Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470820 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50985 on: September 04, 2012, 02:38:55 am »

Welcome to the club. Can't ever go back, no no no...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50986 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:19 am »

Well neither have I, immersion in forum RPs are fun :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50987 on: September 04, 2012, 02:44:57 am »

Welcome to the club. Can't ever go back, no no no...
This part is the really serious part of the forums :D

I mean... last time I went to the upper forums, half the replies were overused dwarven memes D:
Still, the general number of geniuses is constant xD

Sad: This meat-pie is waaaay too salty.
I got rained on while I was returning home.
The fracking Board of bloody Education stripped Korean high schos of their nativespeaking teachers, leaving them flat and sending'm all too elementary schools. Thanks to that, te English Speaking portion of my grade (10%) now has to be done by memorizing and parroting a childish dialogue that just reeks of "I don't know how people actually talk but whatever lol".
Wait, that's rage. The sad part is all the memorizing I'm having to do. Straight drilling things like the positions of Chungju, Choongju, Chungjin and Changwon, or the school anthem, or other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:48:15 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50988 on: September 04, 2012, 08:31:33 am »

I just realized I've migrated entirely out of the upper forums. Kinda sucks that I won't be able to see what the dorfs and adventurers are up to, but I can't bring myself to go back. Maybe it's because I haven't played DF for about a month.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50989 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:02 am »

Okay, so yesterday it was 19C.
I got sunburnt.

Today it was 24C. I used SPF30+ sunscreen and only moved quickly between buildings for most of the day.

I got more sunburnt.

Goshdurnit, being a redhead is annoying sometimes. I'm going to have to sew myself a hood and cloak to even exist in public at this rate. Don't want to be a cancerous leathery redhead by 35.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50990 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54:08 am »

i feel depressive , maybe because most of my friends live far away from my house and i have nothing to do .
slowly sinking in loneliness , i don't know what to do , i don't know where to find more friends .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50991 on: September 04, 2012, 08:55:53 am »

MaximumZero
you basically have a broken back so why do you do activites that involve smacking said back around and off the ground? No worry about needing wheelchair?
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50992 on: September 04, 2012, 09:06:15 am »

MaximumZero
you basically have a broken back so why do you do activites that involve smacking said back around and off the ground? No worry about needing wheelchair?
I only worry about that when I spar with a sensei. It's very rare that a student can even hit me, let alone hiptoss me.

I know, I know. That sounds really, really boastful. I just don't know another way of saying it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50993 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:38 am »

What Max is saying that the only people he fears are the ones that should have an even worse back than he does, but don't.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50994 on: September 04, 2012, 09:57:37 am »

The fracking Board of bloody Education stripped Korean high schos of their nativespeaking teachers, leaving them flat and sending'm all too elementary schools. Thanks to that, te English Speaking portion of my grade (10%) now has to be done by memorizing and parroting a childish dialogue that just reeks of "I don't know how people actually talk but whatever lol".
Wait, that's rage. The sad part is all the memorizing I'm having to do. Straight drilling things like the positions of Chungju, Choongju, Chungjin and Changwon, or the school anthem, or other stuff.
Wait, I...wat? They require you to learn English but then take away English teachers? So you're left with the Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook equivalent??

So in a few years, we're going to be awash with eager young Koreans coming to our shores and excitedly inquiring, "Do you want to go back to my place...bouncy bouncy?" xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50995 on: September 04, 2012, 10:07:32 am »

Well, we still have the Korean English teachers.

As a note, I don't understand the class. What is a jodongsa and what is a bunsa and why is to R != V+ing I have no idea

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50996 on: September 04, 2012, 10:25:35 am »

Well, we still have the Korean English teachers.
Yeah, but I can definitely say from experience that having a native speaker as teacher is a big help at the higher levels of any language.

As a note, I don't understand the class. What is a jodongsa and what is a bunsa and why is to R != V+ing I have no idea
....are still talking about English class??  ???
pseudoedit: ahh...Wiktionary says jodongsa is Korean for "auxiliary verb". So...for example has in the verb phrase has been, or has gone. Neither phrase is really referring to "having" anything, but the auxiliary verb is being used for other grammatical purposes. Because English is a bastard like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50997 on: September 04, 2012, 10:43:25 am »

Spambots have boyfriends?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50998 on: September 04, 2012, 10:43:47 am »

Spambots are people too!

I mean that seriously. It's probably not a bot but some schmuck who does this for a living or something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50999 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:14 am »

Well it just makes me even more pathetic since I can't get one, and I'm, you know, human.

(note: facetiousness, not actual sads. I actually have a date lined up :D )
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:02:52 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 8167