Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3415 3416 [3417] 3418 3419 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466620 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51240 on: September 07, 2012, 02:04:00 am »

chicks randomly ask me out every couple of months for no reason. It's odd. I don't even know them.
Well, you're getting the opportunity to get to know them then, aren't you? :)

I don't mean to be condescending when saying that. "Just put yourself out there!" rings hollow to me too. But if you're getting people asking you out, understand that that means you're interesting. You're noticed. You're worth their time, now you need to figure out if they're worth yours.
I understand what you're saying. I doubt they are, as they have a bit of a ... reputation ifyouknowwhatImean. Ah well. My mortal shell requires sleep now, so I'll be going. Thank you, Bay12!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51241 on: September 07, 2012, 02:04:45 am »

Ah, I see xD Well g'night to ya.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #51242 on: September 07, 2012, 09:57:13 am »

A guy I attended to the other day died last night :-(

Granted, it was not wholly unexpected. He had a subarachnoid hemorrague. A big one too. Still... it was shocking. Granted, we suspected SAH the minute he entered my box and started to describe us what had happened. Then while on the way back from the CT he entered a comma (glascow 4). Still, I hoped we had caught it in time. But it was not to be. I'm kind of disappointed.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51243 on: September 07, 2012, 10:27:41 am »

Granted, it was not wholly unexpected. He had a subarachnoid hemorrague. A big one too. Still... it was shocking. Granted, we suspected SAH the minute he entered my box and started to describe us what had happened. Then while on the way back from the CT he entered a comma (glascow 4). Still, I hoped we had caught it in time. But it was not to be. I'm kind of disappointed.

Ah man... I don't know what you say in head situations exactly, but I feel for you.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51244 on: September 07, 2012, 10:33:18 am »

So I just waited an hour and 20 minutes for my boyfriend to show up. He didn't, by the way. And it was at a place that's an hour away from home. I spent 3+ hours waiting for this guy. PLUS I had the opportunity for work today, which I put off because I thought he would show up. Needless to say I'm kind of pissed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51245 on: September 07, 2012, 10:37:59 am »

Stuff like this? That's why I don't work in medicine. As much as I enjoy hitting people, I take everything too personally to keep going if someone died in my care (or even as a result of me hitting them.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51246 on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:14 am »

3+ hours of waiting? I feel for ya, though I hope you don't let him get away with that. Every partner I have ever had would have delivered significant testicular trauma if I pulled something like that.

In related news forgiveness is incredibly healthy both to the health of your relationship and your own emotional health. Sometimes scientifically supported facts aren't all that satisfying when applied to real life. In fact, they rarely involve testicular trauma at all.

Stuff like this? That's why I don't work in medicine. As much as I enjoy hitting people, I take everything too personally to keep going if someone died in my care (or even as a result of me hitting them.)

Even normal sparring can cause problems with an aneurysm and kill someone. Sorry about your patient Poo, it must be terrible to know that there is even a tiny amount of hope and then losing them. I don't suppose you have any advice to aspiring physicians to make it easier on the psyche?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51247 on: September 07, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

So I just waited an hour and 20 minutes for my boyfriend to show up. He didn't, by the way. And it was at a place that's an hour away from home. I spent 3+ hours waiting for this guy. PLUS I had the opportunity for work today, which I put off because I thought he would show up. Needless to say I'm kind of pissed.
How long have you known him? Could be an honest reason why (transportation broke down, got tied up somewhere else, etc.) not just a "stood up" kind of thing.  :-\

(i'm a natural devil's advocate)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51248 on: September 07, 2012, 10:57:36 am »

I'm giving him the benefit  the doubt until I know why. But I'm still not happy about it.

It was two hours of transport in total and one hour of waiting in the bus depot.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51249 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:42 am »

Jokes aside, I'd like to have a friendship with a girl that won't inevitably develop into a romance. That happens a lot.

Is this really that difficult? My friends are pretty much evenly split between boys and girls.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51250 on: September 07, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »

Ouch, Descan. You have a cell phone, right? Unless he's in the hospital right now, he probably could've called you if something big came up.

Jokes aside, I'd like to have a friendship with a girl that won't inevitably develop into a romance. That happens a lot.

Is this really that difficult? My friends are pretty much evenly split between boys and girls.
I dunno about you, but when I was younger I developed unwanted crushes on pretty much everyone I met. I imagine it's the same for him.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51251 on: September 07, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »

I have one, he doesn't. :I

Even if there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, I'm not gonna set another thing up with him until he gets a cell phone next week :I

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51252 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »

Mmm, yes, a reasonable thing to ask so stuff like this doesn't happen.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51253 on: September 07, 2012, 12:44:02 pm »

It can be. I've only got one friend that's female these days because apparently I'm too sexy for my own good or something. It's a lot more frustrating than may be first assumed because relationships have an extremely high Incredibly Unpleasant Failure rate, whereas friendships don't.

And the only reason I feel safe having even one female friend right now is because she's a lesbian AND in a dedicated relationship.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51254 on: September 07, 2012, 02:07:29 pm »

I've straight up never head a female friend. Then again, I only acquired my first male friends when I was 21, before that it was just pleasant acquaintances or people that only tolerated me. My entire life has been a lonely and sad existence.

Speaking of lonely and sad existences, there's something just fucking WRONG with my brain or something. I go to bed at 10 pm, and that's early in my book, setting my alarm to go off at 6 am. It does, but I straight up don't respond until 7, then I snooze until 8, then I just turn it off and sleep until 1 pm. Every time it wakes me up, I think 'Why get up? What will that accomplish? I'll just go back to sleep so I can further indulge in my little fantasy world' and the only reason I got up at 1pm is because that was when I was getting seriously angry at myself.

Taking a shower to wake up, I'm just sitting in the tub thinking that maybe I just don't have the willpower or the discipline to lead the kind of life I'd like to live.
Pages: 1 ... 3415 3416 [3417] 3418 3419 ... 8167