Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3427 3428 [3429] 3430 3431 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465390 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51420 on: September 10, 2012, 06:07:21 pm »

We're all a little koo-koo in the coconuts.

Or perhaps we are the only sane ones. It's everyone else that's crazy.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51421 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »

The number of posts that I have made is about half the number of posts I have typed. It's actually pretty sad when I think about it, since I censor myself and shut myself up all the time in meatspace (as the kids call it nowadays) and I really try to be free with you guys.

Jesus Christ I almost deleted this message for being stupid, but then I didn't because it would have been hilariously, ironically depressing.

Oh, how I know that feel.

Then give me a high five man! It's nice to know you're not insane, or at least slightly less insane than you thought you might be.
* Dsarker high-fives!

we mostly seem to be introverts.

the veil of anonymity enables us to say things that we wouldn't normally, because the social repercussions aren't all that bad, people forget about it within a day.

I don't forget it, which is bad enough for me to keep quiet.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51423 on: September 10, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »

we mostly seem to be introverts.

the veil of anonymity enables us to say things that we wouldn't normally, because the social repercussions aren't all that bad, people forget about it within a day.
People forget what we say within a day. We don't forget what we say.

And we're hardly anonymous here. Honestly, we probably show a much deeper and more personal side of our personality here than in real life. What we show in real life could very well be more "anonymous" than here, as it's just a mask and a suit of armor.

We're all a little koo-koo in the coconuts.

Or perhaps we are the only sane ones. It's everyone else that's crazy.
I'm normal; everyone else is weird ;P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51424 on: September 10, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »

We're far more vulnerable here than in real life. We're exposing the weak and fleshy underparts, just hoping that nobody decides to hurt us.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51425 on: September 10, 2012, 06:14:08 pm »

But it's oh so fulfilling when people don't :D
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51426 on: September 10, 2012, 06:16:34 pm »

People forget what we say within a day. We don't forget what we say.

This is so damn true. I recently got my own office (okay not really, but I work in one by myself. It's a room in an old tobacco mansion. Charming really)  and for the first time in my life I had to work on a mindless activity, alone, in a completely silent room for five hours. You don't know just how much stuff you're running from until you are locked in a room with it. I swear to god during those five hours I remembered and agonized over every stupid thing that I have ever said, even though I'm probably the only one that remembers them.

Except for the time I accidentally said that I'm a one trick pony when it comes to rape. I meant to say wrestling, but someone else was talking about rapists and some wires got crossed. I still get funny looks :(

Ninja: Fleshy bits are better to cuddle with. No use trying to comfort a shell.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51427 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18:04 pm »

But when it is just a shell, no-one else can hurt you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51428 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18:55 pm »

No one can help you either.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51429 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:28 pm »

But here, no one can hurt you. The sheer obscurity as well as the raw difficulty of DF filters out all the douchebags looking for cheap thrills.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51430 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »

But that's okay. You can help yourself. Best to remove the log in your own eye before the splinter in someone else's and all that.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51431 on: September 10, 2012, 06:24:56 pm »

Of course, but you aren't doing yourself any favors by shutting people out. Psychology has shown that friendships and romantic partnerships, both failed and successful, are integral in helping build and expand one's self. You're limiting yourself if you're excluding yourself from interaction with others. Even if those others are just the other people on this forum.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51432 on: September 10, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »

You can help yourself.
1) Quite often false.
2) I don't believe self sufficiency to be a virtue. It's okay to lean on others if you need. More than just okay, even.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51433 on: September 10, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »

And we're hardly anonymous here. Honestly, we probably show a much deeper and more personal side of our personality here than in real life. What we show in real life could very well be more "anonymous" than here, as it's just a mask and a suit of armor.

Ugh, so very depressingly true. I have to be around people and it's like that scene in Lost in Space where the dude's armor is unfolding from nothing piece by piece.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51434 on: September 10, 2012, 06:29:52 pm »

Of course, but you aren't doing yourself any favors by shutting people out. Psychology has shown that friendships and romantic partnerships, both failed and successful, are integral in helping build and expand one's self. You're limiting yourself if you're excluding yourself from interaction with others. Even if those others are just the other people on this forum.

That's okay. Limits are okay. I can still read a 500 page book in a day.
Pages: 1 ... 3427 3428 [3429] 3430 3431 ... 8167