Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466557 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51315 on: September 09, 2012, 11:13:28 pm »

Believe me, other people aren't great at things as soon as they learn to do them. Everyone sucks at everything when they start out. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Looking at the things I consider myself good at VS the things I gave up in frustration, I really don't see a difference in quality with my early work. For everything, I sucked when I started out. The difference for the things I became decent at wasn't any initial talent or anything, but just liking the activity enough to stick with it and get better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:17:38 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51316 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27:56 pm »

Believe me, other people aren't great at things as soon as they learn to do them. Everyone sucks at everything when they start out. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Looking at the things I consider myself good at VS the things I gave up in frustration, I really don't see a difference in quality with my early work. For everything, I sucked when I started out. The difference for the things I became decent at wasn't any initial talent or anything, but just liking the activity enough to stick with it and get better.

This. In general, unless you're some kind of savant, you're going to be pretty crappy when you start out.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51317 on: September 09, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »

Or you can just be happy sucking at everything. Losing is fun by the way.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51318 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

I saw this in someone's sig, but I don't know who to credit:

"Not sucking is a product of time invested."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51319 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:55 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51320 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:07 am »

I could have sworn I'd seen that elsewhere, though.

And how the fuck did I miss THAT? Way to go, MaximumReadingComprehension.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51321 on: September 10, 2012, 12:34:00 am »

Maximum can also apply to fails. Just saying. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51322 on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:51 am »

I know someone who's last name is McFail. To be more precise, McPhail.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51323 on: September 10, 2012, 12:41:51 am »

I stole it from someone's sig too! So you're not going crazy.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51324 on: September 10, 2012, 12:51:41 am »

I stole it from someone's sig too! So you're not going crazy.
Oh, good. I still MaxFail for skimming instead of reading.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51325 on: September 10, 2012, 12:57:07 am »

It is 2 AM and I am writing a paper on a peak oil book. Kill me. (Not MZ, though. Time Paradox.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51326 on: September 10, 2012, 01:12:26 am »

It is 2 AM and I am writing a paper on a peak oil book. Kill me. (Not MZ, though. Time Paradox.)
As Metal Gear taught me, Time Paradoxes are bad. So yeah, don't kill MSH.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51327 on: September 10, 2012, 01:20:45 am »

Besides, I finished just now. It is the sleep time yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51328 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

XD Ok now how did I miss that.  Must have been too depressed  :o

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51329 on: September 10, 2012, 01:34:15 am »

I'm gonna go up there and hug the depression right out of you! :P
Pages: 1 ... 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 ... 8167