Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487289 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50460 on: August 24, 2012, 10:18:07 am »

It more than likely would have simply been killed if taken to one of the shelters since catsplosions are a real problem now. You took it out of the line of traffic and that's better than nothing. I know I've dodged traffic a few times to pull box turtles out of the road (since I'm a turtle guy) and all you can hope for is that it turned out alright or died peacefully.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50461 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:23 am »

It more than likely would have simply been killed if taken to one of the shelters since catsplosions are a real problem now. You took it out of the line of traffic and that's better than nothing. I know I've dodged traffic a few times to pull box turtles out of the road (since I'm a turtle guy) and all you can hope for is that it turned out alright or died peacefully.

I save a lot of turtles as well. More often than not, they hiss at me and try to pee on me, but I'd rather get a bit of turtle pee on me and feel better about myself than watch an innocent creature get killed out of laziness on the part of humans.
And thank you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50462 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:43 am »

Thank YOU for saving turtles. People don't swerve to hit them like snakes, but they're also a lot slower =/ . Sure they hiss, piss on you, crap only on surfaces that are hard to clean and bite at your toes when they're hungry, but... uh... wait. Where was I going with this?

Anyway, they're awesome. Trust me on this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50463 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:47 am »

As long as they're not ninjas I'm fine with 'em. Actually even if they were I guess I would be.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50464 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Thank YOU for saving turtles. People don't swerve to hit them like snakes, but they're also a lot slower =/ . Sure they hiss, piss on you, crap only on surfaces that are hard to clean and bite at your toes when they're hungry, but... uh... wait. Where was I going with this?

Anyway, they're awesome. Trust me on this one.

I don't mind it, I like turtles. They're kinda cute. And it is really depressing to see dead animals on the side of the road, regardless of animal type. I wouldn't stop to save a raccoon or possum, because teeth, but I'll save anything I'm fairly sure won't injure me as payment. Even the kitten made me nervous, they can bite fingers off.
I hit a snake once, and felt like a total piece of shit for a week because of it. Why all the animal hate? They're just trying to live. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50465 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:00 am »

I know man, I don't even LIKE snakes and I still stop for them to cross the road. But you have to admit they have to either be creepy or awe-inspiring. There's no other possible reaction to watching a creature with no legs climb vertically up a tree, and then STICK to it when you try to pull it off.

That snake later ate the eggs of the cardinals nesting in my yard. Talk about sad =(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50466 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:31 am »

Snakes: Proof nature is fucking awesome.

And yeah, it sucks that the snake ate the eggs. But it's like I said in the drugs thread I made, as long as there is life on earth somewhere, then life is winning. And that is what matters. For all we know right now, we are the only living creatures in the universe. Gotta make it count.
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50467 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:05 pm »

So Big Boss is their lovechild?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50468 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »

So Big Boss is their lovechild?

You sir, win one internet.

+1 INTERNET
^(o.o)^
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50469 on: August 24, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »

Thank YOU for saving turtles. People don't swerve to hit them like snakes, but they're also a lot slower =/

People intentionally swerve to hit snakes? What the fuck.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50470 on: August 24, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

But snakes eat the cute little disease harboring rats and mice!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50471 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »

But snakes eat the cute little disease harboring rats and mice!

This! And spiders eat shit like fleas, ants, and cockroachs, as well as flies, mosquitoes, and those nasty junebug things! Centipedes eat all that, PLUS SPIDERS! Why do people hate the gribblies?
He's fucking with us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50472 on: August 24, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »

Because they're icky.

But seriously, centipedes are awesome.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50473 on: August 24, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »

Mh, i rather have spiders.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50474 on: August 24, 2012, 12:24:41 pm »

But seriously, centipedes are awesome.
They're poisonous, aggressive and they eat spiders.

Three reasons why you don't want them in your house.
Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 8167