Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3562 3563 [3564] 3565 3566 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466613 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53445 on: October 05, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »

Back up to "owe him a life debt".  A story is within this story.
It's all here
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53446 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:59 pm »

Handshakes suck for me because I've got a broken right pinky finger, and everyone seems to ignore you when they grab your hand and crush it. So I end up with grinding bone ends, shouting, "Hey, fucking stop that!"
The judge was most displeased until I explained he was maiming me.

I have a crushing grip but I can identify a person who doesn't like a handshake/has an injury to their hand/doesn't like touching others. My dad, my uncle, and my grandfather are the only ones I use True Crush Power. Then they make my metacarpals grind together, as all three of them are with regard to grip strength many times stronger than I. "We may be old, but we've still got it!"

See, it's all good when they know who likes the whole "I'm an industrial press!" impersonations, but many people don't and insist on shaking hands like your hand owed them money even when you try to decline.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53447 on: October 05, 2012, 03:09:04 pm »

Are you afraid of something? :|
Let's see... Rejection, being ostracized, making a complete and utter fool of myself. Among other things.

First is a bit silly to be afraid of, second isn't going to happen, and the last is something everyone does every day, and something you're already doing right now, so might as well do it productively, right?

I can kind of understand the land one though, there's a cute girl that works at the grocery I know, and I wanted to ask her number but I'm afraid of making things awkward if she declines, since that's where I get my lunch sometimes. "That seems painfully naive Josh" my mind reminds me, and it's right, but I'm not sure what the alternative is.

I kind of wish I had a friend or something to give me confidence and egg me on, rather than just having to do things by myself all the time. -story of my life.

and why are people so antagonistic to handshakes? I mean, I never get sick so germs straight up don't bother me, and I don't think anyone has the flesh eating virus on their hands, so when I shake someone's hand, I want a firm and sure handshake that symbolizes the mutual respect between myself and the other person.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53448 on: October 05, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »

I... think I failed to greet someone from the department. Not 100% sure.

Even if I did, she'd be from the *other* half of the department, with whom my people are at war for their attempted revolution (long story). So no big deal. Still, I hate blunders of this sort.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #53449 on: October 05, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »

Are you afraid of something? :|
Let's see... Rejection, being ostracized, making a complete and utter fool of myself. Among other things.

First is a bit silly to be afraid of, second isn't going to happen, and the last is something everyone does every day, and something you're already doing right now, so might as well do it productively, right?

I can kind of understand the land one though, there's a cute girl that works at the grocery I know, and I wanted to ask her number but I'm afraid of making things awkward if she declines, since that's where I get my lunch sometimes. "That seems painfully naive Josh" my mind reminds me, and it's right, but I'm not sure what the alternative is.

I kind of wish I had a friend or something to give me confidence and egg me on, rather than just having to do things by myself all the time. -story of my life.

and why are people so antagonistic to handshakes? I mean, I never get sick so germs straight up don't bother me, and I don't think anyone has the flesh eating virus on their hands, so when I shake someone's hand, I want a firm and sure handshake that symbolizes the mutual respect between myself and the other person.

If she isn't interested, the awkwardness will last for a couple minutes at most, and she won't remember it ever happened after a few days unless she already knows you by name.

Really, the only time you should worry about stuff like that is when you work closely with someone on a regular basis.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53450 on: October 05, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

Welp im fully diagnosed for Aspergers. Its a meh to me but kinda wished someone figured that out during high school when i was struggling.
I almost laugh when the psychologist made a weird face as he expected me to be sad from the news. Fuck im just happy explains crapton of my life and how much i had to do to change it.

Yes this is now a excuse for all of my inane posts :P

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53451 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »

Pssssh. We're all crazy here.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53452 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:56 pm »

Ummm....congratulations?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53453 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Except me.  I'm the sane one.  100% sane and rational.  Always.

My sad thing: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mother-tamon-robinson-charged-dent-made-nypd-car-struck-son-article-1.1175484
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53454 on: October 05, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Sanity is overrated.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53455 on: October 05, 2012, 03:25:31 pm »

Welp im fully diagnosed for Aspergers. Its a meh to me but kinda wished someone figured that out during high school when i was struggling.
I almost laugh when the psychologist made a weird face as he expected me to be sad from the news. Fuck im just happy explains crapton of my life and how much i had to do to change it.

Welcome to the club, there are unfortunately no hats.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53456 on: October 05, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »

It takes me a stiff drink to get sober. I am currently trying, and failing, to get drunk on Pan-Galatic Gargle Blasters.

Damnit.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53457 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »

Keep telling that to the midget green man in your closet.

Welcome to the club, there are unfortunately no hats.
dangit i was looking forward to getting my hat.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53458 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:46 pm »

I suspect sanity is directed to how good you are at ignoring the random crap your brain says to you.

Listen to everything your brain says:  0% sanity.
Ignore everything your brain says:  100% sanity.

Grumble grumble stupid brain grumble.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53459 on: October 05, 2012, 03:32:58 pm »

Keep telling that to the midget green man in your closet.

There's no point.  He's deaf and I don't know sign language.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 3562 3563 [3564] 3565 3566 ... 8167