Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3464 3465 [3466] 3467 3468 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457136 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51975 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:48 am »

Good times, good times. You still hungry? I got nachos.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #51976 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:09 am »

Battle Clash, maybe? Lots of giant robot fights in that one. Was actually a really good shooting gallery game.

Weren't too many super scope games, and the only other one I remember with robots was a terminator game.

And serious mode, the most technically impressive SNES games would probably have to be one of the following: Star Fox, Pilotwings, or Yoshi's Island.
Japanese were hiding some stuff from us. Like voice acting. Starfox 2 (beta was leaked, at least. Good stuff). Who knows what else. Some of the tale end stuff that was seriously technically capable just never got localized before SNES stuff stopped being sold elsewhere.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51977 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:34 am »

Battle Clash, maybe? Lots of giant robot fights in that one. Was actually a really good shooting gallery game.

Weren't too many super scope games, and the only other one I remember with robots was a terminator game.

And serious mode, the most technically impressive SNES games would probably have to be one of the following: Star Fox, Pilotwings, or Yoshi's Island.
Japanese were hiding some stuff from us. Like voice acting. Starfox 2 (beta was leaked, at least. Good stuff). Who knows what else. Some of the tale end stuff that was seriously technically capable just never got localized before SNES stuff stopped being sold elsewhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51978 on: September 14, 2012, 12:07:00 am »

* kaijyuu wants nachos too :D

I forgot which game it was, but one JRPG had a fully voiced intro movie song. You can't play it on a SPC player since they used crazy black magic to make the SNES crappy sound chip actually able to play the damn thing. Essentially they streamed the song from the cart, instead of using MIDIs like every other game in existence.

I know all about the SNES and its capabilities, being a bit of a romhacker. Magical piece of hardware. I love it to death.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51979 on: September 14, 2012, 12:08:48 am »

So, it turns out that the game I was actually thinking about wasn't Battle Clash, it was Metal Combat (the sequel to Battle Clash.) Either way, hella fun game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51980 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:29 am »

D: Not more nachos. I had too many yesterday. They kept waking me up last night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51981 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:50 am »

Schlock Mercenary is very very bad for me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51982 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:49 am »

Schlock Mercenary is very very bad for me.
Once a day. Every day. For the rest of forever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51983 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:10 am »

My L(esbian)F(riend)'s (I'm abbreviating her to LF for the sake of my fingertips.) girlfriend made them for me. They're delicious.

In other news, I've still got sad lurking beneath everything. It's like I'm viewing my whole world through this big blue filter, and everytime I'm actually happy about something, there's that blue, whispering in the backround, "Your friend will move away or something else will happen. You won't get a good job or go to college. You're gonna go to jail." and so on.

Today I've done really well keeping it from affecting me. Had a pretty bad few minutes at work. I saw my LF, who was shopping not working for once, and said hi. Then before I could get a chance to talk to her, she was gone. I got sad, then I was like, "Urk. Shut the hell up sads. I'll kill you all with fire."
Then I stocked some lettuce like a boss. And a hot bartender chick came in and hugged me twice. It was a good day despite my shitty underlying attitude.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51984 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:49 am »

And a hot bartender chick came in and hugged me twice.
Handsy bartender chicks always make for good days.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51985 on: September 14, 2012, 12:21:01 am »

I'm glad it was a good day, despite those things. Have you had those feelings for a long time?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51986 on: September 14, 2012, 12:22:40 am »

And a hot bartender chick came in and hugged me twice.
Handsy bartender chicks always make for good days.

Indeed. Pretty much every female and attractive bartender I've met around here either wants me, is in a relationship, or both.

I'm glad it was a good day, despite those things. Have you had those feelings for a long time?

About three days or so now. Since Saturday or so. I think I'm Manic-Depressive actually, but I can't get into a doctor to find out for sure. Even if I am, I manage to uh manage it pretty well. Most of the time.
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51987 on: September 14, 2012, 12:24:00 am »

...I have the strangest notion that if I kill Hans, then his power of attracting cute bartenders would be transferred to me...

NO! Must resist the dark arts!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51988 on: September 14, 2012, 12:24:19 am »

Pretty much every female and attractive bartender I've met around here either wants me (yaaaay!), is in a relationship (boooooo...), or both (FUUUUUUUUUUUUU--).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51989 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:01 am »

...I have the strangest notion that if I kill Hans, then his power of attracting cute bartenders would be transferred to me...

NO! Must resist the dark arts!
Sorry to point out technicalities, but killing him isn't an art, the other thing is. Not that I'd ever do that to Hanslanda; he's far too...
8)
Hans-on for my tastes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3464 3465 [3466] 3467 3468 ... 8167