Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463634 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53115 on: October 01, 2012, 08:33:20 am »

Things that made you sad today thread.
alcohol and reading what i have on varying places on the net.

goes looking for some head meds of my own.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53116 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50:03 am »

My brother took Concerta in high school.  It worked, really well, he went up multiple letter grades because he could actually focus, but he got all zombie-like.  It was like that episode of King of the Hill where Bobby's just staring at the fly, hearing its wings creak.  He'd just stare at you.
Shoes...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53117 on: October 01, 2012, 09:53:16 am »

The problem with ADD (at least in my case) is I can't focus. I can sit at my computer and dedicate myself to working... but that doesn't mean I'll actually accomplish anything. It got to the point where it was physically painful to sit and do my homework.

Yea, I have ADD (or diagnosed as such, but a "mild" case) I *can* focus on stuff but unless I am willingly doing so my attention drifts.  Am on medication for it but I do not think it is helping much.  I also have trouble completing projects I set for myself...

EDIT: forgot a )

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53118 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:36 am »

This vyvanse stuff seeeems to work well.

I think the reaction my first day was just a placebo effect, I thought I would feel crappy on it so I did.

Otherwise, I've been good on it. :3

Still haven't gotten the hang of... you know, doing homework. ._.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53119 on: October 01, 2012, 10:33:27 am »

Well it hits me like a truck :P might be due to my extremely low body weight. Dunno how that works.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53120 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:18 am »

Could just be sensitivity in general, dunno. I know that weight-appropriate dosages of a lot of things have caused me to borderline overdose in the past (some painkillers for post-surgery recovery nearly killed me, despite being the standard dosage, ferex.), so it's not just body weight.

If you keep on it, it'll acclimate, though. S'one of the annoying things about a lot of the psychoactive stuff, they have a habit of taking a few days/weeks to really 'set in' and start working appropriately. During which things can be pretty terrible or just not doing much.

And then sometimes it just doesn't work. It's a nasty pseudo-secret that a lot of times prescriptions for that sort of stuff is as much guesswork as anything else. All they really can do a lot of times (For now, anyway. The field advances, of course.) is just more-or-less randomly try something until it sticks for the individual.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:47:14 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #53121 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:04 am »

This happened a while ago, but holy shit--super, super depressing. I lived there for a time, and it hurts me to think that this happened in a place that I really ended up loving. So awful. Sorry for venting. And to be honest, it might be best to not read the article. Kinda ruined my day.

Mother of Rape Victim Sentenced to Reeducation Through Forced Labor

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53122 on: October 01, 2012, 10:50:39 am »

Could just be sensitivity in general, dunno. I know that weight-appropriate dosages of a lot of things have caused me to borderline overdose in the past (some painkillers for post-surgery recovery nearly killed me, despite being the standard dosage, ferex.), so it's not just body weight.

If you keep on it, it'll acclimate, though. S'one of the annoying things about a lot of the psychoactive stuff, they have a habit of taking a few days/weeks to really 'set in' and start working appropriately. During which things can be pretty terrible or just not doing much.

And then sometimes it just doesn't work. It's a nasty pseudo-secret that a lot of times prescriptions for that sort of stuff is as much guesswork as anything else. All they really can do a lot of times (For now, anyway. The field advances, of course.) is just more-or-less randomly try something until it sticks for the individual.
Yeah I started going to a psychiatrist specifically for the medication (still a regular therapist for everything else). He's the one that switched me to this new stuff. I'll be talking to him again in a couple weeks.

If the negative effects of this don't lessen in that time, I'm definitely going to ask for something else.

This happened a while ago, but holy shit--super, super depressing. I lived there for a time, and it hurts me to think that this happened in a place that I really ended up loving. So awful. Sorry for venting. And to be honest, it might be best to not read the article. Kinda ruined my day.

Mother of Rape Victim Sentenced to Reeducation Through Forced Labor
*speechless*
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53123 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:29 am »

On the plus side, it seems even the government controlled newspaper is rallying against that, so at the very least it seems less likely to happen again.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53124 on: October 01, 2012, 02:39:07 pm »

On the plus side, it seems even the government controlled newspaper is rallying against that, so at the very least it seems less likely to happen again.
Unless they all get sent to reeducation camps, too, in which case, we wouldn't hear about it anyways.

/paranoia fuel

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #53125 on: October 01, 2012, 03:11:14 pm »

Push ups make my body saaaaaaad.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53126 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:22 pm »

Push ups make my body rrriiiiiipppppeeedd.

I try to do some pushups every day, having a better figure is worth the pain.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #53127 on: October 01, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

How do you guys *do* a push up? I never seem to get any better at them. :(

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #53128 on: October 01, 2012, 03:17:56 pm »

I started today with a schedule. Mo+We+Fr I follow this, the other days will I do as many as I can.

I just hope this doesn't make even thinner than I already am :S. I could gain 15kg and still be underweight.

@korbac, if you are underweight, like me, it's not very hard to get ~10 or so done. At least, that's my theory for me doing more than one without collapsing :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53129 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

I seem to actually get weaker whenever I do pushups.  I can do about 20 on the first day, 15 on the second day, 10 on the third day.  I generally give up any routine by the 4th day.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 3540 3541 [3542] 3543 3544 ... 8167