Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3541 3542 [3543] 3544 3545 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463446 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53130 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »

I seem to actually get weaker whenever I do pushups.  I can do about 20 on the first day, 15 on the second day, 10 on the third day.  I generally give up any routine by the 4th day.  :)
THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT.
 :'(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:28:21 pm by Dutchling »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53131 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:41 pm »

Start with 5 before bed/shower a day.  After 2 weeks, move to 7.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53132 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:16 pm »

The key to exercising effectively is to ignore the incredible pain and boredom associated with it.

Alternately, start playing sports or something not quite as repetitive. It still hurts, but at least it's not as boring.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53133 on: October 01, 2012, 03:36:31 pm »

On other more personal point, cristianism destroyed most of my country's culture, and vatican has enough money to end with poverty TWICE!

Actually, it doesn't. The "vast wealth" of the Vatican is primarily in the form of architecture, art, and antiquities. In other words, things that cannot be easily (or at all) converted to cash. The vast bulk of what is taken in as offerings and other income already goes out in the form of massive charity efforts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53134 on: October 01, 2012, 03:43:30 pm »

I seem to actually get weaker whenever I do pushups.  I can do about 20 on the first day, 15 on the second day, 10 on the third day.  I generally give up any routine by the 4th day.  :)
THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT.
 :'(

Yeah, you've got to build up your routine gradually, and rest adequately between exercise sessions... it's especially important when you're pushing yourself, or transitioning from a sedentary lifestyle. You can't expect sweeping changes in fitness right away, and moreover your muscles need time to recover and heal when you push their limits.

But yeah, sports, running, swimming, or other physical activity is a nice, fun substitute for doing specific workouts, and tend to help your whole body out instead of specific muscle groups.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:45:20 pm by Solifuge »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #53135 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:53 pm »

The key to exercising effectively is to ignore the incredible pain and boredom associated with it.

Alternately, start playing sports or something not quite as repetitive. It still hurts, but at least it's not as boring.

How are push ups boring? It takes like, 10 minutes a day. 20 minutes if you include me bragging about my hot bod'.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53136 on: October 01, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »

I always dread doing pushups... I can do maybe 3 before I collapse.  Hurts my wrists, ankles, and toes every time too.  Maybe I should use free weights instead.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53137 on: October 01, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

Problem with pushups is that they are boring as hell. I can do maybe 20 in one go (unpleasant) or 30 over 3 sets, but it's just like... ugh.

You don't get the satisfaction of squats or pullups, that's for sure.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53138 on: October 01, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

So, I've just come to the realization that my school seems to be slowly dying.
I say this because about 2/3 of the staff were laid off over the summer, a good amount of special events are getting cancelled & there's some kind of school merger going on.
Which is a shame because this is actually a pretty nice school, good teachers, decent enough students, you know that kind of stuff.
Hm, at least I won't be around too much longer. Still it just depresses me to think that a place that I've had so many great times at is in such a shitty position.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53139 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:39 pm »

Okay, so. A week or two ago, we thought something had got behind one of the outside freezers and died.* It had happened a couple times before, no big, let nature take its course. Well.

Today. Today, grandmother checked the freezer itself, again. Had done so before, thought it was working fine, etc., etc., etc.

No mos. Turns out it had died. It had died quite a while ago. Open box, receive a good hundred pounds of rotten food. Which is currently sitting on the front porch until the person who'd know (and have the means of transportation necessary to move the stuff) what to do with it returns.

The stench. Sweet monkey god, the fucking stench. It is omnipresent. It suffuses the house, the yard... I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors are getting a whiff of this by now. It is everywhere. It is terrible. It is the odour of rotten flesh and vegetables. Fucking. Everywhere. Smell. Bad. Bad. Small. There was rot ooze. In the bottom of the freezer. Along with the water from the melting stuff.

If this is what natto smells like, gods shat how the hell does anyone manage to consume it?

In other and related news, I noticed the warning on the peppermint oil to dilute before application to flesh a little too late. Space between nose and upper lip burns a little now. It is a cold burn, and it blocks out the rotstench. Somewhat. To a degree. Buggery hell. Day just turned somewhat terrible, because yeargh.

*The observant already know where this is going.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #53140 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »

Why did you take the stuff out of the freezer? I've opened a fridge full of rotten crap before, and the best thing to do is leave it be until five minutes before you're capable of disposing of it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53141 on: October 01, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

Blazes if I know. It was one of the cases where I'd said, "Hey, I'll help get stuff out when we've got somewhere for it to go" the response was "okay" and when I went out to check and see if the thing was left open 'cause the smell seemed to be intensifying, 90% of the stuff was bagged up and sitting on the floor of the porch. If I had to wager a guess, it's probably because th'grandfather did something or another to annoying the grandmother (again) and having that unholy hellstench waiting for when he got back from gossiping eating was a means of counter-annoyance or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #53142 on: October 01, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

Either that or they wanted to get it into the air before it built up enough putrid gas to explode the freezer.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53143 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »

Or spawn life which would then creep around inside your walls, giving you all strange burns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #53144 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

On other more personal point, cristianism destroyed most of my country's culture, and vatican has enough money to end with poverty TWICE!
The vast bulk of what is taken in as offerings and other income already goes out in the form of massive charity efforts.

Really? Do you have a source on that?

(Spoiler: you don't because there isn't. The Catholic Church avoids doing public audits like the plague, and thats not even going into the crazy property schemes some of it's branches *coughODcough* go through in order to keep their assets secret. What we do know is that the Church's actual contribution in Catholic charities like Caritas is relatively small.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 3541 3542 [3543] 3544 3545 ... 8167