than fuckin' algebra. :-X
'If Z is Y, turn hips X degrees to avoid awkwardness!'
Booze is Life for Yoink

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53495 on: October 06, 2012, 12:56:01 am »

Christ. This hugging stuff is worse than fuckin' algebra. :-X
'If Z is Y, turn hips X degrees to avoid awkwardness!'

Lol. Now that you say that, it seems you are correct. It's all pretty instinctual though, and if you think you're coming off as awkward, you probably are. If you just have a little confidence with your style, then you come off as hugging. Don't be so worried about the details. Except that pelvic contact thing. Seriously, that shit is on the test.
He's fucking with us.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53496 on: October 06, 2012, 12:59:18 am »

Over their shoulder. Your chin should either be above their right shoulder, or on it, if your short. I usually remain still, backpatting is awkward. And just wait until they start to let go, you'll know. As for different situations, YES. Do not full body hug a female friend. You either turn your hips a bit to either side, or keep your hips back a bit, to keep from making that awkward pelvic contact. Also, do not full body hug a male friend, unless you're into that kind of thing and they are too. Generally, do one of those 'butt out' hugs, unless it's someone you do the naughty with.
I full body hug all my friends, no one seems to mind, and I have a lot of shy friends.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53497 on: October 06, 2012, 01:01:04 am »

Lol, for me, it would be terribly awkward to full body hug any of my friends. Because I'm straight, and they're all either lesbian or male hetero. Awkwardness would happen. :P
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53498 on: October 06, 2012, 01:02:28 am »

What, no love for my invisible text? Ah, well, it's probably for the best.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53499 on: October 06, 2012, 01:03:54 am »

I'm also super affectionate, so I guess people make an exception for me. Also I tend to obnoxiously fake hit on my male friends, specifically because they know I dont mean it xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53500 on: October 06, 2012, 01:05:25 am »

I'm also super affectionate, so I guess people make an exception for me. Also I tend to obnoxiously fake hit on my male friends, specifically because they know I dont mean it xD
I always ramp it back up at you, because a) I'm a salesman and better at innuendo than most people, and b) most people don't know how to handle it. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53501 on: October 06, 2012, 01:05:54 am »

Hah, that's weird, it wasn't transparent for me... I saw it as soon as you edited it in and didn't comment on it. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53502 on: October 06, 2012, 01:08:02 am »

Hah, that's weird, it wasn't transparent for me... I saw it as soon as you edited it in and didn't comment on it. :P

I didn't see it. Curse my default forum layout on a computer!
He's fucking with us.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53503 on: October 06, 2012, 01:09:05 am »

I'd probaby go along with it right up until getting naked xD No wait, I might even go that far xD

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53504 on: October 06, 2012, 01:09:11 am »

That's odd. I specifically set it as transparent. o.O

I'd probaby go along with it right up until getting naked xD No wait, I might even go that far xD
Are you legal? If not, we could make for some very, very awkward conversations.

Pages: 1 ... 3565 3566 [3567] 3568 3569 ... 8167