Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3557 3558 [3559] 3560 3561 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465467 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53370 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »

Have you verified that she's actually interested in this and not just smiling because she, as all people in the service industry do, has to?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53371 on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:30 pm »

Yeah, Yumi has guys hitting on her all the time since starting her new job, despite making her feel sick to her stomach she still has to smile and pretend to be flattered.
*Hugs*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53372 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »

Hey, I got the cheesy stuff down pat. My favorite line is, "Have I told you that you're beautiful yet today?" If yes, then line is over. If no, then, "Well, that's because you're not beautiful. You're gorgeous."

Have you verified that she's actually interested in this and not just smiling because she, as all people in the service industry do, has to?

Yes, because she's my friend. She comes up and hugs me when I see her outside her job, and she bought me lunch the other day. I don't just randomly hit on people, m'kay?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53373 on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:21 pm »

Yup, service industry are hoomans too, even though we often view them as servobots.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53374 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »

Boo, girls like the cheesy stuff.
Some of us guys like it too :P

For reason number two, it's been a great many pages ago, but earlier in this thread I made a post on 'being addicted to feeling bad' or something along those lines. That I just feel better when I'm sitting on my hands and wallowing in my own pity, rather than doing the obviously obvious action of doing something to get out of my rut. I thought about this some more, and I think it might just be because my mind wants to confirm something to itself. It's true that I want to improve my life some how, and that I'm always keeping myself down somehow with my negative thinking, but there's a problem in that I'm not keeping the negative thinking to myself, I'm always sharing it with you guys. Why feel compelled to share these feelings, when I obviously just spout the defeatist crap like that above? That's where I think my mind just wants to confirm to itself that those feelings are valid, that I don't value my own opinion or trust my own judgment to confirm this thinking, so it needs confirmation that this thinking is valid from others. Why does it need confirmation? Because it wants to believe it made the right decision, that in believing that the world is terrible, that my situation was unwinnable, that I'm simply so deeply flawed that it can't be changed or challenged, it's negative affirmations are declared valid and it can finally rest easier. My mind rests knowing that there really wasn't anything I could do to change my life, so the massive burden of regret that I haul around everyday can finally be dissolved, and I just don't even need to worry anymore. I can live without having to worry about dying with all this regret, and that's a prize my subconscious just can't ignore, so it seeks the path of self-destruction.
You're not going to get any confirmation along those lines here. You tell us you're horrible and worthless, and we'll respond honestly by saying you're not.

My perspective on that line of thinking: I do the opposite. I insult myself publicly in the hopes of being wrong, so someone will correct me and validate me. I did that a lot when I first opened up here but have really been trying to crack down on that.

You insist that you're worthless, and that you want to be proven "right" that you are. Let me tell you that's the biggest thing you're wrong about, and if you want to be affirmed as making a correct deduction, you'll need to figure out that you have value.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53375 on: October 04, 2012, 02:29:03 pm »

Well when I was younger, the older girls at the school I went to thought I was cute and all that.
But my aspergers made me not understand what was going on at the time.
Looking back I kinda regret I didn't take advantage of my "cute little boy" look.  :P
Then again, if I did that I could have gotten them into trouble.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:31:00 pm by Ultimuh »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53376 on: October 04, 2012, 02:30:41 pm »

For reason number two, it's been a great many pages ago, but earlier in this thread I made a post on 'being addicted to feeling bad' or something along those lines. That I just feel better when I'm sitting on my hands and wallowing in my own pity, rather than doing the obviously obvious action of doing something to get out of my rut. I thought about this some more, and I think it might just be because my mind wants to confirm something to itself. It's true that I want to improve my life some how, and that I'm always keeping myself down somehow with my negative thinking, but there's a problem in that I'm not keeping the negative thinking to myself, I'm always sharing it with you guys. Why feel compelled to share these feelings, when I obviously just spout the defeatist crap like that above? That's where I think my mind just wants to confirm to itself that those feelings are valid, that I don't value my own opinion or trust my own judgment to confirm this thinking, so it needs confirmation that this thinking is valid from others. Why does it need confirmation? Because it wants to believe it made the right decision, that in believing that the world is terrible, that my situation was unwinnable, that I'm simply so deeply flawed that it can't be changed or challenged, it's negative affirmations are declared valid and it can finally rest easier. My mind rests knowing that there really wasn't anything I could do to change my life, so the massive burden of regret that I haul around everyday can finally be dissolved, and I just don't even need to worry anymore. I can live without having to worry about dying with all this regret, and that's a prize my subconscious just can't ignore, so it seeks the path of self-destruction.
You're not going to get any confirmation along those lines here. You tell us you're horrible and worthless, and we'll respond honestly by saying you're not.

My perspective on that line of thinking: I do the opposite. I insult myself publicly in the hopes of being wrong, so someone will correct me and validate me. I did that a lot when I first opened up here but have really been trying to crack down on that.

You insist that you're worthless, and that you want to be proven "right" that you are. Let me tell you that's the biggest thing you're wrong about, and if you want to be affirmed as making a correct deduction, you'll need to figure out that you have value.

My post is more about attempting a dissection of my subconscious motivation than anything else. That said, your post about my post is kind of redundant. I mean, of course it's an obvious conscious imperative to assume that you have personal value, but in a contradicting sense, my subconscious has the desire to not have personal value so it can be freed from responsibility. That was what I was stabbing at, cause I feel better knowing 'why' and 'how' rather than just patting myself on the back and telling myself that it'll all get better, accepting nonchalant affirmations that I have value, and telling myself I'm just being a silly gilly depressed goose.

Though of course I'm appreciative of the support you provide here Kai. Like everything else in my life, it's a long difficult road ahead of me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53377 on: October 04, 2012, 02:37:08 pm »

Though of course I'm appreciative of the support you provide here Kai.
Sure thing. No need to thank me though, especially if you think I'm wrong or misinterpreting something. Keep calling me out if you feel like it, as you owe me nothing.
Like everything else in my life, it's a long difficult road ahead of me.
Life would be boring if it was easy :3
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53378 on: October 04, 2012, 03:51:31 pm »

Dammit all this relationship stuff reminds me of how lonely I am.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53379 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:05 pm »

Reminds me of how lazy I am.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53380 on: October 04, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »

So go make out with someone :P

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53381 on: October 04, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »

But I'm ssssssssshhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53382 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:14 pm »

Well at least most of us here are lonely.. together!

And yet so far apart..

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53383 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:06 pm »

Video games give me all the companionship I need.

Ah FTL, you will never betray me.  Engi Ship Layout B and I will be together forever won't we.

*boom*

Nooo!  Why does FTL always betray me!  I'll never trust another game again!   :'(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53384 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

You were expecting FTL to never betray you? FTL is the "spoiled rotten girl who constantly cheats on the protagonist" of the video game world. If you aren't dead in the first sector, that's only because the RNG has granted you temporary respite :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3557 3558 [3559] 3560 3561 ... 8167