Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461686 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53145 on: October 01, 2012, 07:01:55 pm »

My mom doesn't have a great relationship with anyone. She doesn't have friends really, because she can honestly be mean.... She also might really have some  mental illness(es). She complains about being alone and how none of her kids will talk to her etc. So tonight I specifically went out of my way to try and get some time to watch some TV with her or otherwise spend some time with her. I'm here in front of the TV, and I made it a point to try to spend time with her, and she's purposefully not in the room....

To review, the woman who complains about being alone and having none of her kids talk to her just refused the company of one of her kids....

I'm pretty sure I just got snubbed by my own mom.... Yeah... really. That's just super....

Apparently I've been told this belongs here in this thread. I don't disagree I suppose.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53146 on: October 01, 2012, 07:05:02 pm »

Wow. My grandma was like that, I know how much it hurts   :(  Props to you for putting up with it, I sure as hell couldn't.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53147 on: October 01, 2012, 07:10:49 pm »

* kaijyuu huggles

I can't imagine how much it sucks to be snubbed by a family member :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53148 on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:53 pm »

Sorry if I'm jumping to a conclusion, but maybe try bringing up how you were hoping to spend time with her, before heading off to resent her for it on the interweb?

Still, that sucks something unpleasant. Sorry about that.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53149 on: October 02, 2012, 12:22:19 am »

Snubs well used to it. They will show up again when they want something from you. usually in my case my car or money, always with the money

brother who tried to killl me spent 2 weeks away in huff, then came back when needed babysitter and everyone else said go away already.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53150 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:07 am »

It makes me sad that Vladimir Putin hasn't got a Bond Villain Theme Song
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53151 on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:57 am »

It makes me sad that Vladimir Putin hasn't got a Bond Villain Theme Song

I always imagined it would be something similar to this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:27:28 am by Ultimuh »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53152 on: October 02, 2012, 03:08:35 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53153 on: October 02, 2012, 08:13:04 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53154 on: October 02, 2012, 08:14:05 am »

They screwed up my paycheck last week.  Now Im feeling the pain, in my stomache and wallet.

College+poor job+high metabolism= no fun

edit: And on that [ninjaed] piece above, I could find an article lauding it for the about the same reasons.  That article is incredibly one sided.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53155 on: October 02, 2012, 08:17:45 am »

I honestly would put the republic act page if it weren't so laggy and if it wouldn't take ages to load.

FAKEDIT: http://www.gov.ph/2012/09/12/republic-act-no-10175/ here it is.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53156 on: October 02, 2012, 08:30:01 am »

Did one of the politicians who passed that monstrosity actually say it was an honest mistake?  You can't just go "whoops!" and pass sweeping legislation that shatters free speech as we know it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53157 on: October 02, 2012, 08:37:21 am »

Funeral's tomorrow. Lot of shit has come to light in the last couple of days that was a shock to a lot of people. It really, really, REALLY sucks to be going into a funeral with simultaneous grief, shock, anger and resentment at a dead person.

Especially when I publicly display about as much negative emotion as an Easter Island moai. It always feels awkward to be the only person in the room with dry eyes.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53158 on: October 02, 2012, 08:41:06 am »

Wait, resentment? D: I'm afraid to ask. (don't say anything if it's uncomfortable)

I don't know what to say. I have no idea what you and your family are going through. :( So, random internet hugs:

* kaijyuu hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53159 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:59 am »

Agh, i got two bad results today, 5/10 and 5/10 again. My parents are going to KILL me over this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3542 3543 [3544] 3545 3546 ... 8167