Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3488 3489 [3490] 3491 3492 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472665 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52335 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:49 pm »

I have Internet Explorer, I'm really missing out on all this :-[
My wooden badge was delicious.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52336 on: September 17, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

So, today I went to a restaurant and ate alone, because I'm cool like that. Anyway, the cute bartender comes over and starts talking to me, because I do this every monday and she knows me. :P It turns out her boyfriend is in jail and about to be on drug court with me. Also, he is someone I know, and he is a douche.

In other news, I now have a very small rabbit plushie hanging from my keychain because I can.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52337 on: September 17, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

Oh glorious Machine Overlord, I just got back from an ab-based workout class I was required to go to. And I haven't eaten all day. I am so fucking tired. My muscles are actually failing on me, I don't know if I can stand up but I need to if I'm going to get food.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52338 on: September 17, 2012, 08:20:35 pm »

Feeling sick, stupid, and sad. What a crappy way to start the week.
In other news, I am soul-crushingly lonely today.
I feels ya. :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52339 on: September 17, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »

Gonna have to wait longer to fix my car.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52340 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »

Paranoia is a hell of a drug. Just put a little slip of duct tape over the webcam on this laptop. Feel kind of odd about it, sorta'. Never going to use the thing and having a camera pointed at me (especially one that could be made to turn on by itself, from what I understand) makes me a bit jittery anyway, but actually going out of the way to cover the thing up just feels... weird, I guess. A little. Other than the obvious abnormality of it compared to the general population -- which I really don't give a shit about it, but recognizing it's going on is important -- I'm not sure what about the act is throwing me off.

It's easier (and seemingly more effective, as far as functionality goes) to feed the paranoia the small things, though. Usually.

Ouch. Feelin' for yeh, just found out today mine's not cranking. Looks like it's not the battery this time, though! S'something. Really need to at least crank the thing more often but, damnit, I just don't use the thing regularly :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52341 on: September 17, 2012, 08:29:13 pm »

Hacking webcams like that is very possible, but yeah, unless you have someone with a vendetta against you, no one is going to be spying like that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52342 on: September 17, 2012, 08:35:56 pm »

There's actually a whole subreddit on Reddit where people post connections to hacked webcams.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52343 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:45 pm »

Hacking webcams like that is very possible, but yeah, unless you have someone with a vendetta against you, no one is going to be spying like that.
More of a state of the union thing, kaij, I think. I'd be going serious data hole if I was actually feeding the paranoia more. As is, taping over the webcam is sort of a minor "Up yours NSA" thing that takes like, no effort. Makes me a little more comfortable without going balls-out crazy over things, so I guess it's an alright indulgence.

There's actually a whole subreddit on Reddit where people post connections to hacked webcams.
Though hey, maybe it's a decent enough precaution anyway. Maybe I'll figure out how to disable the mic next :P
Ask not!
Ask!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52344 on: September 17, 2012, 08:37:42 pm »

Why would anyone hack webcams anyway? They voyeurs or something?

Enjoy the view, in my case. :P I don't care.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52345 on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »

Why would anyone hack webcams anyway? They voyeurs or something?
Uh...probably?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52346 on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »

Well I meant the creepy kind rather than... I guess they're all creepy...

Nevermind :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52347 on: September 17, 2012, 08:40:17 pm »

Ouch. Feelin' for yeh, just found out today mine's not cranking. Looks like it's not the battery this time, though! S'something. Really need to at least crank the thing more often but, damnit, I just don't use the thing regularly :-\
I normally wouldn't be worried about it, but I'm pretty sure that my crumpled in doors are affecting my gas mileage. Also, have you checked your solenoid?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52348 on: September 17, 2012, 08:40:17 pm »

That, ID theft, and potential blackmail. Plenty of people leave stuff around their computers that might be usable or do stuff that might get them in enough trouble (not necessarily legally, mind) they'd be willing to do something to keep it under the table. Actual numbers on that sort of stuff are probably pretty small, but better an ounce of prevention, etc.

E: I have no idea what a solenoid is! Ahaha. I haven't even popped the hood. Won't need it for another day or two and it was getting on in the afternoon so I just went "meh". I had/have a new computer to start breaking in~
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:41:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52349 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »

Feeling sick, stupid, and sad. What a crappy way to start the week.
In other news, I am soul-crushingly lonely today.
I feels ya. :(

Yeah, I feel your pain. And I have to work tomorrow. Ugh. :/ At least my day off wasn't totally terrible.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3488 3489 [3490] 3491 3492 ... 8167