Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461627 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52725 on: September 23, 2012, 02:14:13 am »

Ah, being hit with another bored and lonely spell. Mostly lonely. Maybe I can find a distracting game to play.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52726 on: September 23, 2012, 02:20:08 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52727 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:48 am »

Dude. It's called the train. Learn about it before you go there. Plus buses. Public transport rules in London.

Dude, it's called being American. We didn't have the confidence in our ability to navigate the train system necessary to do so, also we would have had to walk from the train station, at night, in the rain, carrying luggage, in a city of 2 million (I think) people, after 48 hours of sleep deprivation, to the hotel that we didn't know where it was located exactly.
So we took a cab.
If you weren't so fatigued I'd say you could've just asked one of the gold ol' tube folk for directions :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52728 on: September 23, 2012, 05:40:30 am »

My iPhone 4 got iced. Well, it was going to die eventually, but the pictures it had... D:

At least I got it replaced with a Samsung Galaxy S3. But it sucks to lose something you're not prepared to lose. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52729 on: September 23, 2012, 05:59:05 am »

Particularily a testicle, I guess.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52730 on: September 23, 2012, 06:17:09 am »

Dude. It's called the train. Learn about it before you go there. Plus buses. Public transport rules in London.

Dude, it's called being American. We didn't have the confidence in our ability to navigate the train system necessary to do so, also we would have had to walk from the train station, at night, in the rain, carrying luggage, in a city of 2 million (I think) people, after 48 hours of sleep deprivation, to the hotel that we didn't know where it was located exactly.
So we took a cab.
If you weren't so fatigued I'd say you could've just asked one of the gold ol' tube folk for directions :P

20 million, isn't it? If it were 2 million, it'd be smaller than the city I live in (Melbourne), which has just on 3.5 million. It's a really nice place. You should visit.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52731 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:54 am »

Ah, being hit with another bored and lonely spell. Mostly lonely. Maybe I can find a distracting game to play.

We can be lonely together. :P

And on the topic of lonely: [whineyvoice]Why am I so damn shy? [/whineyvoice]

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52732 on: September 23, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »

Shyness is fear of something. Figure out what and you've got your answer.

And I'm up for being lonely together :D
* kaijyuu huggles
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #52733 on: September 23, 2012, 12:58:52 pm »

Argh, I hate group projects. I'm always the guy who doesn't do anything :S.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52734 on: September 23, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

I'm always the guy that is annoyed because nobody is doing anything.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #52735 on: September 23, 2012, 01:02:48 pm »

I'm always the guy who goes off and does all the work himself, then hands it in as personal work and thereby evades groupwork entirely.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52736 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »

I'm either the guy who does everything or the one who stands around confused the entire time.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #52737 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:17 pm »

I'm always the guy that is annoyed because nobody is doing anything.
Well, everybody does the same amount of work, but the rest is always annoyed that I do my share on the last day.
Like right now...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52738 on: September 23, 2012, 01:51:58 pm »

What are you supposed to do when your friend wants to get engaged and you know they're happy now but you're confident this isn't the best relationship for them permanently?

Be honest. If he/she is your bro/sis, they deserve nothing less than the truth. Sometimes, telling your friend that they're being a total douchenozzle or that they're in a bad relationship is the best thing to do, and that's why bromance is the best thing ever.

Where romance is fleeting, bromance is forever.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52739 on: September 23, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

I'm glad I can have both at the same time~
Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 8167