Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486365 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50550 on: August 24, 2012, 11:51:21 pm »

Realizing I'm entering my Junior year in high school and I've never even come close to being in a relationship.
<----- 25 years old, never had a real relationship, still a virgin.  I'd say others have done worse than you :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50551 on: August 25, 2012, 12:00:12 am »

Realizing I'm entering my Junior year in high school and I've never even come close to being in a relationship.
<----- 25 years old, never had a real relationship, still a virgin.  I'd say others have done worse than you :P

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #50552 on: August 25, 2012, 12:06:21 am »

Oooh I love story time! Don't get discouraged about not getting relationships in high school. You just need a change of scenery to find people interested in you. My first kiss was with an absolutely beautiful girl during a beach fling when I was 16. Up until then I hadn't had any interest shown in me at all. It turns out that if you are taken out of a workplace setting like school and meet some women that one of em is bound to like you as long as you like yourself.

By the way, beach fling didn't materialize sexually (which I'm kinda glad for, it was an innocent romance, first kiss-under-shooting-star kinda thing) and the only stable relationship I had ended because of a bite, so I'm 20 and a virgin to give you some perspective.

Pre-edit: Ninjad while watching let's plays.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50553 on: August 25, 2012, 12:35:16 am »

Man, I lost my virginity at 15. I think I'm the youngest person I know, though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50554 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:19 am »

...Your personal text does say minister of LOVE...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50555 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:55 am »

This made me feel a lot better. I also lost my virginity at 15. *Brofist* I felt like a total slut reading the other posts.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50556 on: August 25, 2012, 12:49:02 am »

...and I suddenly realize that saying "there's nothing wrong with being a slut" is, in this society, basically saying "YEAH I LOVE THEM LOOSE WOMEN".

That makes me sad.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50557 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:04 am »

... 12-13.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50558 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:39 am »

=/ I don't know whether to congratulate or apologize, but I suppose it depends on what the circumstances were. Regardless, I think the point of this line of discussion is that your date of virginity loss is in no way something that has to define you unless you want it to.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50559 on: August 25, 2012, 01:10:47 am »

Eh. I'd just like it to happen soonish.

any day now...

>_>

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50560 on: August 25, 2012, 01:22:56 am »

Hey, don't write it off like it's not gonna happen! My friend and I were having a discussion like this in the senior year of high school. He lost his when he was 13, but hadn't been with a woman since he moved to my area, leaving him with a dry spell of three years or so. We pretty much came to the conclusion that we were perfectly happy chilling with each other and doing our thing and that we weren't gonna go out and make asses of ourselves trying to impress women. He said, quote, "Sure, if a girl falls into my lap I'll be happy to, but I'm not going to put in any effort past picking up my phone."

The next week his now girlfriend of three years called him out of the blue after getting his number from a mutual friend. It was, quite literally, a booty call. So yeah, it happens. From attractive, driven, and intellectual women too. It's just always other people that are lucky enough to benefit =p

Edit: No puns intended?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:25:49 am by Shinotsa »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50561 on: August 25, 2012, 01:24:20 am »

"Sure, if a girl falls into my lap I'll be happy to, but I'm not going to put in any effort past picking up my phone."

Pun intended?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50562 on: August 25, 2012, 04:51:02 am »

...I don't understand.

"Sure, if a girl falls into my lap I'll be happy to, but I'm not going to put in any effort past picking up my phone."

Pun intended?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50563 on: August 25, 2012, 05:35:03 am »

I think he means 'innuendo', rather than 'pun'.

'Slut' is a definer for people who sleep with a large amount of people, often.

So that doesn't really count for people who lost their virginity younger than others.
Or people who have sex with a single (or a few, I guess) people often, and with variety.

So really you can't use that word in reference to a lot of stuff.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50564 on: August 25, 2012, 10:05:53 am »

If it helps, I waited until I was 20.

When I was young, I literally couldn't believe that someone else could express a legitimate interest in dating me, and on the occasions when I was asked out I found myself interpreting it as an elaborate joke at my expense. An unstable upbringing can screw you up. On into highschool, I recognized that I didn't have the self-confidence or emotional development to have a healthy relationship with someone, so I avoided it, and focused on working out the baggage my upbringing left me with.

When I finally sought my first relationship and eventually slept with someone for the first time, I certainly enjoyed it, but afterward I realized that setting that as an objective, or using it as a milestone for my life, would be silly... and I was glad I waited until I developed self-respect, and learned to love myself.

Moral of the story is: Don't rush it. It's nice, and an experience I'm glad for, but it amounts to relatively little in the face of all the amazing things that life has to offer. You need a strong foundation before you can build a comfortable dwelling for your internal, emotional life... and it's best not to rush that foundation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:10:11 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 8167