Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3368 3369 [3370] 3371 3372 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486322 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50535 on: August 24, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

Yes, catalog EVERYTHING!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50536 on: August 24, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

Catalog all the things. All of them.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #50537 on: August 24, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

I think I have an idea for what to write as my first SCP article :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Blacksmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50538 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:36 pm »

Trivia: everyone breaks the rules on dry campuses. Like seriously, 95% of people who would drink off campus will drink on campus, just more carefully. Also it's typically very hard to get caught. And they give you a lot of chances if you break the rules because they don't want to expel most of their freshman class each year.
Dude, I know that.  I'm just a very law-abiding person, even with laws I think are useless.

My dry campus had a school run bar on campus. Lip service is a wonderful thing sometimes.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #50539 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

Trivia: everyone breaks the rules on dry campuses. Like seriously, 95% of people who would drink off campus will drink on campus, just more carefully. Also it's typically very hard to get caught. And they give you a lot of chances if you break the rules because they don't want to expel most of their freshman class each year.
Dude, I know that.  I'm just a very law-abiding person, even with laws I think are useless.

My dry campus had a school run bar on campus. Lip service is a wonderful thing sometimes.
That's crazy... Thank God only dorms and classrooms were dry on mine. #2 Party School in the US now (according to the Princeton Review), so we'll see how well that works out for it.

My sadness? I've been in a rut for a month trying to finally start off down a career path, and I fill my downtime with exercise to stay sane. I was setting a new personal record for a 5 mile run tonight when, about 4 miles in, I started getting really sick. My stomach was doing things no stomach should do, and I ended up dragging my ass back home. I'll admit I'm really more upset by it than I should be, but I was doing AWESOME tonight. In the zone and everything... Sonofabitch.  :-[

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #50540 on: August 24, 2012, 10:16:29 pm »

Well the good thing about casual exercise is that you can always improve, so it's not like you missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. Just take care of yourself and don't eat that entire plate of improperly cooked and handled beef smothered in hot sauce and laxatives next time. But seriously, focus on chilling out and getting better rather than stressing over something you can't change.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50541 on: August 24, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »

Realizing I'm entering my Junior year in high school and I've never even come close to being in a relationship.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50542 on: August 24, 2012, 10:23:04 pm »

I was the same way, bro. You have plenty of time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #50543 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:09 pm »

One of My thoughts for an SCP is a old American flag that absorbs blood... but there are enough blood drinking SCPs as it is.

Maybe a breed of insect that injects tiny eggs into eyeball fluid while you sleep?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #50544 on: August 24, 2012, 11:10:06 pm »

Eh, sure it's nightmare fuel, but is it really something detached from reality in some base way that makes its existence simply... wrong? I mean sure eyeball maggots are gross, but eyeball worms already exist. Now extra-dimensional eyeball maggots, you might be onto something there =p
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50545 on: August 24, 2012, 11:10:53 pm »

Maybe a breed of insect that injects tiny eggs into eyeball fluid while you sleep?

That isn't an SCP, that's just gross. It's not anomalous, just.... gross.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50546 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

To be the voice of reason here, do something you're comfortable with. I absolutely hate it when people drag other people out of their comfort zones in the name of "fun". It's anti-fun for me to see people dragged out by this selfish ideology -- "get over yourself and have some fun and you'll end up liking it." It only makes them feel better in the end for having self-righteously "saved you" from your "unfun" existence.

This. I'm one of those people, and when I get dragged out of my comfort zone, I get angry, I don't have fun. Then when everyone gets mad at me for not having fun like them, I get even angrier, and they're all suddenly confused when I freak out on them.
I actually do venture out of my comfort zone on occasion, under my own terms and of my own free will. Forcing this process does not go well.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50547 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:06 pm »

Me too. Stop dragging me out of my comfort zone to do things that are questionable ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50548 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:37 pm »

Me too. Stop dragging me out of my comfort zone to do things that are questionable ;_;

NO! COME DO WHAT WE THINK IS FUN OR YOU'LL BE WIERD! DO IT NOW! WE'RE YOUR FRIENDS, WE KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU!

Ahem, sorry. I'll stop now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50549 on: August 24, 2012, 11:35:44 pm »

Yessss.... Burn it all down.... We isss friendssssss....
Pages: 1 ... 3368 3369 [3370] 3371 3372 ... 8167