Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 [3534] 3535 3536 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467187 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52995 on: September 29, 2012, 12:38:49 am »

I have that feeling too :/
Everyone I know on these boards is better at programming than me. >.> They talk about optimizations I have no inkling of ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52996 on: September 29, 2012, 12:39:37 am »

It's rigged to fuck with otherwise peaceful users. Cynicism ahoy!

Avast. I think what's up is that this program is used to dealing with methheads and I'm not a methhead. I don't have boundless, nervous energy all the damn time, and I don't need to be directly doing something all the fucking time. I truly enjoy being able to sit and relax, and not getting to sit and relax makes me *SURVEY SAYS!* want to get fucked up.
Then I tell my counselor that AA and NA meetings make me want to get high and she's like, "You're full of shit."
And I'm like, "Okay bitch. When I'm in jail because I got high because you're making me go to meetings, then we'll talk I guess."
Sitting around other drug addicts talking about what makes them want to get high does in fact make me want to get high. If you want me to be sober, I should be around normal people who aren't constantly talking about being sober/high.

Ten thirty?! D: Dude, unfair! That's like, when I start thinking about getting up.

I get off work at nine or ten, so basically if I want to hang out with a friend, it either has to be before noon (hint: that's when my friends wake up. At noon.) Or only for an hour, then I have to bolt home. Then the drug court is bitching at me to hang out with people more, and I'm like, "Right. So. I have no time for anything, but now you're telling me that if I don't make friends you approve of, you'll send me to jail. If I make friends you don't approve of, I go to jail. If I don't complete my obligations, but make friends you approve of, I go to jail. If I go to jail I get fired, and if I get fired, I go to jail.
WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK?"

What the fuck? Like, seriously?

And how do you go about getting "approved friends" anyway.

Basically, they can't be people who use (everyone I know uses something, mostly booze or prescriptions) they have to have beaten Nethack, and then only while the planets are aligned, and they have to be a merperson.

Man that sucks, I really hate when people's problems are being caused or exacerbated by the flaws in the system and in society. That's like my rage button, right there, though I don't rage often, mostly just sigh in resignation.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52997 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:41 am »

Everyone I know on these boards is better at programming than me. >.> They talk about optimizations I have no inkling of ...

Hey, look on the bright side; now you know there's somebody who knows much less than you!  :-\

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52998 on: September 29, 2012, 12:42:55 am »

Are you sure about that? :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52999 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:25 am »

If I had money to bet, I'd be willing to bet money on it.  :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53000 on: September 29, 2012, 12:47:46 am »

-sympathy snip-

Firstly, that sucks. :/ High school is a tough time. I can't really recommend much, as I've never had that drive to do something particular, so I don't really know what you're going through. I hope it gets better though, and you get better too. Just gotta keep trying as hard as you can.

Secondly, they're not all bad. My counselor cut down my classes and meetings drastically last meeting I had with her, because I mentioned how much stress and discomfort it's been putting me under. But still, my points stand, for the most part. They're not all bad, but that doesn't mean they're good either.
I believe it was Thomas Jefferson that said, "Government, even in its best form, is a necessary evil. In it's worst form, it is an intolerable evil."

Basically, they can't be people who use (everyone I know uses something, mostly booze or prescriptions) they have to have beaten Nethack, and then only while the planets are aligned, and they have to be a merperson.

Man that sucks, I really hate when people's problems are being caused or exacerbated by the flaws in the system and in society. That's like my rage button, right there, though I don't rage often, mostly just sigh in resignation.

Hehe. I like your edits. And yeah. The hypocriticality, the unrealistic demands, the enforced sleep/recreation deprivation, and then taking away my only source of stress relief has not been pleasant to deal with.
I've also got ahem. Shy bladder syndrome. I can't pee around people. And so the urine analysis that I have to do daily aren't a minor inconvience like they are to most other people. They're like a damn monumental obstacle that I have to fight past within an hour of waking up. I just don't have the energy for this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53001 on: September 29, 2012, 01:03:50 am »

This is not true. I, for one, am a terrible programmer, and I'm sure you're better than me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53002 on: September 29, 2012, 01:25:33 am »

I come here to whine about insomnia and see many people have much bigger problems than I.

* kaijyuu huggles all around

PS Hans, if you're ever desperate to get laid talk to someone, you know who to message  8)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53003 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

I come here to whine about insomnia and see many people have much bigger problems than I.

PS Hans, if you're ever desperate to get laid talk to someone, you know who to message  8)

* Corai likes the huggles.

Huggles are magical. Now let us complain about insomnia.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #53004 on: September 29, 2012, 02:27:55 am »

Meh. Go outside, stare at the moon for awhile, relax. I guarantee it will help.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53005 on: September 29, 2012, 02:39:04 am »

... providing you're not somewhere like florida. Outside here generally just means "hominid bug buffet". Mumblemumble mosquitoes muttermutter fleas grumblegrumble ticks gnashing-of-teeth etc.

Then there's the humidity. And the heat. Bright side it's looking like it's vaguely starting to cool down for the year, which is... something. Relatively cool down, anyway. A little.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53006 on: September 29, 2012, 03:26:51 am »

Meh. Go outside, stare at the moon for awhile, relax. I guarantee it will help.
Have I mentioned my technique of listening to Enya through Youtube yet?  I might have already xD

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53007 on: September 29, 2012, 05:08:11 am »

This is not true. I, for one, am a terrible programmer, and I'm sure you're better than me.
And all i know is basic lua that i have half-forgotten already.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53008 on: September 29, 2012, 07:47:43 am »

Just woke up to a phone call that my closest friend's wife died last night. She was only 29, and they'd only been married a couple of years. Still in shock.    :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53009 on: September 29, 2012, 07:49:40 am »

That's awful D= *sympathetic stranger hugs*
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 [3534] 3535 3536 ... 8167