Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3481 3482 [3483] 3484 3485 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476399 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #52230 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:58 pm »

I'm worthless. I hate myself.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52231 on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:33 pm »

I'm worthless. I hate myself.
I don't want to have to wake up today.

I wish I could just sleep and sleep and sleep. But I can't go to sleep, because then I have to wake up. Shit.
Everyday, I'm unhappy. Somehow this has to change, but I am too freaking useless to do anything about it.
* kaijyuu manhugs both of you.

Neither of you are worthless! I know that, since you both have value to me.

Oh, and re: the wanting to stay sleeping thing. Honestly I used to be like that (am still am, sometimes). Seems the dream world is less depressing than the real one. While this is unambiguously a sign of your life being sucky, take it as a hint that it could be better. If you can imagine up a better life, then your current one has room for improvement, rather than your depression stemming from absolute hopelessness.

I guess what I really mean is your being unhappy is at least caused by a lot of external things, rather than entirely internal problems.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:23:34 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #52232 on: September 16, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

Really? I hate hate hate dreaming. Dreams are either
  • Boring, in which case what's the point?
  • Happy, in which case you wake up sad that it was a dream
  • Sad, in which case you wake up sad because of the dream and how your unconscious hates you
  • Weird, in which case you wake up confused and irritated. And your unconscious hates you.

So yeah, I hate dreaming. And sleeping. So much time lost when I could be doing shit because I'm unconscious and hallucinating vividly. And my unconscious mind apparently hates me, or at least enjoys tormenting me.

It's all "You know that lady you like? Have a dream where you and her are spooning and then she turns around and stabs you to death whilst laughing!". Fuck you unconscious, fuck you. Playing on my issues with trust, difficulty with empathy, uncomfortably high levels of apathy and doomed attempts to overcome those issues...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:01:32 pm by MorleyDev »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #52233 on: September 16, 2012, 02:59:57 pm »

Makes me glad I don't dream.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52234 on: September 16, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

:o
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52235 on: September 16, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

As in, never rememeber even the vaguest flicker of any dreams. I presumably do actually dream.
My cabbages!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52236 on: September 16, 2012, 03:13:34 pm »

My  :o was directed at Morley, but yeah, some people don't dream at all, some do but don't remember.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52237 on: September 16, 2012, 03:17:42 pm »

Yeah, but I felt I should clarify before the barrage of people calling me stupid for claiming not to dream.
My cabbages!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52238 on: September 16, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »

Most of my dreams are... generally kinda' awesome. Interesting scenarios, good music, etc., so forth, so on. It's like taking a break from the noise of reality to watch an actually good short play or somethin'. Occasionally shit gets weird/terrifying(/perspective character gets shot and bleeds out or somethin'), but on the net it's a positive experience. Wish I remembered more of 'em. Vaguely stressed as I tend to be awake (paranoia, whee), my subconcious is apparently fond of me. Or at least fond of impromptu world building. Either/or.

I blame copious amounts of fanfiction, I think. Plenty of fodder for the subconcious. Sadly, I never seem to get "normal" dreams. No flying, or odd social anxiety stuff, or falling, or whatever. It's all pretty coherent and unusual, at least compared to the sterotypical stuff you hear being bandied about. Giant rainbow toucan, bringing music and magic back to the land~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52239 on: September 16, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »

As of late most of the dreams I do have are about my workplace and not too pleasant. I almost miss the dreams in which my face started to rot and I tore it off
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52240 on: September 16, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »

I almost miss the dreams in which my face started to rot and I tore it off
Like this?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52241 on: September 16, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »

My dreams are weird. Just plain fucking weird and make no sense. My subconscious fuses concepts and themes together seemingly at random into a semi-coherent situation.

At least I don't get as many nightmares, though. It shifted down some after I got to college. One would think I have a history of severe emotional abuse from the content of my nightmares, but no, my subconscious is just a jackass.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52242 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

My dreams are weird. Just plain fucking weird and make no sense. My subconscious fuses concepts and themes together seemingly at random into a semi-coherent situation.
Indeed. My favourite are still the rare lucid ones. Do you understand just how epic it is being a Japanese-Ghost slaying Buddha?

That doesn't even make sense on so many levels! Lurve you subconscious :3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #52243 on: September 16, 2012, 04:00:25 pm »

I almost miss the dreams in which my face started to rot and I tore it off
Like this?

Almost *exactly* like that. Only there was no blood for it was a dry rot (kind of like mummies). And I started at the jaw. Otherwise its a funny coincidencd
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52244 on: September 16, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

Dreams? Pff. Take control of those bad boys with an iron fist.

Lucid dreaming...like a BAWSS!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3481 3482 [3483] 3484 3485 ... 8167