Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3538 3539 [3540] 3541 3542 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465496 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53085 on: September 30, 2012, 10:45:21 am »

Another morning waking up lonely. Oh well, this is certainly better than the self loathing days. This particular sad actually motivates me to do things.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53086 on: September 30, 2012, 10:54:52 am »

All I can think about when I see pectus exvavatum is "that would make an awesome candy bowl [during cuddles]" [especially if the guy is cute]

... Just sayin'.
It actually does make a nice headrest, if there's a bit of padding. Otherwise, y'know....ribs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53087 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:50 am »

Ugh maybe I should  talk to my parents about changing my ADD medication. I feel fine with it when it's a schoolday, but when I occasionally take on weekends when I have a lot of homework I feel really uncomfortable.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53088 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:58 pm »

Aren't you supposed to not take it on weekends, to prevent buildup? At least, that's what they told me when my 2nd grade teacher put me on Ritalin.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53089 on: September 30, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »

Another morning waking up lonely. Oh well, this is certainly better than the self loathing days. This particular sad actually motivates me to do things.

I understand how you feel. :/ Then all the rest of the weight of my days comes back and things get unpleasant.

Aren't you supposed to not take it on weekends, to prevent buildup? At least, that's what they told me when my 2nd grade teacher put me on Ritalin.
I'm glad our teachers over here don't recommend drugs at the rate it seems they do in other countries >.>

You mean in America? :P And the authorities wonder why the drug problem is so bad. If the War of Drugs is going this well, we might oughta have a War on Phonics next... We'd be the most literate, well-read nation in hours if it goes like the War on Drugs has.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53090 on: September 30, 2012, 01:43:56 pm »

I'm glad our teachers over here don't recommend drugs at the rate it seems they do in other countries >.>

Wasn't a simple reccomendation. It was either go get a script, or fail second grade because I wouldn't be allowed back. The shrink simply prescribed a miniscule dose. That was in the 90s, when ADD (which I didn't even have, I simply entered Kindergarden at a 4th-grade reading level, and was thus far ahead of the learning curve througuht primary school) was blamed for all behavioral problems.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53093 on: September 30, 2012, 07:22:44 pm »

The group chanted “God is Great” while setting fire to the centuries-old temples.

"I have seen 11 wooden temples, two of them 300 years old, torched by the mob. They looted precious items and Buddha statues from the temples. Shops owned by Buddhists were also looted," local journalist Sunil Barua said.

God is great. But as it seems, loot is even greater.

I want to live in a country where all religions are banned.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53094 on: September 30, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »

The group chanted “God is Great” while setting fire to the centuries-old temples.

"I have seen 11 wooden temples, two of them 300 years old, torched by the mob. They looted precious items and Buddha statues from the temples. Shops owned by Buddhists were also looted," local journalist Sunil Barua said.

I just wish there weren't any radicals that make all the others look bad.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53095 on: September 30, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »

Soviet Russia?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53096 on: September 30, 2012, 07:28:43 pm »

They all look bad.

The difference between radicals and normal religious people is that one makes you go "Oh god the humanity!" and the other makes you go "Heh, that's silly. You're silly."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53097 on: September 30, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »

That's nothing. I live in a muslim country myself. People get burned alive because they believe in different islamic schools here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53098 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:43 pm »

I just wish there weren't any radicals that make all the others look bad.
25,000 radicals... It's even worse because it's suspected a lot of this might have been pre-meditated. Of all people, why would they target the Buddhists? THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A PISS POOR EXCUSE ANYMORE. At least with all the other murders and riots they could feign blasphemy excuses but this... Nothing but - Words cannot describe how distraught I feel.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53099 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »

This is making me angry. Why Buddhists? With the exception of perhaps the Bon-po they're all pretty cool and calm and accepting of others.

And to do that because one guy SUPPOSEDLY posted an offensive image about Allah... that's just not on. That's disgusting.
Pages: 1 ... 3538 3539 [3540] 3541 3542 ... 8167