Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463682 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53100 on: September 30, 2012, 10:11:46 pm »

Another victory for Team God?  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

werozzi

• Bay Watcher
  • L'uomo Macchina
    • View Profile
« Reply #53101 on: September 30, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »

All I can think about when I see pectus exvavatum is "that would make an awesome candy bowl [during cuddles]" [especially if the guy is cute]

... Just sayin'.
It actually does make a nice headrest, if there's a bit of padding. Otherwise, y'know....ribs.
Yeah, ribs.
My lady always tells me that i should eat soup there, and me brother, whenever i sit shirtless, fills the hole with spare change.
Other than that, it is pretty much painful, also my joints are somehow affected by it, so they HURT, bad time.

The group chanted “God is Great” while setting fire to the centuries-old temples.

"I have seen 11 wooden temples, two of them 300 years old, torched by the mob. They looted precious items and Buddha statues from the temples. Shops owned by Buddhists were also looted," local journalist Sunil Barua said.

God is great. But as it seems, loot is even greater.

I want to live in a country where all religions are banned.
Me too :P
Im an antitheist myself, and i've found it quite peaceful, mankind is just too old for religions now.
Also i foind outrageous the number of murders commited in the name of god/Gods/[insert deity here]. On other more personal point, cristianism destroyed most of my country's culture, and vatican has enough money to end with poverty TWICE! That makes Werozzi sad! :'(.

There is nothing greater than a man, except for himself, as there is nothing greater than a dog, except for itself.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #53102 on: October 01, 2012, 01:53:48 am »

That's nothing. I live in a muslim country myself. People get burned alive because they believe in different islamic schools here.
"Ours is a religion of peace, and if you disagree, we'll fucking kill you"
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53103 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:35 am »

I thought last night was my last nightshift. Apparently temporary full time employee means I'm still a casual however and I got called in for another shift tonight
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53104 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:19 am »

What makes me sad is how fast that process repeats itself.

One buddhist allegedly posted a blasphemous picture. ---> Let's burn all the local tempels and buddhist shops, houses

Some riots with a religious excuse ---> Let's ban all religions.

Really, these things have barely anything to do with religion or spirituality. They're just abused as an excuse for violence. These riots do not see their roots in religion, but in nationalism, fundamentalism and stuff like that. For the earlier things, Imperialism is often to blame.

You can say the same thing about Freedom of Speach. Easily abused, and equally the cause of recent riots. Constantly used to justify discrimination and whatnot.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:30:47 am by 10ebbor10 »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53105 on: October 01, 2012, 03:30:37 am »

People will always find their reasons to be intolerant. What they are intolerant of and what they're using as an excuse almost don't seem to matter
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53106 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:27 am »

Second day on new ADD medication. I skipped the last two days due to weekend + bad experience the first day.

Ugh. Please don't keep me up for 24 hours again.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53107 on: October 01, 2012, 06:52:16 am »

Ritalin?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53108 on: October 01, 2012, 07:30:21 am »

They still give that out?  That stuff had me tweaked out...  Glad I flat out refused to take those damn things when I was 9-ish.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53109 on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:50 am »

Nope. I was on ritalin before. This is the next step up.

Imagine the strongest caffeine high you've ever been on. Now times that by 10. And give yourself a mild case of OCD; I can't post a reply without reading it 10 times over.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53110 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:06 am »

Damn, that seems a bit extreme. O.o I thought the point of add medication was to bring it to a managable level, not outright destroy it?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53111 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:01 am »

The problem with ADD (at least in my case) is I can't focus. I can sit at my computer and dedicate myself to working... but that doesn't mean I'll actually accomplish anything. It got to the point where it was physically painful to sit and do my homework. I remember an english paper that I spent nearly 2 weeks on and got maybe a paragraph written down, because deliberately forcing myself to press keys on the keyboard was excruciating. That's when I first went to a doctor and got medication for it. Pounded out that paper in less than a day, afterwards.

The medication fixes the inability to focus. Ho boy, does it fix it. Anything I legitimately want to do, I'll be able to do. At the cost of not being able to relax. I'm calm, I'm focused, but I sure as hell am not relaxed.

Oh, and PS: Just a random word of advice... one thing you never say to someone with ADD is "just do it." They're trying to "just do it." Their inability to is the problem. It's like asking a paraplegic to walk. I've had many a chat with my father about this but he still doesn't quite get it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:49:11 am by kaijyuu »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53112 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:41 am »

Heh, yep. Going into high strung mode is pretty much the only way I can get things done. I know how that feels O.o

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53113 on: October 01, 2012, 07:56:23 am »

Nope. I was on ritalin before. This is the next step up.

Imagine the strongest caffeine high you've ever been on. Now times that by 10. And give yourself a mild case of OCD; I can't post a reply without reading it 10 times over.

Congratulations, this is how I feel everyday normally without medication.  I have the opposite problem...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53114 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:27 am »

Oh man, I totally know that inability to focus. Actually got prescribed ADD meds once, but, well... it didn't end well. First, I didn't react at all, no noticeable change anywhere, and then they upped the dose and oh god, I felt like I was going to die, to the point where I was suffering legitimate physical pain.

And I still couldn't focus on anything goddamn it. So... yeah, no ADD meds for me. Maybe I'll give them another try when my antidepressants run out, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 ... 8167