Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465937 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51195 on: September 06, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

Found out that a relative of mine died today. I know the name, but I can't remember who he is or what he looked like D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51196 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »

A student of mine died of brain cancer yesterday. Kid was a nice guy, and even though this had been coming (diagnosed terminal 3 years ago), it still comes as a shock. These things are never easy - I almost felt numb when told.
This is a blank sig.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51197 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51:38 pm »

I know that numb feeling. Although, for me it was more of a 'the entire universe is imploding around me' kind of thing when it happened.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51198 on: September 06, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

Just watched Requiem for a Dream.  It's just like the time I watched Grave of the Fireflies; why do I do this to myself?

They showed us that movie in rehab. The unanimous response was, "Well shit, now I want to get high."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51199 on: September 06, 2012, 11:53:57 pm »

Got the new air mattress inflated. Bizarrely, this always makes me feel sad, like I'm simultaneously leaving behind an era of good times forever and rolling back to a past time of failure. Even though the one I had been using was a stand-in till I could get one that was small enough to not take up half the room, after I put my elbow through its predecessor somehow. This is an unambiguous improvement, and yet. Sads. And more importantly, for no reason.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51200 on: September 06, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »

Just watched Requiem for a Dream.  It's just like the time I watched Grave of the Fireflies; why do I do this to myself?

They showed us that movie in rehab. The unanimous response was, "Well shit, now I want to get high."
Shouldn't they have showed you something dealing with drugs that made the actors look really, really stupid and gone, "Now, guys, you may laugh, but this is how you actually look to the rest of us when you're high. You wanna be that stupid? Really?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51201 on: September 07, 2012, 12:28:23 am »

Shouldn't they have showed you something dealing with drugs that made the actors look really, really stupid and gone, "Now, guys, you may laugh, but this is how you actually look to the rest of us when you're high. You wanna be that stupid? Really?"

Sigh. You keep doing this. I made a thread for this talk. Seriously, I hate cluttering up other threads with my rants on drugs.

And you're an alcoholic a heavy drinker, would that work for you? :P No offense intended bro, this is just my soapbox. I get all nasty. D:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51202 on: September 07, 2012, 12:32:37 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to make you pull out the soapbox. I'll head back to your regularly scheduled WTF now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51203 on: September 07, 2012, 12:34:11 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to make you pull out the soapbox. I'll head back to your regularly scheduled WTF now.

It's all good. I shouldn't actually respond to such things. :/ I'm just defensive because I looked that stupid, knew it, and kept doing it anyway.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51204 on: September 07, 2012, 12:35:34 am »

It's all good. I shouldn't actually respond to such things. :/ I'm just defensive because I looked that stupid, knew it, and kept doing it anyway.
I'm right there with you, bro. Sobriety was my only option, though, because I got with a woman who wanted me to be a family man, and for some reason, I did everything I could to please her. That...turned out less than well.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51205 on: September 07, 2012, 12:42:54 am »

I'm right there with you, bro. Sobriety was my only option, though, because I got with a woman who wanted me to be a family man, and for some reason, I did everything I could to please her. That...turned out less than well.

Strange. I was with a woman I would have done anything for, then she broke me and tossed me aside, so I decided non-sobriety might be a better option that sobriety. Now I've decided celibacy is the best option, because I'm not emotionally stable in relationships. At least until I get off Drug court, then I can reevaluate my options.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51206 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:40 am »

I miss my partying ways, but I'll probably never go back. Especially now that I've A) become a father, and B) gotten fat.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51207 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:55 am »

Strange. I was with a woman I would have done anything for, then she broke me and tossed me aside, so I decided non-sobriety might be a better option that sobriety. Now I've decided celibacy is the best option, because I'm not emotionally stable in relationships. At least until I get off Drug court, then I can reevaluate my options.
I'm sure there are worse things than celibacy.
Haven't experienced any other state of being, so I have no reference mind you...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51208 on: September 07, 2012, 12:47:37 am »

Sex is good, but it's very overrated. That's why you have it multiple times.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51209 on: September 07, 2012, 12:49:47 am »

I'm sure there are worse things than celibacy.
Haven't experienced any other state of being, so I have no reference mind you...

Celibacy isn't that bad. People give it a bad rap, but:

Sex is good, but it's very overrated. That's why you have it multiple times.

This. Except, without the multiple times thing. Well, actually with it, but not unless you find a good person. Having sex just to have sex is pretty much pointless to me. I can't do it, it just irritates me. I only have sex as either an expression of romantic love or in the pursuit of procreation, and I've never pursued procreation...
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 ... 8167