Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3407 3408 [3409] 3410 3411 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466495 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51120 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:21 am »

This is depressing :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've long held that there's a relevant xkcd for any topic.
Um, my link might be even more depressing.  Sorry.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51121 on: September 05, 2012, 03:34:38 am »

There's probably around a million or so compatible people in the world, actually.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #51122 on: September 05, 2012, 03:35:57 am »

... isn't that still pretty terrible odds, on the net?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51123 on: September 05, 2012, 03:40:17 am »

Well if you date absolutely randomly, sure. Some very simple filtering brings those odds down to reasonable levels.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51124 on: September 05, 2012, 04:04:52 am »

My mouse just stopped working.
Love, scriver~

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51125 on: September 05, 2012, 06:05:58 am »

So, assignment to give a talk on tomorrow.

"List several positive and negative factors in the development of self-concept. Discuss some relevant case studies."

This would be a simple thing...if we were discussing it in class, at all. If, in fact, there was any definition of the terms used. Oh, well, time to try faking knowledge!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51126 on: September 05, 2012, 06:09:49 am »

So, assignment to give a talk on tomorrow.

"List several positive and negative factors in the development of self-concept. Discuss some relevant case studies."

This would be a simple thing...if we were discussing it in class, at all. If, in fact, there was any definition of the terms used. Oh, well, time to try faking knowledge!

I swear the words "factor, negative and positive" are giving me PTSD. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51127 on: September 05, 2012, 07:20:19 am »

New Sad status!

Thing that made me sad today: Feeling of total and utter self-disgust and lack of any self-worth. Yay!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51128 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:28 am »

Depression?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51129 on: September 05, 2012, 07:28:05 am »

New Sad status!

Thing that made me sad today: Feeling of total and utter self-disgust and lack of any self-worth. Yay!
Yaaaay!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51130 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

Fixed the mouse for now with a bit of duct tape. That was yay! Then something crawled up under my pants and stung me twice around the knee. Didn't see exactly what it was for kind of creep, but it at least left a neat little stain on the clothes, so hopefully I managed to get it back somehow and it just fell down the porch floor cracks before I could see it.
Love, scriver~

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51131 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:30 am »

Just a bit of a follow-up to what I was saying earlier. I just started my art thread in Creative Projects again, which is a good thing. However I doubt I'll have free time for the next two years. Suggestions or no suggestions I'm going to be making a drawing every two to three days for a couple years. Since I can't just walk away from learning to draw better anymore could people suggest things in that thread? It would make things a bit easier.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51132 on: September 05, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »

Link, fool?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51133 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:44 pm »

My best and only friend just apparently had a pretty serious asthma attack and can't breathe. She can't go to the hopsital either. D: I don't know what to do, because I can't DO anything. Idk. Gotta go to work now. :/ Talk to ya'll soonish.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51134 on: September 05, 2012, 12:49:00 pm »

Bah. I'm really depressed now. I'm pretty sure that a natural law of the universe states that everything I do eventually fails and comes to a bad outcome. I really don't think I have been successful at anything for... About ten years. And that is not a number pulled out my ass, I can literally point to a few month period where on one side everything was normal and I was happy, and on the other side everything turns out wrong. I swear to a god a don't believe in, I might be suicidal if it was not for the fact that I am assured to fail in even that and my live will become even worse.
Pages: 1 ... 3407 3408 [3409] 3410 3411 ... 8167