Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3384 3385 [3386] 3387 3388 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475740 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50775 on: August 29, 2012, 05:04:25 am »

@Stuff about fighting above.

Please stop being Internet Tough Guys on bay12.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50776 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:23 am »

* Yoink twists Scriver into a pretzel, thus proving his internet badassery to all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50777 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:18 am »

I failed or got lower than average scores for my midterms. Now I feel like crap.

At least now I feel like I have a purpose; a reason for studying hard, so as not to feel like crap anymore.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50778 on: August 29, 2012, 08:01:17 am »

^ Wow. Now mine is REALLY trivial.

I just grafted an entire table out of BB-code for a single person.
IT WAS SO BORING.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50779 on: August 29, 2012, 08:28:22 am »

Slenderman.

Now to elaborate a bit, he's become too popular, why is this such a bad thing?

Well, he isn't scary anymore, I remember when I didn't knwo much about him, only passing mentions, a few MH videos I watched, and he was creepy, scary, simply because I had no freaking idea what it was, and my imagination was running wild and loose making it extremely terrifying.

Nowadays, there's atleast one Slenderman piece on DArts front page, or most of the internet talking about it (atleast the parts I visit), and now, I know how he looks, what he does, and while it was kinda cool at first, it's just boring now. Like, extremely boring to the point of being annoying that everybody thinks it's cool and creepy to do Slenderman and everybody else actually encouraging them to do it.

Same thing happened to Cthulhu (that and people kinda got over the fear of space and all that stuff that was rampant at the time), he became so popular and prevalent in modern culture that he's more of a joke now than something actually scary and terrifying.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50780 on: August 29, 2012, 09:16:23 am »

Or you could try Splendorman.
Honestly though that's the internet doing it's thing. You know, taking cool or interesting things and overdoing to the point of suckage.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50781 on: August 29, 2012, 11:07:48 am »

I swear. It seems most banks just are incapable of keeping track of any of the documents they demand you send them.

I think we need a picture of a fax machine and the fax machine prints out the papers so they fall right into either the furnace or the shredder.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50782 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:04 am »

gasoline hit 2€/liter(nearly 8$/gallon iirc) further reducing my range of operation, and my uni taxes increased :(
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50783 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:16 pm »

I think my community is reaching the "Admins backstab eachother and everything goes to shit" phase.

EDIT:

Confirmed. ALG will soon be dead.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:13:10 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #50784 on: August 29, 2012, 12:05:06 pm »

I just thought these forums were shut down or something =/

I'm on campus right now and I guess the internet is incredibly slow due to all the traffic and work being done and the like. So when I clicked on the general discussion forum there was just a box that said "Discussion is fine, as long as you don't."

Aside from confusing and disheartening me, that message made me immediately check to see if it was April first
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50785 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

Random nervousness and anxiety. Can't even make a phone call out of arbitrary fear of... I don't know what.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50786 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »

My advice: Chill with a cup of tea for a while.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #50787 on: August 29, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

Initial attempt at chemical death didn't oust (or at least bury) the fleas in my room. Legs continue to accrue bug bites. After a bit of a nap on the couch, gonna' have to clear up the room a bit and then give it a second go.

If that don't work... games will be stepped up. Maybe fire, maybe just bug bombs. Either way, something. Damn fleas are just tearing m'damned legs to hell. Poor things have like fifteen or twenty bumps/bites/sores per leg from the fucking parasites, and my entire existence is itch from about halfway down from my knee till the top of my foot. It is... distracting.
Commercial nerve gasses aren't usually up to the job of dealing with fleas. Most of them are aimed at things like ants and roaches, which are much easier to kill. The best way to get rid of fleas is by manual deep-cleaning. Remove all laundry to the laundry area for washing, including sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and pillows. Then use a steam cleaner on matresses and carpeting. If you have a basement, be sure to scrub it down with a ton of bleach.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50788 on: August 29, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »

Random nervousness and anxiety. Can't even make a phone call out of arbitrary fear of... I don't know what.

Oh damn do I know those, the simplest thing, it's nothing bigger than asking if someone had plans that night, the conversation wouldn't last longer than a minute and yet, it was so deeply terrifying it would take me an hour or two to do it.

After a while I figured the best way was the jump, like when you're jumping off of a big ass rock, count to three and jump, the counting can last, but the important part is that you jump at three. Because once airborne, there's no going back, and I found that rush to be quite sweet, of having something terrifying rushing up to meet you. Then it's all over and you realize what a pansy you've been for not doing it sooner. (both the call and the jump)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50789 on: August 29, 2012, 01:53:47 pm »

Jumping off things is so great. Like jumping off the high(er) plank in a swimming pool.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3384 3385 [3386] 3387 3388 ... 8167