Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462975 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51900 on: September 13, 2012, 12:17:07 am »

Hans, I'm glad you're doing well with the courts and that you're hanging out with friends. I know it might seem depressing to have a conversation about things that you're unsure of, but at least you had someone to go hang out with and share some of your emotions. She sounds like a pretty good friend too if she was worried about you being depressed when you're down in the dumps. I'm not trivializing any of your problems because they're obviously important to you, but while you may have problems (and significant ones) it helps to think of what you have to help you through it.

As for your future: my mother makes ~300-400k a year from a masters degree in some form of English literary theory. It's not all that likely you'll make that without working 16 hour days like she does, but writing is a very important skill that's used in many more places than you'd think. Technical writing and the such for companies and the government provides a good income and, while it may not be your dream job, would have you able to work 9-5 and then live a life. Fiction writing is a bit more limited, but it's a lot easier to do as a hobby if you get a job doing something else

As for your female friend, I don't think you have as much to worry about as you think. People are generally poor at expressing their feelings. I recently was terrified a lady-friend was flirting with me. While I am interested, she's just a pillar in the structure of my life right now that I can't have pulled out by a failed relationship. Anyway, it turns out she was just bringing up the topic of sex, casual relationships and all that so she could tell me she's having sex with an old high-school friend. Hopefully you're better at reading people than me, but it's still a possibility that you're mistaken.

She is a super good friend, and that's exactly why I worry about sexual things. It makes me extremely nervous, which will lead me into what Kaijyuu said in a moment. I'll explain down there. :P

For the future, it just worries me is all. I've got some pretty severe procrastination issues. :/ My main worry is that I'll just never get around to actually doing what I want to, and then the possibilities will be gone.

And for the most part, it seems she just needs to talk to someone about sexual things. Oddly enough, I keep forgetting I'm older than her, and while she's slept with a few guys, she's slept with WAAY more girls than me, but only had a couple relationships. She asks me for advice for that kind of thing a lot. Mostly it's that kind of thing. Sometimes though, she's got that... Funny look in her eye, which I somewhat hope is her just being humorous. But sometimes I'm not so sure it's just that. Idk. Eh, it's not truly a big deal until she acts on it, because then I'll have to turn down yet another beautiful woman I want to sleep with, because I like having them as friends instead. :/

I was kinda like that for the longest time. For me, it had a lot to do with fear rather than not being interested in people. I've always liked people. I've always been afraid they didn't like me. Getting close to someone (figuratively and literally) just gave them a chance to hurt me, to reject me. Still working on getting past that.

So my question is, are you uninterested in people? If so, then yeah you could be asexual (or whatever the romantic equivalent is). But if you're flinching away out of fear of something... I don't think the problem is your lack of interest.

Hmm. This is complicated for me. See, I like certain people. I certainly enjoy sex while in a loving, romantic relationship. I definitively do not enjoy sex for its own sake outside relationships. People I am not friends with, or otherwise close to, I generally do not like much without some pretty significant contact over time. I'm apparently rather charismatic to most people, as even people I don't like seem to like me well enough. I'm not too concerned with people not liking me so much as them causing me problems. I don't react well to people causing me problems. :/
Relationships in the past have left me with some relatively minor trust issues that I can overcome pretty easily, when I want to, and some far more severe emotional issues, where I react far more strongly than I should to certain things.
So, I guess I could say, I'm only interested in those who I'm already very close to. A lot of the flinching away is from the emotional issues, but a good portion of it has been there since always. I'm a shy person, but I've buried it pretty well with that 'Fake it til ya make it' confidence. Because fuck what people think. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51901 on: September 13, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

Well, I posted yesterday about the campaign I was going to run, and the little roadbump with someone I wanted in not wanting in.

Well, that's cleared up. Now someone who I don't want in wants in, and I'm feeling too polite to tell him to feth off.

I wouldn't normally have a problem, but this is the guy who told me to go die in a hole a couple of days ago.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51902 on: September 13, 2012, 12:32:12 am »

Well, I posted yesterday about the campaign I was going to run, and the little roadbump with someone I wanted in not wanting in.

Well, that's cleared up. Now someone who I don't want in wants in, and I'm feeling too polite to tell him to feth off.

I wouldn't normally have a problem, but this is the guy who told me to go die in a hole a couple of days ago.
"Sorry, all the slots are filled. This story is for X players!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51903 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:49 am »

@Hans
Ah well, I still think you're overthinking things a bit with her, but if you both want to stay Just Friends I'm confident you both can do that. You can't control whether she wants to take it any further so don't worry about it unless it comes up. And on your side on the equation, if unwanted boners are getting in the way you can just beat those down. ;)

I'm no psychologist and I don't pretend to be one. All I can give is support and my meager advice :(

Oh, and,
I'm apparently rather charismatic to most people, as even people I don't like seem to like me well enough.
I'm a dense idiot so just punch me in the ribs if I get annoying. It's the only way I'll figure it out :P

(PS: If you want to have sex we can still totally be friends afterward)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51904 on: September 13, 2012, 12:56:54 am »

I'm a dense idiot so just punch me in the ribs if I get annoying. It's the only way I'll figure it out :P

Har har har. :P Not you. People in meatspace. Many people in meatspace. >.< 

@Hans
Ah well, I still think you're overthinking things a bit with her, but if you both want to stay Just Friends I'm confident you both can do that. You can't control whether she wants to take it any further so don't worry about it unless it comes up. And on your side on the equation, if unwanted boners are getting in the way you can just beat those down. ;)

I'm no psychologist and I don't pretend to be one. All I can give is support and my meager advice :(

I believe so as well.
And I do. Furiously. Thinking of you. Ahem. I mean, I appreciate your support and advice. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51905 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:52 am »

Just finished reading all updates of Prequel. Man, if I could give out hugs...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51906 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:04 am »

You people and your sex drives. Understand you I will not.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51907 on: September 13, 2012, 02:21:54 am »

Bleh. Just feeling useless in general.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51908 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:44 am »

You've made me think about how to make you feel better, so no, you are not useless, Dsarker. You're the best, around...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51909 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:02 am »

Why are you feeling useless?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51910 on: September 13, 2012, 02:43:20 am »

Argle bargle. Can't sleep. Damn you sleep schedule for being so messed up.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51911 on: September 13, 2012, 02:47:39 am »

Argle bargle. Can't sleep. Damn you sleep schedule for being so messed up.

Merh. Neither can I. Still, it could be worse.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51912 on: September 13, 2012, 02:52:51 am »

Just having trouble writing anything for either my uni essay or my soon-to-be-going campaign.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51913 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:21 am »

Just having trouble writing anything for either my uni essay or my soon-to-be-going campaign.

Sleep on it, if you can. Put it off for awhile, let your subconscious ruminate on it. Just, you know, don't procrastinate too long.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51914 on: September 13, 2012, 02:59:35 am »

Do something fun for a bit to get your mind of that stuff and then go back to it?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 8167