Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3505 3506 [3507] 3508 3509 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466059 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52590 on: September 20, 2012, 09:43:39 pm »

Wow, uh..maybe it's good that I'm a big eater, even by American standards? Before this conversation, I never would've looked at it that way. The whole thing of overfilling yourself at a restaurant with one order is seriously alien to me.

Depends on the restaurant and size of orders for me, but it is definitely not uncommon. The bar down the street serves a three meat italian sandwich with fries that is just perfect for me, but the nachos even further up the street are about three times too much.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52591 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:02 pm »

Wow, uh..maybe it's good that I'm a big eater, even by American standards? Before this conversation, I never would've looked at it that way. The whole thing of overfilling yourself at a restaurant with one order is seriously alien to me.

Depends on the restaurant and size of orders for me, but it is definitely not uncommon. The bar down the street serves a three meat italian sandwich with fries that is just perfect for me, but the nachos even further up the street are about three times too much.
Same here. I can go to an old-fashioned diner and get, say, a sandwich, which would be plenty. On the other hand, there's a Mexican food place in town that has portions big enough for at up to 3 meals :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52592 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

I don't do restaurant nachos, because there is always too much crap in them (olives? onions? green peppers? No thanks,) but I can eat (one and a half 16" subs OR 40 wings OR a 6pc bucket of chicken) AND about 4 32oz drinks without stopping, in about 20-30 minutes.  I am not particularly proud of this. :-[

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52593 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »

Hm. It was funny, when I got to jail, I couldn't eat an entire portion of the biscuits and gravy they serve in the mornings. It's good stuff, actually, just as a side note. But when I left, it wasn't enough. And when I got to rehab, and they let us have seconds there, it was WAAAY too much. I overindulged greatly the first week.

Because I was remembering how much a normal human eats. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52594 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »

I don't do restaurant nachos, because there is always too much crap in them (olives? onions? green peppers? No thanks,) but I can eat (one and a half 16" subs OR 40 wings OR a 6pc bucket of chicken) AND about 4 32oz drinks without stopping, in about 20-30 minutes.  I am not particularly proud of this. :-[
i am :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52595 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:26 pm »

There was a time (when I was even shorter than you are, now, MZ) when I could just about match that :-\

Eventually something about m'biology just said, "Nah." And that was that.

S'even getting so I can't drink as much, which is sad, too. Normally down four or five glasses of drink by the time I'm full on food, but it's getting where that's making me a lil'queasy. Which is sad, 'cause it's about the only way even remotely cut into profit margins (though you're not, much. Most drinks cost cents to pay for that $1+ glass, from what I understand. Markup is hilariously large.). S'getting to the point a lot of places are serving bottled water as default, which is... kinda' annoying. I can buy two or three gallons of water for what they charge for those damned useless things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52596 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »

I should probably start counting my calorie intake, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was half or less of what I should be eating.

If you've been following the photo thread, you've seen Sexy Shirtless Kai. I could stand to gain ~20 pounds, and if this binging/purging thing is indicative of something and not just coincidence, then good. I'll finally figure out what's making me borderline anorexic.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52597 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »

There was a time (when I was even shorter than you are, now, MZ) when I could just about match that :-\

Eventually something about m'biology just said, "Nah." And that was that.

S'even getting so I can't drink as much, which is sad, too. Normally down four or five glasses of drink by the time I'm full on food, but it's getting where that's making me a lil'queasy. Which is sad, 'cause it's about the only way even remotely cut into profit margins (though you're not, much. Most drinks cost cents to pay for that $1+ glass, from what I understand. Markup is hilariously large.). S'getting to the point a lot of places are serving bottled water as default, which is... kinda' annoying. I can buy two or three gallons of water for what they charge for those damned useless things.
What kind of drinks are we talking here? I can probably give you pretty good specifics, if you can adjust for regional pricing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52598 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:18 pm »

Up till 3 + up at 7 = bad times.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52599 on: September 20, 2012, 11:56:59 pm »

Up till 3 + up at 7 = bad times.
When this happens to me, I usually just say "f**k it" and stay up all night. You're probably not gonna get any REM sleep anyway, so just make it up the next night.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52600 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:58 pm »

It was getting to the point where Dew stopped supporting me.

On the other hand, Torchlight 2 was great.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52601 on: September 21, 2012, 12:02:05 am »

You need to upgrade to some speed, bro.

Maybe you should get a bit of sleep. And, protip: Caffiene doesn't give you energy, it allows you to process what energy you already have even faster. It's like gasoline on a fire. Burns nice and hot... For about ten minutes.
He's fucking with us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52602 on: September 21, 2012, 12:07:05 am »

People who suffer from sleep deprivation (less than 6 hours at a stretch) don't develop as well (physically and mentally) as other people do.
Most of your growth hormones are released into your body at the 6 hour mark, and you need at least two more hours to fully recover, especially if you've been working out, or you've recently eaten. People who get 'good' sleep are, on average, taller, more muscular, and have extremely well developed..uh….sexual organs..

Speaking of which, I have wrestling practice in 3 hours, we're doing upper body training, I still need to pack to go to San Diego so I can watch my brother play football this weekend, and it is now two o'clock in the morning. That makes me sad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:17:15 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52603 on: September 21, 2012, 12:08:14 am »

People who suffer from sleep deprivation (less than 6 hours at a stretch) don't develop as well (physically and mentally) as other people do.
Fak.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52604 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:59 am »

I thought the 'normal' human sleep scheduale was actually divide into two 3-5 hour stretches, with a little teeny bit of awake in the middle. The eight hour sleep scheduale is a modern invention.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3505 3506 [3507] 3508 3509 ... 8167