Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3371 3372 [3373] 3374 3375 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480982 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50580 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »

This. Have you seen American Pie? Literally any of them? They're all about this. Also, sex isn't that great. It's nice and everything, but its not like 'ZOMG LIFE IS PERFECT NOW!' like people make it out to be. It's like chocolate.
Stiffler's mom ♥ Finch.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50581 on: August 25, 2012, 12:47:01 pm »

Clever trait of evolution to play though. Make the act of attempting to reproduce an enjoyable one, if brief, that is worth attempting to repeat as often as possible.

Mind you, that desire causes problems of its own unfortunatley.
This is a blank sig.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50582 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:00 pm »

Funny thing is, the only reason sex is pleasurable for humans is that it helped form lasting attachments between mates. This is also why female genitalia is positioned the way it is (So we have sex from the front, because you're more likely to form a bond with someone when you're staring at them, I guess), and is also responsible for a good deal of human posture.
Science for the win!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #50583 on: August 25, 2012, 01:02:35 pm »

This is also why female genitalia is positioned the way it is (So we have sex from the front, because you're more likely to form a bond with someone when you're staring at them, I guess), and is also responsible for a good deal of human posture.
Science for the win!
I'm not so sure about that; monkeys fuck from behind naturally and their junk is in the same general location as human genitalia. And needless to say, sex can be pleasurable with multiple mates... Have to call bullshit on that one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50584 on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:53 pm »

I do rather enjoy sex, but your virginity sex will likely be the worst you ever have. There will be fumbling, there will be awkwardness, there will be unfamiliarity with your partner's genitalia, and a lot more fun stuff.

It's far from the most important moment in your life. Heck, it's not even the most important sex you'll have in your life.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50585 on: August 25, 2012, 01:09:25 pm »

This is also why female genitalia is positioned the way it is (So we have sex from the front, because you're more likely to form a bond with someone when you're staring at them, I guess), and is also responsible for a good deal of human posture.
Science for the win!
I'm not so sure about that; monkeys fuck from behind naturally and their junk is in the same general location as human genitalia. And needless to say, sex can be pleasurable with multiple mates... Have to call bullshit on that one.

I had a source somewhere, but I appear to have lost it. And searching through Wikipedia, it appears I may be incorrect. It has more to do with concealed ovulation than positioning, I guess. My bad, and good call, Kamin. :P I didn't even realize mantids knew anything about human sexual proclivities.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50586 on: August 25, 2012, 01:11:04 pm »

the mantids know all

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50587 on: August 25, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »

So far no one has admitted to being 26 (nearly 27) and in a similar situation virginity-wise, so I guess that's me.
Tesla. Newton. Kant.  You're in good company, bro.

Anybody know how old Armok is?  I remember he was remaining celibate in order to enhance his scientific capabilities.

I was 21 and a drunk-out-of-his-mind soldier on leave from the army in the cold north.  Wasn't even particularly "my fault", as I was encouraged and manipulated into releasing my baser urges by the overweight backwoods batshit insane single mother who I wound up doing the deed with in my half-conscious state.

Needless to say, it was magical.

In other news, I'm slightly sad (although I don't really think it's bad enough to really qualify for this thread) that I am utter shite at RTS games, despite loving them so much.  Just played a 2v2 skirmish in COH:Opposing Fronts, where I was a British artillery commander backing up an American normal AI, versus two normal Wehrmacht AIs.

And I was losing.  Terrifically.  And then when I tried to restart, the game crashed from my utter badness.

I'll make a medic commander out of you, sir, if you want! :)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50588 on: August 25, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »

the mantids know all

lolololololo

I can't believe you would presume such a farcical assumption, they clearly don't know anything being insects.
He's fucking with us.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50589 on: August 25, 2012, 01:15:59 pm »

The other day I was doing back-to-school shopping and I heard this seven-year-old blurt out "Mom, I like iPads with thwee-gee and cawwiuh!"

Please stop buying your little children Apple products.
where the fucks my cawwiuh!?!
That aint' right  :-\

Not at all. My children will not have cell phones until they can afford their own. The obsession with being able to 'liek OMG takl to every1 all da tiem!' is pretty damn sickening. I hate not being able to leave my phone, because surely my PO will call in that short amount of time I don't have it, and then I'll be in fucking trouble because cell phone. Corded phones for the win. :P
I got my cell phone two months ago and have made three calls on it. It helps that it has the "When I said only use this for important stuff I meant it" plan where one minute of talking is thirty cents and a text is twenty (I don't know how you'd get 40 seconds worth of talking into a hastily typed text message - maybe they aren't worth it because I have voicemail! *gasp*). I really hate all these little kids who have everything their parents can buy them. Their little iPhones all have horribly cracked and sticky screens.

I always end up sounding bitter about this, because I had to get into an academic high school that only accepts 120 people each year (out of the 500 who tried, including me) to get my laptop, not play on my parents' guilt at not being able to see me every hour of the day when I was nine >:(
My wooden badge was delicious.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #50590 on: August 25, 2012, 01:20:35 pm »

the mantids know all

lolololololo

I can't believe you would presume such a farcical assumption, they clearly don't know anything being insects.
You're a clever human male boy, Hans. Clever indeed... I will end you for your insolence.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50591 on: August 25, 2012, 01:23:07 pm »

I dunno, I quite like sex, personally.  I mean, sure, it's overrated...  But that's not saying a whole lot, considering just how insanely highly-rated it is.  Of course, the thing to remember is that it's not just a jolly-then-the-cleaners, there's the whole emotional/mental aspect as well.  It's kind of an affirmation of one's value as a specimen, and being wanted is a huge ego boost.  And, being able to give pleasure to someone else is also quite a high.

And thanks to insecurities/possible desensitization, I've never even climaxed during any sort of partner activity; I always have to work it out for myself.  I really don't feel a whole heck of a lot physically, but I still crave the act and the whole smorgasbord of sensations it entails.

Of course, I'm going to be committing coitus later on tonight, so my opinion may be biased.

Funny thing is, the medics get killed less often than the officers...  I'm slightly disturbed by that offer, all in all.  Sounds fun though.

And I'd love to take you up on some Dawn of War, Japa.  But I should probably make clear that I only have Dark Crusade, which means Tau.  ...or Necrons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50592 on: August 25, 2012, 01:26:44 pm »

Funny thing is, the only reason sex is pleasurable for humans is that it helped form lasting attachments between mates. This is also why female genitalia is positioned the way it is (So we have sex from the front, because you're more likely to form a bond with someone when you're staring at them, I guess), and is also responsible for a good deal of human posture.
Science for the win!
Nah that wasn't the means, that was a side effect from us being fully bipedal and all.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50593 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

Funny thing is, the medics get killed less often than the officers...  I'm slightly disturbed by that offer, all in all.  Sounds fun though.

Addy thine name, Korbac, for some training to beat mid level CPU's (and possibly high, I haven't tried much against them yet.)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50594 on: August 25, 2012, 02:38:53 pm »

Neil Armstrong just passed away...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 3371 3372 [3373] 3374 3375 ... 8167