Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465955 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #53025 on: September 29, 2012, 01:08:21 pm »

I just got email that the body of a white male was found on my campus, id pending. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope my roommate is alright. He's a terrible person, but no one should have to die that early in life.
O_O
Where is this school? I need to add it my list of places never to visit...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53026 on: September 29, 2012, 01:13:18 pm »

Timing out of our mumble server. Not sure if it's down or what. I should probably check the thread...
I'm at work. Frick.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53027 on: September 29, 2012, 01:13:40 pm »

I just got email that the body of a white male was found on my campus, id pending. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope my roommate is alright. He's a terrible person, but no one should have to die that early in life.
O_O
Where is this school? I need to add it my list of places never to visit...
Most schools have periodic deaths, from drinking too much if nothing else.

A dude(ette?) got mugged the other day here. Last spring someone fell/jumped down the center of a stairwell and died. A bit more than a decade ago some guy set a fire in a dorm that ended up killing another student.

Things like that happen wherever people are.

Timing out of our mumble server. Not sure if it's down or what. I should probably check the thread...
I'm at work. Frick.
There's no rush.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53028 on: September 29, 2012, 01:15:37 pm »

He's probably fine. There are lots of white males at the college, and the body hasn't even been declared a student or not yet. Still worried it could be someone I know, roommate or otherwise.

Well, hopefully it's no-one you know.  :-\ I can imagine how shocking that'd be, though. *Has never been in college, which is apparently a warzone*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53029 on: September 29, 2012, 01:18:12 pm »

A dude(ette?) got mugged the other day here. Last spring someone fell/jumped down the center of a stairwell and died. A bit more than a decade ago some guy set a fire in a dorm that ended up killing another student.

Yeah, this is the second death this year, actually. The last one was a car crash, a freshmen, not a week after school started. I can only imagine what that did to her parents.
Well, hopefully it's no-one you know.  :-\ I can imagine how shocking that'd be, though. *Has never been in college, which is apparently a warzone*
It isn't a warzone, people are just reckless. The email didn't clarify on the cause of death, but I can't imagine they'd publicly announce a murder so quickly, so it was probably an accident. If I had to speculate a cause I'd suspect alcohol poisoning or a consequence of it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53030 on: September 29, 2012, 01:37:03 pm »

I'm in some pretty intense pain today.

Me too. I'm assuming your's is back pain?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53031 on: September 29, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »

Yeah, this is the second death this year, actually. The last one was a car crash, a freshmen, not a week after school started. I can only imagine what that did to her parents.
It isn't a warzone, people are just reckless. The email didn't clarify on the cause of death, but I can't imagine they'd publicly announce a murder so quickly, so it was probably an accident. If I had to speculate a cause I'd suspect alcohol poisoning or a consequence of it.
That'd be what my money would be on, that or an OD of some other sort. I don't even bother mentioning the alcohol deaths, drug deaths, and auto deaths; there are too many of them to remember. Then you have Vtech, which apparently now has a tradition of at least one gun-fueled rampage every year or two.  ::)

3. Run Resize Enable

werozzi

• Bay Watcher
  • L'uomo Macchina
    • View Profile
« Reply #53032 on: September 29, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »

Two dead in a year?
Damn México is really fucked up man, my whole city has been witness of 340 or more deaths, all in just nine months, this is a small city btw...
Today i discovered that being an actor with pectus excavatum is just terrible, i just couldn't keep up to the rest of the group during physical condition, couldn't breathe. the pain in my bones is also really awful.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53033 on: September 29, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »

My cousins canceled on my family and me. >_<

Dammit, I was looking forward to meeting up with them after something like three years without seeing them. If only to traumatize/troll them by admitting that I'm a furry and coming out to them.

I mean, they're fundamentalists, but they're generally nice people.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53034 on: September 29, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »

My dog died today...
She was my best freind...
I miss her...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53035 on: September 29, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

My dog died today...
I miss her...
Sympathizzle.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53036 on: September 29, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »

My dog died today...
I miss her...
Sympathizzle.
Oooh, that sucks. My deepest condolences for you, sir. How old was she?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53037 on: September 29, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

Aww man. This reminded me of my old dog. He is alive but I still miss him waking me up in the morning by licking the crap out of my face. I feel sorry for you. She must have been like family. I know that feeling.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53038 on: September 29, 2012, 07:19:05 pm »

Doggy sads? Now I'm being reminded of my first again. You have all my sympathy. :'(

Now I feel sort of petty about my "Either not going to eat at all this weekend or will be eating dry ramen out of the packet because the dining hall assumed everyone would be tailgating and I don't have the cash for real food." :|

3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53039 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:31 pm »

You know, alot of the insecurity with being my lone loser self is just that I feel fundamentally different, fundamentally inferior, from the average person because of it. It's true that I want companionship, but oftentimes it feels like it's just another ruse to try to convince myself that I'm 'normal' and to shamelessly attempt to blend into the society that I feel has abandoned me. "I just want to be normal, I just want to stop being the odd duck out for once" this is the elephant in the room in my mind, and seeking companionship is just another shameless means to an end in that way, and I don't respect myself, I don't respect my goals or intentions because of it. It's just too selfish.

I just wanted to say that.
Pages: 1 ... 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 ... 8167