Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3416 3417 [3418] 3419 3420 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467181 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51255 on: September 07, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »

I only acquired my first male friends when I was 21, before that it was just pleasant acquaintances or people that only tolerated me. My entire life has been a lonely and sad existence.
Yeah, I was the same way. Took me a while, but I finally figured out it wasn't my fault; just no one else had the same interests as me, so I just hovered around people my same age group. It wasn't until I got out of high school that I met anyone remotely similar to me in real life.

There's only ONE reason you can ever blame yourself for being friendless: fearing responsibility/obligation. If you don't have friends because you don't want to be bothered by them, then it's your own fault you don't have any. Otherwise, for the love of Cod don't blame yourself. Not everyone's compatible like that, and frankly finding really good friends in your local area is a long shot for everyone (at least in small towns like mine; might be different for you city folk). Some people get lucky. Most just have acquaintances, or friendships that are more based on convenience than anything else. Those that can be best buddies with everyone under the sun are rather rare.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:13:47 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51256 on: September 07, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »

Somebody basically begged me for a job and there wasn't a damn thing I could do for them.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51257 on: September 07, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »

It's the thought that counts :P
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51258 on: September 07, 2012, 03:46:46 pm »

The dark side has cookies. And force chokes. So I think you made the right choice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51259 on: September 07, 2012, 03:49:23 pm »

nah, not gonna join the dark side, I'm making my own side: the fap side!

all it's going to consist of are virgins that have no ability to get girl/boyfriends, with ready access to magazines, computers with the internet, or TVs.
FAP = Forever Alone Penguins?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51260 on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

I realize you're being facetious, but "forever alone" people aren't the only ones who fap :P So let me in the club too!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51261 on: September 07, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »

I dunno... cock and balls?
Then you're alienating the women.

NINJAEDIT: If you're still a virgin, fine, you can join. on scoring, you shall be removed and have to join the less fun, but all the more deadly dark or light side. and less icky.
Boooo.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #51262 on: September 07, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »

I don't suppose you have any advice to aspiring physicians to make it easier on the psyche?
For the most part you get used to it. I think I bear it well, in general, I've never been of the sensitive sort. This guy wasn't the first patient I've seen in a bad situation, or the first one to die (and strictly speaking, I was not present this time) So, in that regard, I manage, for the most part.

There are a couple of things that upset me in this particular case, however. While I had seen first hand already how deadly neurovascular disease can be during my neuro rotation, this is the first time I see the transition from "fine" to "broken" live - for the most part, the ones I saw in neuro even if conscious were already visibly ill, at best. It's a bit shocking to see a guy walk into your box, stating his problem (yet saying he was feeling "better"), and then the next hour see him again as a vegetable.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51263 on: September 07, 2012, 04:13:13 pm »

Eat more fiber?

'Bout all I can say to that particular sad :P

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #51264 on: September 07, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

I eat plenty of fibre, just that occasionally, no matter how much you eat...

it 'asplode?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51265 on: September 07, 2012, 04:29:27 pm »

if I did, there'd be some toilet paper in the fridge.
???

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51266 on: September 07, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

if I did, there'd be some toilet paper in the fridge.
???
one of the best ways to remove that burning feeling is liberal application of cold toilet paper.

I guess running some under the cold tap would work, too.

I've never tried cold toilet paper before, that's brilliant.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #51267 on: September 07, 2012, 05:42:59 pm »

FACK. I accidentally clicked "Leave Group" on my OWN GROUP PAGE on Desura. There was no confirmation or anything, it just booted me right out. How the hell am I supposed to manage my 98-member DF group now?! Goddamn you, Desura...  :-[

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51268 on: September 07, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »

Things that made you sad today thread.
My familys contant hatred of me
How close I came to murdering my piece of shit scum brother.
Like being constantly trapped
Very close to breaking, going to kill someone or me soon enough
Bloodpressure is through the roof and fuse is burnt out.

I NEED TO ESCAPE!!
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51269 on: September 07, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »

If none of that is hyperbole, then your escape should probably be family counseling.
Pages: 1 ... 3416 3417 [3418] 3419 3420 ... 8167