Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3494 3495 [3496] 3497 3498 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470895 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52425 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:59 am »

I feel like a hollow existence in a meaningless world... I don't even feel much emotion anymore.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52426 on: September 19, 2012, 05:04:47 am »

That feeling is awful, my bad days are usually despair, I think I would rather that though than the day's I have felt blank and emotionless... maybe (sorry if my comment was the exact opposite of helpful D=)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52427 on: September 19, 2012, 05:49:39 am »

You all just need a workout.  Workouts always make me feel better.  After a 5K and an hour doing various (mostly weightless) activities I am struck with a wave of euphoria that tops almost any feeling I've ever had.  Even sex.  But not a new awesome game.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52428 on: September 19, 2012, 06:13:38 am »

I would like to point out that sex in itself is a workout =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52429 on: September 19, 2012, 06:35:23 am »

Only works if you've already got the physical base to be able to work out to that extent, from what I've seen. There's nothing euphoric about an asthma attack tacked on to a heat stroke :-\

Florida, yaay~ Not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52430 on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:42 am »

Or throwing up 20 minutes in because you don't know how to pace yourself and pushed yourself too hard (I would like to point out that scenario is for working out, and not for sex O.o)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52431 on: September 19, 2012, 06:56:11 am »

There's nothing euphoric about an asthma attack tacked on to a heat stroke :-\

Florida, yaay~ Not.

Okay, but if you do not start, you can never expect to get better.  For instance I cannot draw to save my (or anyone's) life.  I just cannot.  But, I got myself a few applications and started practice in my scant spare time.  My hope is to graduate from stick figures into semi-stick figures.

Conversely, doing 10 push ups a day and realizing the body and mind is lazy (and wil degenerate at the first signs of disuse) would be the first step to accomplishment.

If anybody is feeling bad(emotionally or spiritually) for an extended period of time than its because there is some form of support, gratification you are lacking in your current life.  IMO, you should be obligated to seek happiness.  Can't force you, but getting a sense of satisction when looking yourself in the eyes in the mirror is worth all the trouble and money in the world. 

Of course if your gorgeous face distracts you than maybe you've got other problems... :)

alsos, throwing up is the body's way of ridding toxins.  Not to sound all gung-ho football coach, but it makes you stronger and better.  Course it leaves a nasty aftertaste...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52432 on: September 19, 2012, 06:58:18 am »

I absolutely despise throwing up D= One of the worst feelings in the world O.o

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52433 on: September 19, 2012, 07:10:48 am »

Naaaah. Just think of all the weight you're shedding! :P Screw exercise!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52434 on: September 19, 2012, 07:15:39 am »

I absolutely despise throwing up D= One of the worst feelings in the world O.o
This so much :<

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52435 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16:46 am »

Naaaah. Just think of all the weight you're shedding! :P Screw exercise!
On this point I would rather be bulemic than anorexic O.o

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52436 on: September 19, 2012, 07:28:17 am »

You're approaching the day all wrong. When nothing's going on, you are lucky enough to have the freedom to do anything, without shirking something important. Each of these moments not spent is a moment of infinite worth lost to you forever... but that time is only as valuable as you are willing to make it.

That's what they mean when they say "Seize the Day."

I didn't say nothing was going on.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52437 on: September 19, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »

You're approaching the day all wrong. When nothing's going on, you are lucky enough to have the freedom to do anything, without shirking something important. Each of these moments not spent is a moment of infinite worth lost to you forever... but that time is only as valuable as you are willing to make it.

That's what they mean when they say "Seize the Day."

I didn't say nothing was going on.

You feel your life is worth nothing. That's stupid, wrong, and baseless. You are the one who decides what to feel, and thus you are the only one with the power to change your feelings. For you to decide to feel that way about yourself is self-sabotage. Venting feelings of frustration and depression and such is fine, but at least vent it with the intention of addressing it, or finding a way out of it... otherwise you're just looking for a back-pat, and someone to tell you everything is going to be okay. I don't like when people use self-loathing as a tool to get attention and love from others.

No amount of back-pats and cooing from others will make it okay. It's not going to be okay until you make it okay. Okay? Keep putting a foot in front of the other, and I wish you the best.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52438 on: September 19, 2012, 03:38:47 pm »

Don't tell people not to be sad in the sad thread, Wiki. This thread is for venting of all kind, not just to get help or advice or whatever you would call constructive. That's what Life Advice is for. I understand you just want to help out - and I'm not saying you should stop offering advice and such - but telling people their sads don't belong here is still bad form.

Furthermore, telling somebody who that what they feel is "stupid" is completely unconstructive, especially when the person might already feel bad about it, then you're just reinforcing the negative feelings. And, you know, sometimes a pat on the back and some supportive words is what people needs.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52439 on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »

I don't get why some people are so infatuated with "self help." Leaning on others is nothing to be ashamed of if. We're all dependent on each other to survive, anyway.

Anyway, the important distinction between depression and just feeling down is that depression isn't an attitude issue. You can't just wake up one day and decide to be happy. Some factor, internal or external, is keeping them unhappy and no amount of bootstrap pulling will change that. There's a problem that needs to be fixed, be it emotional trauma, incredible stress, or whatever, but NOT attitude.

One person I know is very suicidal and has been most his life. He was told by his doctor that his problem was physical; his brain chemistry was messed up and no amount of therapy would fix that. So he's on medication and has it under control.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:49:19 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3494 3495 [3496] 3497 3498 ... 8167