Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3410 3411 [3412] 3413 3414 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466015 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51165 on: September 06, 2012, 03:36:30 am »

Sometimes it feels like I'm a moth to that flame too.

And then I start getting all pretentious and pretending importance.

all just to hide my utter self disgust.

If nothing else, Dsarker, the bay12 will always be here for you. Always. You Are a good person. You deserve happiness.

No, I'm not. I'm a bigot, a coward, a fool, lazy, and utterly without honour. At least I know myself well.

You are no bigot. I have seen bigots. You are not one of them. I have seen no foolishness of laziness in any of the posts you have made here. Please, Talk with me: Why do you feel that way?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51166 on: September 06, 2012, 03:38:20 am »

No, I'm not. I'm a bigot, a coward, a fool, lazy, and utterly without honour. At least I know myself well.
I've given you all the advice I could think of in the past :( So regular old sympathies from me. /hug

This helped me recently. Dunno if it'll do anything for you though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_jdruQca0
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51167 on: September 06, 2012, 03:41:26 am »

If nothing else, Dsarker, the bay12 will always be here for you. Always. You Are a good person. You deserve happiness.

You are no bigot. I have seen bigots. You are not one of them. I have seen no foolishness of laziness in any of the posts you have made here. Please, Talk with me: Why do you feel that way?

No, you most likely haven't seen my posts involving bigotry on this board. As it so happens, the Great Toady One removed them, as was proper.

I know well my sins.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #51168 on: September 06, 2012, 03:43:30 am »

No, you most likely haven't seen my posts involving bigotry on this board. As it so happens, the Great Toady One removed them, as was proper.

I know well my sins.

Then please, enlighten me, in private. I am willing to talk, if you are.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51169 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50:29 am »

Hrrmm you're not a good person and don't deserve happiness? I call bullshit.
In my book anyone who actualy cares about being a good person, anyone who even tries to do better is a good person even when they're held back by their fears and insecurities.
Are you really a bigot, a coward, a fool, lazy and without honour?
Funny how things work, it'll be exactly a year ago tomorrow when I gulped down a bottle of bleach in an effort to kill myself and those where all descriptors I'd use for myself at the time.
I was cowardly because I couldn't confront anything or anyone and buckled like a spineless worm anytime I needed to stand up to others.
I found myself unable to express emotion anger, joy, apprehension all because I was sacred of showing the slightest vunerablitiy to anyone else and instead simmered in secret.
And yet this did not make me a coward to anyone else but me.

I was a fool because nothing I did worked, because of all the stupid easily avoidable mistakes I made that wreaked havoc on my life.
Some where almost intentional as I felt...I didn't deserve happiness so without admiting to myself what I was doing I sabatoged myself over and over again making stupid foolish mistakes.
But this did not make me a fool, I remembered and focused on what went wrong and forgot and abandoned what went right.

I'm lazy, but with me it's more than that; it's a crippling inablity to motivate myself to do anything.
It's never gone away.
A surprisingly large number people know what it's like to go through life on a pretense hiding what you feel, where nothing you do you for yourself.
Where the only reason you do anything at all is keep up the act that everything is fine.
Give it years of self loathing and you never want to do anything for yourself, why should you?
Eventualy as in my case you forget how to get yourself moving, how to keep working on something, how to care about what you do.
But am I lazy? No with me it's much worse than lazienss and it is my biggest obsticle between who I am and who I want to be.

I was selfish to an extreme degree I didn't spare a thought for anyone else.
I would find temporary escape through any means open to me regardless what it cost someone else.
I would ignore the suffering of others and continue on my painful march through each day using all my strength to hold up a mask for others to see.
But then I found they didn't care, the strangers on the street whom I had ignored, the people who had suffered minor inconviences because of me.
I found that the concept of honour was strange.
It really is what ever you make it, honour is personal thing and means what ever you want it to mean.
If you are utterly without honour then all that means is you've set yourself unrealistic excpectations.

At least I know myself well.
I once said the same thing word for bloodly word.
I laugh now looking back, how riddiculously wrong I was.
I don't know what exactly you're going through but I do know what it's like to become twisted up inside, it twists your perception of yourself too.
It makes every minor character flaw seem more serve and serious than it is.
It causes you to act in ways you see as a major failing yet no one else really cares about.

I'm by no means the most emotionaly balanced person you'll ever meet, I still can't look directly in to my own eyes in a mirror, I still destroy any picture of myself I get my hands on.
But take if from me who only knows you through the posts you make; I can say with certainty you can do worse than be yourself, you're a good person even if you don't believe it and things can always be better than they are.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51170 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:53 am »

Actually i do have hope for tomorrow as its math and i techincally took this class last year so im aiming for a B on the test. Im worried about dying in the middle of history right after...

GOING TO SLEEP NOW DAMNIT I WILL NOT DEVELOP INSOMNIA

well update to my situation, made it through the test with flying colors though im tired as shit

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51171 on: September 06, 2012, 11:09:24 am »

Again, stop being me. :P Horrible flashbacks from high school and some early parts of college...
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51172 on: September 06, 2012, 11:20:06 am »

Again, stop being me. :P Horrible flashbacks from high school and some early parts of college...
but im not you........
IM NOT!!!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51173 on: September 06, 2012, 12:22:50 pm »

but im not you........
IM NOT!!!
I am.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51174 on: September 06, 2012, 12:23:45 pm »

This is true. MagmaMcFry already has claim to being my good twin.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51175 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:11 pm »

This is true. MagmaMcFry already has claim to being my good twin.
You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51176 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:46 pm »

Yes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51177 on: September 06, 2012, 12:28:45 pm »

Stop acting like your the worst ever. :P (This part is also meant for Dsarker) But seriously, give yourself some credit. You're a human being. Despite how we may want to be, we're pretty imperfect in general. And that makes us strong. Sure, we make mistakes all the damn time, and I know a lot about this. I've broken my hands twice over a woman that didn't even deserve me. I've wasted 25% of my life getting fucked up in a shitty little apartment. I still want to waste my life getting fucked up. But just because I make stupid ass decisions does NOT mean I am a bad person, or the worst person, or even stupid.
In fact, I would say, having made those mistakes made me a far stronger person than I would have been. Before I broke my hands over her, I was willing to put up with hideously abusive relationships from woman, to do anything for them. Now I keep them all back, at a distance, until they prove they are good enough for me.
Before I started getting high, I was a miserable, meek, weak little boy, that couldn't show emotion to save his life. Now, well, I'm still pretty miserable and meek, but I know that I am strong. I know it because what weak person can go through the things necessary to be addicted and not die? Frankly, I'm very very surprised I am alive every day I wake up because I did utterly insane things. 
Now, I'm sure Dsarker is very upset with himself, and believes that we don't know what he is really like, and that we don't even understand how bad a person he is. Let me tell you about that woman I broke my hands over. When we finally ended things, I got her fired from our place of business. I did it on purpose. Emotions are no excuse for this, I did it on purpose. Without that job, she had to move back in with her parents. So did her kids. Her parents live in Iowa. Her kids' father lives here where I live. I seperated her kids from their father because I was being petty and weak.
Now, does that make me a bad person? No. Because a bad person wouldn't be upset by their actions. I am. I feel like a total piece when I think of that particular point in my life. I wish beyond belief that I could go back and change it. I know I did a terrible, evil thing, but I can't change it now. All I can do is learn from it and try my very best to never do something that shitty again.

TL;DR Dsarker, you are a human. We like you that way. No matter how bad you think you are. No matter how bad you really are. Just try to learn and grow and be a better person. That is all you can do. And, boy, SUICIDE IS NOT A MOTHERFUCKING OPTION. EVER. Just please trust me, you'd rather be alive.

Anyway. I better stop ranting. :/ Love you guys.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51178 on: September 06, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »

I had a job interview 2 weeks ago, that I thought went really really well, they said they'd let me know if I got the job in 2 - 4 weeks, but the interviewer said I had a good chance of getting the job, so I held off from applying for other work, and just kind of sat around waiting for a phonecall from them saying I can start working (the store isn't open yet)
so today I call them, and I had to call 3 different people to get a hold of their HR department to learn I was no longer being considered for employment, they sent me an email like a week ago, which I read, but it was worded very badly and I couldn't tell it meant "No, we don't want to hire you".
It turns out that they interviewed about 500 people for 20 positions to fill, and I guess I wasn't in the top 20 interviews.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51179 on: September 06, 2012, 03:28:07 pm »

when i was younger , i stepped on a broken wire and got electric strike (i don't know how much Wats), i was really confused so i stepped there again and got and got electric strike again .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?
Pages: 1 ... 3410 3411 [3412] 3413 3414 ... 8167