Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487370 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #50445 on: August 24, 2012, 04:32:18 am »

Dont worry about that either. Don't believe every paranoid rumor you hear in a gaming forum
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50446 on: August 24, 2012, 04:53:20 am »

As cancer originates from mutations in cells, just about ANYTHING could cause cancer.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #50447 on: August 24, 2012, 05:00:18 am »

Hey, eating cooked meat (may cause) causes cancer too! :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50448 on: August 24, 2012, 05:01:37 am »

And according to my maternal unit, drinking cold water.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #50449 on: August 24, 2012, 05:11:51 am »

There was, apparently, some concern about it increasing the risk of breast cancer, which aint too crazy an idea, as its highly sensitive to hormones, and things as simple as sleeping pattern alterations have been shown to affect the relative risk. However, studies have failed to provide a definitive link as far as Sertraline is concerned. And at any event, since I'm assuming Gamerlord ain't a woman, his breast cancer risk is small to begin with. And not particularily determined by hormones.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50450 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:46 am »

Apparently, there's 8 foods in the world which WON'T cause cancer.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50451 on: August 24, 2012, 05:42:37 am »

Lemme guess, they are ice cream, chocolate mud cake, buttered popcorn, fudge, potato crisps, hamburgers, pie and deep-fried butter? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50452 on: August 24, 2012, 06:00:42 am »

As long as you don't burn them, maybe. :P
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50453 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:41 am »

As cancer originates from mutations in cells, just about ANYTHING could cause cancer.
Exactly. That's why the cure for cancer is death.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50454 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:33 am »

Listen, Gamerlord... I'm sorry... But you have an incurable, 100 % fatal disease. It's called life, and there is no known cure. It always ends in death. We're working on a cure... But if there is one, it will take us centuries to discover.

:P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50455 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:42 am »

Listen, Gamerlord... I'm sorry... But you have an incurable, 100 % fatal disease. It's called life, and there is no known cure. It always ends in death. We're working on a cure... But if there is one, it will take us centuries to discover.

:P

Balderdash. YOU HAVE THE CURE, YOU JUST WON'T GIVE IT TO US!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50456 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:16 am »

I have the cure. It's called bullets.

But I still won't give it to you.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50457 on: August 24, 2012, 09:58:29 am »

The cure to life is... The Internet. You had it within you (via wifi) then entire time! :P

Also, today I was driving to my classes, saw a cat in the road. Stopped to get it out of the road. It was a tiny little kitten, maybe four or five weeks old. I picked it up, and it had blood all over its belly. A car pulled up behind mine (yes I stop in the middle of the road to help injured kittens) and honked. I ran to the side of the road and put the kitten in the grass. I couldn't take him home, or my cats would kill him for sure. I couldn't take him to the vet, because I'm broke. I still don't think I did the right thing though.  :-[ I don't know what I should have done.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50458 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:11 am »

cat centre?

I mean, they may have put you under that thingymajig where they visit the house every so often to make sure you aren't abusing the pets, but provided you took proper care of them, you would've been fine.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I couldn't have kept the cat at my house, due to older, quite territorial cats I already have. Also, my dogs.
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50459 on: August 24, 2012, 10:13:53 am »

Oh I see. Yeah, that would probably have been a better choice. I'm not entirely sure we have any animal shelters around here, as we don't even have animal control. Most people around here just kill the animals.  :-\
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 8167