Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3526 3527 [3528] 3529 3530 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465441 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52905 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:53 am »

I cook some, so I'da thrown in a comment on cooking dinner for her sometime.

o.o The fiurst time I cooked vodka sauce for a date I didn't boil the alcohol out all the way.  We ate it, and were both pleasantly suprised that we were buzzed AND full...  That was a good night, all sid and done.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52906 on: September 27, 2012, 11:52:18 am »

Mmm... cheesewhiz... so good as a topping for sugar cookies... so good...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52907 on: September 27, 2012, 11:55:21 am »

I'm willing to accept that if He exists, He is a total douchebag.

This. I get pretty hung up on the whole 'Problem of Evil' deal, and 'But faith!' doesn't do it for me. :/ Anyway, that's my opinion, and it's just that, an opinion.

On to less controversial sads. I got checked out at Best Buy by a hot cashier (hehe, see what I did there?) and as I left, I thought of an EPIC line to say, but it was too late.
She said, "Thanks for being patient with me."
And I should have said, "I'm always patient for women as beautiful as you."
Damn my slightly slow brain.
Had one similar to these too.
A teacher compared being polite to the sauce on fries, and i just realized that i could have responded to that with "but isnt sauce unhealthy?".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52908 on: September 27, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

My pickup lines tend to involve muttering incoherently followed by running away in embarrassment.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52909 on: September 27, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »

You don't need one-liners.

A girl interested party will gravitate towards you and listen to the dumbest sh-tuff you have to say, and usually just giggle, nod in approval (although one look in their eyes tells you they have no clue).  A smile and a willingness to do most of the advancing is all it takes.

God, a girl who takes charge is sexy....  Like marines or cougars.  They know what they want, and now so do I! 8)
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52910 on: September 27, 2012, 12:52:49 pm »

My pickup lines tend to involve muttering incoherently followed by running away in embarrassment.

This was me, at first. Nowadays I've found myself getting much better at it. It helps that I'm good at reading and presenting body language. I've always known when girls liked me, I just wasn't able to express my interest for them verbally. Now though, when I start to hit on them, its more fun than nerve wracking. I just have to work on my timing and any remaining insecurity I have, and then I'll almost be healthy enough to start dating again. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52911 on: September 27, 2012, 12:56:36 pm »

God, a girl who takes charge is sexy....  Like marines or cougars.  They know what they want, and now so do I! 8)
Indeed. I joke a lot here, but in reality I'm quite passive and shy. So I much prefer getting hit on than approaching others myself :)

I really should learn to be a bit more outgoing though.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52912 on: September 27, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »

My pick up lines are fine, but ugh. Then I end up talking to people, and I've realized that the more words that comes out of most people's mouths, the less I am interested in them. And the things I start saying at that point are mostly to entertain myself, not the other party, and things end up going badly quickly.

So what I really need is a line to make me interested in them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52913 on: September 27, 2012, 01:06:11 pm »

Filter out every third word.  I used to hit the clubs hard, and the best thing to do is casually scan for certain key words of 'interest'.  You know, daddy, money, bitch, work, formal nouns, booze, sex, lonely, hotel, etc.  Helps that I have a superior attention to my surroundings and have always kinda ignored people, but I'll sit there offering basic insight while fantasicizing about getting home to play w.e. game (halo) I am (halo) into at that time (halo).  Halo.

Its like scimming an article.  At any point you may stop and pay attention, or feign confusion so they repeat themselves, or just get up and walk away.  Of course, the quality of these clubgoers is suspect.  A smart person can usually both require more time and figure out what Im doing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:09:18 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52914 on: September 27, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

I got checked out at Best Buy by a hot cashier (hehe, see what I did there?) and as I left, I thought of an EPIC line to say, but it was too late.
She said, "Thanks for being patient with me."
And I should have said, "I'm always patient for women as beautiful as you."
Damn my slightly slow brain.

Trouble there is it implies you're not always patient for people, unless they're beautiful women.

You could always go with my tried
and true method of chatting to check for hints of compatability, and if so telling them you think they'd be fun to hang out with. Works with my kind of girls, at least.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52915 on: September 27, 2012, 04:29:41 pm »

I'm always way too nervous around strangers, they seem to pick up on it and it puts them off...

I've got a friend meanwhile who managed to make friends with a random stranger because she was wearing an otaku shirt.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52916 on: September 27, 2012, 04:30:31 pm »

My dad can chat anyone's ear off. Anyone's.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52917 on: September 27, 2012, 05:15:04 pm »

Double post, woo~

Well, I guess I'm finally off my enormously long emotional high. Today's been rather depressive, as was yesterday. Today's flavor of self loathing: second guessing myself incessantly. About everything. Terrified I'll screw up and people will hate me forever. That little incident in the WTF thread yesterday? Yeah, my anxiety there wasn't entirely an act. I know it's all irrational but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way.

And a more meta sad: I still wonder if I have any right to feel sad in the first place. I've got first world problems and was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Second guessing myself on a meta level, I guess. Wondering if it's all a pathetic vie for attention. Bleh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52918 on: September 27, 2012, 06:19:50 pm »

You always have a right to feel sad, dude. That's like the one thing every human being has no matter what.

Also, pickup lines? ??? Here's my best one(that I am still yet to use, naturally):
"Are you from Czechslovakia? 'Cause I've been checking you out all night!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52919 on: September 27, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »

You always have a right to feel sad, dude. That's like the one thing every human being has no matter what.

Also, pickup lines? ??? Here's my best one(that I am still yet to use, naturally):
"Are you from Czechslovakia? 'Cause I've been checking you out all night!"
CzechOSlovakia, and it don't exist no more. It's the Czech Republic now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3526 3527 [3528] 3529 3530 ... 8167