Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466528 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51495 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:01 am »

Okay. This is wierd.

So, there's this guy at work that graduated Drug Court. He's pretty much exactly like me, but ten years older, has a way worse attitude, and he's a stereotypical male. You know the type, womanizes, smokes/drinks/etc, always makes crude/rude jokes, so on and so forth. The other day, he was all upset about not having any friends really.

This leads me to my sad. Right now, in meatspace (and I'm working on the chat thing, that's a seperate issue currently.) I have basically three friends, and then one semi-friend. One friend is my lesbian friend, another is my oldest friend that I've had for YEARS but he can be a bit of douche quite often, the third is my bartender friend, who was my bartender (not serving me, working with me) for a year or two, and is an awesome lady. The semi-friend is a girl that kinda likes me, but she's way too young, so we're just friends instead.
Now. I've got this wierd issue. I want to keep my friends. My bartender friend isn't going away, she's stable. Same for my oldest friend. But I only hang out with/talk to them sporadically. My lesbian friend, I see/talk to pretty much every day, and we're very close, not always in just the friend way. This disconcerts me, because I've lost friends to sex before and I don't want that to happen again. I'm also a human, with human urges, so there's that. My conundrum is that I want to be closer to her, but I feel like she's already too close, and now I'm worried she's drifting away, and dear christ why is this shit always so complicated?

Urgh. She's too close but too far, and I like her but I don't like her, and I want to have friends when I'm older, but I don't want to have a bunch of shitty friends, and I don't want to be like the guy I work with but I like my lifestyle choices that may lead me to be like him, and I'm so confused.
So damn confused.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51496 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36:01 am »

dear christ why is this shit always so complicated?
If you figure it out, tell me, cause I don't fucking know either. :P

I will say though, if you're worried about becoming a bad person, you probably won't become one. The real assholes are the ones that don't care about being assholes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51497 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:20 am »

dear christ why is this shit always so complicated?
If you figure it out, tell me, cause I don't fucking know either. :P

I will say though, if you're worried about becoming a bad person, you probably won't become one. The real assholes are the ones that don't care about being assholes.
^^^^^^^
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51498 on: September 11, 2012, 01:54:10 am »

Hehe. I'm not an asshole. If anything, I'm too polite. Sometimes you just need to tell people they're being stupid, and I don't do that. Also, I don't ask for the things I want, which is a tremendous hindrance in the whole relationships arena.
And I have NO IDEA what I want. So that's good I guess.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51499 on: September 11, 2012, 01:59:47 am »

Hehe. I'm not an asshole. If anything, I'm too polite. Sometimes you just need to tell people they're being stupid, and I don't do that. Also, I don't ask for the things I want, which is a tremendous hindrance in the whole relationships arena.

I can relate to that. Woo, not the only crazy person!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51500 on: September 11, 2012, 04:45:07 am »

Double posting! Woo!

Just felt generally crappy today. Woo.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #51501 on: September 11, 2012, 04:52:57 am »

So, I have a week-long test in one week from now, and I feel like I'm horribly underprepared for everything, be it Korean, Math, English, Science, or Social Studies. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51502 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:59 am »

Oh hey, me! I have the same problems too, and it's crushing me emotionally from the inside.

Getting crushed by a crush, because I'll never admit.

Can't spit it out ever, bros. D:

Also, I'm quite a bit too polite, as I really have a hard time holding grudges, give way too many second chances to people, and even ignore the stupidity they bring that threaten my life somehow. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51503 on: September 11, 2012, 07:00:02 am »

Oh hey, me! I have the same problems too, and it's crushing me emotionally from the inside.

Getting crushed by a crush, because I'll never admit.

Can't spit it out ever, bros. D:

Yeah. Oh, well. Just fantasize about her actually caring about me. Easier than ever mentioning it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51504 on: September 11, 2012, 09:16:11 am »

Also, I'm quite a bit too polite, as I really have a hard time holding grudges, give way too many second chances to people, and even ignore the stupidity they bring that threaten my life somehow. D:
Why the fuck are you ashamed you're a good person? Stop that.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #51505 on: September 11, 2012, 09:32:12 am »

Yeah, I apologise to people if they accidentally elbow me in the face on the bus.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51506 on: September 11, 2012, 09:33:44 am »

What are you Canadian or something? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51507 on: September 11, 2012, 09:34:43 am »

"Sorry my face was in the wrong spot!"

xD

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #51508 on: September 11, 2012, 09:37:36 am »

What are you Canadian or something? =P
British :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51509 on: September 11, 2012, 09:41:14 am »

Ah, well our politeness had to come from somewhere  ;)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 8167