Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3547 3548 [3549] 3550 3551 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458689 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53220 on: October 02, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »

If your parents are stealing your financial aid they are committing a rather serious crime.

While you probably aren't in a situation where you can retaliate through the courts, collect evidence of this for when you are later on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53221 on: October 02, 2012, 08:16:15 pm »

though I love my glasses, I'm considering getting contacts for non Glasses-Friendly activities.

I have hereby decided that contact lenses are creations of the Devil. My eyes are still killing me, and the process of trying to stick little bits of plastic in them, and subsequently remove them, has left them feeling sore and scarred, and most of my face inflamed. I don't understand how people can do this to themselves.

Oh glasses, would that I had never turned my back on you. Pity it's too late to change my mind.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:18:03 pm by Solifuge »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53222 on: October 02, 2012, 08:38:26 pm »

Sorry about that, dude. You just confirmed every fear I had which made me pick glasses  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53223 on: October 02, 2012, 08:40:47 pm »

It gets better after a while, basically. The first few (dozen) times are pretty annoying, but at some point you somehow transition into doing it naturally without much effort.

I'm not actually at that point, but habitual contact wearers I know (such as mi madre) are.

Also, long-wear ones make the whole process less annoying. They've got ones you just leave in for a month or so nowadays... maybe longer in some cases, I'unno. You get those, only have to go through the process every few weeks. Much less trouble.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53224 on: October 02, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »

It gets better after a while, basically. The first few (dozen) times are pretty annoying, but at some point you somehow transition into doing it naturally without much effort.

I'm not actually at that point, but habitual contact wearers I know (such as mi madre) are.

Also, long-wear ones make the whole process less annoying. They've got ones you just leave in for a month or so nowadays... maybe longer in some cases, I'unno. You get those, only have to go through the process every few weeks. Much less trouble.

This. Contacts get easier after time, but they're super frustrating at first.

Also: Nothing made me sad today, I just kinda drifted there. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53225 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »

Also: Nothing made me sad today, I just kinda drifted there. :/
Mm. Know how that feels :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53226 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

Yeah. The whole courts thing is, per usual, wearing me down more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53227 on: October 02, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »

Sad for no reason in particular? Eeeeeyup.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53228 on: October 02, 2012, 09:55:31 pm »

Wheee...
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53229 on: October 02, 2012, 10:02:48 pm »

Ho hum~

Maybe us sad folk should like, do something together. Bet I could kick all your asses in Scrabble, assuming someone can find a free online browser based one~ (well FD might destroy me. I *am* the family champion though)
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53230 on: October 02, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »

Diarrhea: Worth a shitpile of points in Scrabble.
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53231 on: October 02, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »

Oh dear. No innuendo anymore, so now we're using potty humor :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53232 on: October 02, 2012, 10:04:53 pm »

Ho hum~

Maybe us sad folk should like, do something together. Bet I could kick all your asses in Scrabble, assuming someone can find a free online browser based one~ (well FD might destroy me. I *am* the family champion though)
Words with friends?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53233 on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:02 pm »

Sorry. It was the first thought I had. No more reflex posting. :/
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53234 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:38 pm »

No need to apologize. It did legitimately make me smile :)

Words with friends?
I've heard of that, but I could've sworn it was like, an iphone app or something. Guess not.
Pages: 1 ... 3547 3548 [3549] 3550 3551 ... 8167